Your favorite faction?

Civ001

Chieftain
As it says in the tin, what is your favorite faction from playing the game Rise of Nations? What did you like about the game?

My favorite faction is easily the Americans. They're ridiculously powerful in the late game. They're almost overpowered, actually. Just the bonuses I recall off the top of my head:
  • First wonder is instant - useful for rushing Terra Cotta Army (which nicely compliments the next bonus)
  • +3 Food, Timber, Metal, and Wealth for every non-scout barracks unit on the field (not garrisoned) - This is one of the most powerful abilities in the game, since your military costs are essentially subsidized. If you use this in conjunction with the CEO (who automatically heals your units and as a result, keeps replacement costs down), you can essentially support your economy without even having citizens (although not at full capacity)
  • Governments are free - A huge benefit since it means you don't have to wait for the resources to be raised and can research Despotism immediately, which is useful for the infantry discount - remember that the earlier you get your infantry out as the Americans, the longer they have to pay back their cost with the +3 bonus
  • One free scholar with each university - huge if you're lacking for wealth, and let's you boom much more easily
  • Aircraft and carriers are 20% cheaper, and each airbase receives 2 free bombers
  • 25% cheaper military ground unit upgrades
And then you have the unique unit, which is great for fighting with the AI (which tends to build Light Infantry heavy armies anyways). Coupled with a late game boom, a couple of aircraft carriers (or at least bombers) and the proper government (despotism for the infantry, democracy for the tech boom, capitalism for the oil and the CEO), you really can't lose as the Americans, at least not to an AI.

Top Bottom