New team colours!

Thats really cool, Ryhe. I have never had the courage to try and mess with the palette files.. I am glad someone has.... now the possibilites are endless..... I like the two color expirements... with a little tweaking... as a I said, the possibilities are limitless.

Neat stuff.

Smoking mirror said:
Actualy the civ III colours have a fairly good spread apart from the smaller gaps in the green and blue spectrum and the lack of greyish colours. The other ideas such as two tone or magic colours seem a bit impractical but the transparent colours could be usefull for special scenarios, though you would have to put a lot of work in to it. How about a scenario with native cultures with transparent borders, all with the same (barbarian) civ colour? It would be like a barbarian civ with barbarian cities.

I ahve been thinking about attempting this for "the Drone Army" in my mod... they start with the technology to build a barbarian bonus modifier as well (half odf the great wall) and are expansionist.... to pretty much make barbarians a non-issue for them.

hey Rhye, considered changing the colors in ROC, and even not, could you add your terrian to the file. (i hate the default!)

Rhye said:
Replace \art\units\palettes. Backup it first
But didn't you say that then it would stay with the old color distribution? =S

Captainkeyes23 said:
hey Rhye, considered changing the colors in ROC, and even not, could you add your terrian to the file. (i hate the default!)
Both my terrain and my colours already are in Rhye's of Civ. Colours are included since patch 2.14

If you're looking for the terrain only, click on the blue link in my signature

Rhye said:
I did say it in an earlier post
And is it still true? Or did you set it up so the new palettes replace those of their respective owners?

Blasphemous said:
Rhye, how about darkish red with a bit of light grey for Rome? I can imagine dark red and yellow don't go well together, but grey goes will with anything... :)

That's pretty much what I did with Rome.

I got around to editing all 31 civs. Since I am into more "realistic" colors I pretty much went by flags, or ancient ones if I could find them. It was a little tricky though because so many civs share the color of red so I had to make a few exceptions. Most of them turned out pretty good, while some of them could use a little bit of work.

Rhye is right though. Using a dark color for the first color can make units and borders look a little wierd. :lol: I still like having multi-colored civs though. :)

Greece looks awesome, low!:goodjob: Mind posting previews for other civs?;)

Amenhotep7 said:
Greece looks awesome, low!:goodjob: Mind posting previews for other civs?;)

Thanks. I got a few more. Here's India, Persia, England, and America. Of course India, England, and America are based on more modern colors.

Rhye,

I'll get back to you on that. If you got anything as far as ancient flags or colors go, for any civ, let me know. Keep in mind these are a work in progress, especially to get the borders and the cities to look good. I'll get around to playing more with this later on tonight. ;)

Oh my.... Those are... Beautiful. I genuinely started breathing heavy when I saw America's colors. :crazyeye:
Good job. :goodjob:
If you want any assistance with ideas for coloring civs you're having trouble with, I'd love to help!!

Rhye said:
Here's a set of colours, with some edited.
In particular, two shades of pink and a shade of dark yellow were replaced with cyan (see screenshot), lime and a shade of gray.
Because of this, some other colours were darkened or lightened a bit in oder to improve the distinction.
The zip contains a .biq, too, with no rules changes but only colour assignments. This was done because there was some people complainting that sometimes some civs are automatically given the same colour. With a redistribution this won't happen again. You can play the biq with the new shades without having to overwrite the original colours.

EDIT 11/05/04: Updated version (1.1). Some changes to enhance distinction between cities colours.
The biq here is based on Conquests v1.22
Any chance of getting 1.15 back? I am staying at 1.15 because of SGs, etc.

I finally got around to playing with these a little more. The borders and city colors that I have decided to redo are coming along nicely. The unfortunate part is that so many civs share similar "realistic" colors, and that using darker colors first and lighter colors second looks awful in most cases. So, some are just going to have to stay either one color or use colors not generally associated with them.

If anyone wishes to help, I'll take flag/color ideas for Spain, Mongols, Aztecs, France, Turks, Scandinavia, Sumeria, Japan, Hittites and the Zulu.

Here's how I have the rest colored as of now and all of them look pretty good:

Rome: grey/red
Egypt: red/black
Greece: white/light blue
Babylon: green/blue
Germany: yellow/black
Russia: brown/red
China: yellow/red
America: red/blue
India: orange/green
Persia: gold/green
Iroqouis: white/purple
England: white/red
Celts: white/black
Arabs: green/black
Carthage: white/brown
Korea: blue/white
Netherlands: white/orange
Portugal: green/red
Byzantines: white/yellow
Inca: white/green
Maya: yellow/blue

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions let me know. :)

Here's my opinion of some: (the order means which colour must be the first in the unit cloths and in bold the colour of cities, graphs etc.)

Rome: dark yellow or light orange + dark red
Greece: white + light blue
Germany: grey or dark grey + dark grey or black
China: pale blue
France: dark blue
England: red
Egypt: yellow or
Celts: light green
Netherlands: orange
Portugal: red + green
Spain: yellow + light red
Scandinavia: white + blue
Arabia: greyish green
Mongols: golden
Persia: white + golden or white + green
America: red + blue
Japan: dark yellow or white + red
Zulu: dark brown
Aztecs: dark green

Hey Rhye. I would agree with most of them, but why pale blue for China and light green for the Celts? I would think the Celts should be black, white, or grey, or a combo of any two of these, preferably white/black.

Top Bottom