Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry went home for thanksgiving have no internet really and cannot check my school mail. had a hellish flight of it too.

I personally don't mind, but I'm not sure everybody wants their email addresses post the way they are in the readme.
Anyway, I'm done reading and correcting. I may have missed some stuff so the rest of you are welcome to go over it and correct it further.

Blasphemous said:
I personally don't mind, but I'm not sure everybody wants their email addresses post the way they are in the readme.

Right. If anybody doesn't want its mail shown, please tell loud.

Great job with the readme BTW. It is correct now :) (One more thing: isn't "haven't" or "haven't got" more correct than "don't have"?)

I decided to abandon my game as England (I lost momentum once I stopped playing regularly) and I started a new game as Greece on 0.72.
-In the Trireme pedia entry the naval movement costs aren't formatted correctly.
-I got a settler from the goody hut SW of Athens really early on. Whenever this kind of thing happens it overpowers whoever benefits from it. There must be some way to make it stop happening. Perhaps the Settler unit should be changed so it's some other kind of unit, and civs would then build a different unit to make their cities and get whatever the Settler is changed to when they get lucky on a goody hut. It's just not balanced that a civ can double its power by luck in the early ancient age. It can make them the definitive world leader for the whole game.
-I discovered Philosophy at about 1000BC, got republic as a free tech, and changed to Oligarchic Republic immediately. It's now almost 0AD and the ancient age is almost done with.
-At 650BC I already had about 2500 gold. At 70BC I had almost 4000 gold. Throughout the whole period (starting alot before 650BC) I have always been ahead of the rest on gold, but there's usually a few nations with at least 100 and one to three with over 300.

Blasphemous said:
-I got a settler from the goody hut SW of Athens really early on. Whenever this kind of thing happens it overpowers whoever benefits from it. There must be some way to make it stop happening. Perhaps the Settler unit should be changed so it's some other kind of unit, and civs would then build a different unit to make their cities and get whatever the Settler is changed to when they get lucky on a goody hut. It's just not balanced that a civ can double its power by luck in the early ancient age. It can make them the definitive world leader for the whole game.

Every civ except Incas have a goody hut that could allow a city (so over a plain/grassland/hill tile) nearby. Removing it to Greece would be unfair.

1. I got this gold by simply selling techs to anyone with alot of gold (or anyone with any gold once the tech is old).
2. I don't want any specific goody hut removed, I just think they should not be able to produce a second settler, and this can maybe be done by editing the Settler so it does something else instead of making cities (and a new real settler would be added for the actual civs to build for cities.) Also I managed to nab two foreign goody huts with my first warrior. One was a bit north of me (nearby Byz) and the other was France's (got to that one a turn before the French.)

England 0.72 update:

Persia had 13500 gold by 1816!

The tech race really slows down towards the end of the industrial age. Actually, in nearly all versions this happens but I don't think many people play until the end game so it doesn't seem to get reported. From about 1900 the time line gets later and more out of synch with reality - Modern Age by 1970 - first tanks by 2000 (another reason why Armoured Car should be the first tank :mischief: j/k). I'm tech leader with a mass of gold but I just can't get to the Modern Age any faster.

Seeing as Trench Infantry has to survive until Modern Infantry (which is almost the end of the game), suggest calling them something more general. Trench Infantry only applies to WWI. Also, TOW Infantry can be researched before Tanks, which is a bit odd.

IMHO it would make more sense if the Internet wonder applied to every city and not just one continent. Surely the whole point of the Internet is that borders and distance are immaterial?

B-52.ini is missing as well.

I'd rather not have my e-mail made public, thanks.

->OK I'll remove all your emails.

->replace

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_B-52
B-52

with

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_B-52
Bomber

->OK for the internet. Sounds right.

->Thanks for the info on the timeline. That's important for me, to know in which sense I have to edit the costs.

Vostos said:
is there anything I can do to help with the production of the X-pack, I would like to help.

OK, I appreciate your help and our number was recently reduced with Beernuts gone to shot to deers, Aeon lost in the airports, Blasphemous being attached to his English empire and Lachlan and Horton refusing to tollerate inflation :crazyeye:

Tell me your email, I'll send you the link of the 0.72 for testers.

About the industrial and modern age slowdown: I don't know if it's any different in the X-Pack, but in standard RoC this is because of the 5 turn per tech limit. By the time I reach the industrial I can research every tech in 5 turns at full science, and as I progress I can manage that 5 turns with less and less science, eventually hitting a bottom cap of 20%-30% at the end of the modern age.

Lowering tech prices won't make a difference. The 5 turn cap has to go for the timeline to get better.

That does, however, make Democracy a very appealing choice compared to Communism, seeing as you can spend all that excess gold on rush builds.

I like the huts near the start locations. It makes sure that the same civs don't always have the advantage.

looks/plays really great so far... trying to play as maya... i like how the games expansion is so much more restricted.. my 3 citys are getting great micromanagment i never before bothered to do!

Procrastinator said:
Any chance the large amounts of gold could be caused by an inability for the computer to spend (as well as a large gpt)? I've seen big amounts in RoC but not the huge gpt spoken of re RoCX.
Could be, but when spies become available the AI spends money really quickly. Persia must have spent thousands trying to steal techs and place spies every turn. I kept getting warnings of spies being captured or failed attempts to steal techs every turn at one stage. It really is super important to have spies in every major Civs capital in RoCX.

perhaps its just me, but even in the early game stage.. loading times SUCK!

whats going on ? i thought this game was mena b fast?

Rhye, can I remove the readme from my uploads now? If you don't need it to be onlien anymore it's probably better to remove it since it still has the emails inside.

hi doing my best to catch up on things readme is being a little bastardito an wont come off of floppy till just now (had to basically redesign my home computer's hardware to get on the flipping internet too...)

I was unable to rewrite the tech tree component, because it was unclear what you meant. SOrry!

If you post a clarification I can do that in ten or twenty.

Also, I Xed the first to reduce size so i can post it here.

I used the Firaxis readme as a style source and worked on making it sound professional. dont know what you will think of it since you already have one, but i think I managed to post it just now.

I THINK my internet is stable, but i do not have civ on this computer... soooo its kinda worthless ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom