TerraForm -- a map editor for CIV dos

I think i discovered the issue. The harddrive that I stored the program on and the TFK appears to be corrupt so when I tried to load the program on my new machine it would install but then not run. I downloaded the program again from here and it runs but won't except the old or perhaps corrupt key. I've requested a new key so hopefully that all works well.
Sorry for jumping the gun on blaming windows 7!

Hi Dack,
I hope this is the right channel to report a bug in Terraform.:confused: I don't know if you are aware of it yet.

If you put a settler to work in CIV and then use Terraform to change it to something else, let's say a knight, then the game hangs during your next turn when that knight tries to build a road. Very in-dignifying, I would also refuse!:lol:

It is not serious, but I thought you may want to know about it.

Hi Dack,
... a bug in Terraform. ...
If you put a settler to work in CIV and then use Terraform to change it to something else, let's say a knight, then the game hangs during your next turn when that knight tries to build a road. ...

I should have reset the Status bits and the Settler Function counter when switching unit type from settler to any other.

Nice to have a real observation about this program. I’ll attempt to modify the code.

I remember randomly trying to change hex numbers in civ.exe to make "hacks" happen when I was A kid.. At some point I got it to show entire map, and you could sell structures from other populations cities.. :)

Edit: Ahh only active members, I guess I'll have to write my own map editor then :/

I just did see somewhere that a key was send in march 2014...

Has anybody here experience to run JCivED or TERRAFORM with winXP, installed within Linux/WINE? (I have very few hope)

... since years now i play civ1 just with dosbox within linux ...
( that's why i'm not able to use *.msi - Terraform anymore :sad:
i would have to set up an own older pc just to work/edit with that...)

- and i don't like to buy win7 / win8.1 (well - never say never, but not in nearest future).

...luckily i can use this with linux dosbox (did just copy the win$.exe into the game folder):
This new release of CIV$ ver 081001 works in DosBox
CIV dollar sign - CIV$

Hi Dack, after using TerraForm some more, I want to suggest a couple of features... An undo/redo feature. This way when you change terrain or make changes to cities/units, you can undo it. Also, perhaps a revert feature would be nice as well that way it doesn't take as long to reload the current saved game.

Hi,
i thought that i'll try out Civ 1 again after some years without it and of course i need that awesome Terraform program again.
I registered like 5 years ago and requested a key back then - and got one :D

I got a new Pc now and i obviously lost the old key so i tried to sent Dack a mail again but all i get is this:
"Sorry. The email function has been disabled by the administrator."

i guess a private message won't work....anyone got any ideas?

thanks in advance

Yeah, just go to his profile page, and then click on send message. Also, don't forget to include your email address so he can send you the key file.

The request for TerraForm Registration Key has been changed to allowing for request by PM (as the Civfantics E-mail function is no longer available).
See the first post in this thread for instructions.

Thanks for the nudge in the right direction, I’ve been thinking about updating the instructions but never seem to make the time to do it.

Thanks for the hint kirkham7 and thanks to Dack for sending me the key :D

edit: sry for typing the wrong name...brain fail there^^

Hey Dack, another question/suggestion... Currently when you add units into a saved game it uses the default stats for the first turn, is there a way to check what the stats are for the saved game already and then use that for the unit you add? For example, I have put the movement number for settlers to 3, but when I add a settlers unit using terraform, it only has 1 movement (default).

Hi, Dack, I have just received TKF file I requested (last week I requested two, because I had old version of terraform and first TKF didnt work, so I install new version and send new request for file generated in this new version), but it doesnt work anyway - after assigning it in terraform, it always shows me a pop-up window that registration is false and I cant save changes. Terraform is running without a problem. Can you help me with this?

I haven't played Civ1 for years, but I had this itch to play it and peruse the forums. I find civilization 1 is a nice simple game from my childhood to play late at night when I can't sleep.

Does anyone here regularly play it still? :)

Absolutely, in fact I have it open right now. I work from home and it gives a nice break without having to leave my computer.

I haven't played Civ1 for years, but I had this itch to play it and peruse the forums. I find civilization 1 is a nice simple game from my childhood to play late at night when I can't sleep.

Does anyone here regularly play it still? :)

Hi leibeldms, and kirkham7. Yup, I am playing it :). And I have been for the last six years, on and off. I am not one of the original civ crowd, though. Having played civ 3 for quite a while I thought it be interesting to try out the older versions, and as luck would have it, a friend of mine in London said that he might have the original box of floppy disks in a cupboard somewhere. He found it and passed it on to me, and that's how it all started. That's what friends are for right? :cool:

More to the point, I would like to get TeraForm working asap and I was only wondering if multiple registrations can be applied for. I have an old win xp in a work station and an emulated installation running in virtualbox on my main linux based computer. So, please Dack, only for convenience sake, I wonder, would it matter if I apply for more than one registration?

You would have to send registration requests for both. I'd imagine you can have it installed as many times as you want, but the code generated by the programs will be different, so you'd have to send all the registrations that you want activated.

How do I download the file?? Whenever I download the zip file from the first post, I just get a "attachment.php" file??

Top Bottom