Football Manager 2013

Both players were first teamers. In the context of Wisdom he was a key player and would have been replaced by a youth teamer whom may just about be capable of hacking it.

Unfortunately, my squad is very small. Selling two players would have seriously comprimised my title aspirations. I need to improve my squad management. In addition, players in the Ukranian league do not increase in value. I bought a Serbian wonderkid five years ago and despite having top six premier league attributes, with no weak areas, he simply hasn't increased in value.
I will have to see what happens !

Congratulations on guiding Lincoln to the Prem. I haven't got the patience for those types of games. I think getting a new ground is a priority :p

I found Drage in my game and he was available on a free but didn't look quite good enough for a 28 year old.

i picked him up in the summer of '13 for 700k. he's probably my versatile player, playing midfield and both wing positions.

and for ffp, i think you get a message every year talking about it and what happens if you don't comply. after barely complying my first year, i've actually hit the tax limit two out of my next three years.

I double checked my inbox and there is no note of any punishment if i fail to comply.

I think I will leave the club if i cannot be in Europe next year. Might have to return to the homeland of the Premier League but a part of me wants to manage in Hungary...

In real life the teams that didn't comply with the regulations just got fines based on how much they didn't comply so maybe it will be the same in the game. I think in a few years they might be stricter although it depends on which teams fail the test.

I assume that Drage went to a club early on that didn't play him enough so he never fully developed or it might be that we are playing off slightly different databases. He would still be a good / leading championship player.

This is the furthest I've ever got with a conference team and its been a lot of fun so I would recommend it. Its nice building up a team although from my point of view it was important to pick a team from a city where the number of supporters could realistically grow over time and one with some history in the football league as this makes it feel more realistic. I've played 7 seasons so far.

How difficult is it to keep players when managing in the Ukraine / Hungary? I'm assuming that the best players will always want to move to one of the teams in the bigger leagues which might get a bit frustrating if you are trying to win the Champions League.

How difficult is it to keep players when managing in the Ukraine / Hungary? I'm assuming that the best players will always want to move to one of the teams in the bigger leagues which might get a bit frustrating if you are trying to win the Champions League.

My experience hasn't been typical because i've won the league every season and the cup every season bar one.
Still, i've had multiple players come to me in the season more than once and demanding they are allowed to move to a bigger club. Most of the time i can soothe them by promising they can win the title within the next season and due to my record I've managed to keep hold of them. For my first three seasons Yarmalenko (the star player for Kiev) kept on asking to leave but after winning the league three times in a row he ceased asking me.

The main threat are players running down their contracts. I've lost Denys Garmash and several others because of this.

I constantly have this pressure of the huge leagues coming in for my players but i've done my fair share in nicking smaller league talent from Bulgaria, Serbia and the Czech Republic :D. My best advice is keeping your want-away players firmly within a long contract.

As long as they are good enough. :)

Since promotion everyone seems to want 4 year contracts rather than 2 year contracts in every other league that I've been in. I'm a little worried that this is going to cause issues in a couple of seasons where hopefully I'll have signed some better players and will then need to try to sell them to cut the wage bill. Going up the league system, its been useful to be able to let 4-6 players go each season as their contracts ran out.

One extra goal: but just 1 yellow card:

Spoiler :

Sometimes the match engine seems to go crazy. I had a 7-3 away win last season.

Edit: Just noticed that Chelsea have moved to a new stadium called Lampard Stadium. :)

Attachments

• 2014-07-26_00001.jpg
    2014-07-26_00001.jpg
    313.5 KB · Views: 183
Norwich end up with Alvaro Morata?! :lol: That is a great signing.

22 points after 14 points is cracking form. You look like you will stay up easily this season.

Yeah its looking that way although after that match I had a ridiculous run of fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and then Man City all in just 2 weeks. All four sides still have quality players so at the midpoint I have 24 points from 19 games. Watford in 18th have just 13 points.

Just checked and Norwich have consistantly finished in mid table. Morata has scored 39 goals in 4 years for them. Elsewhere Bolton had a financial meltdown and are currently second in the conference. They should get promoted at some point considering their youth facilities are excellent.

Yeah its looking that way although after that match I had a ridiculous run of fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and then Man City all in just 2 weeks. All four sides still have quality players so at the midpoint I have 24 points from 19 games. Watford in 18th have just 13 points.

Have you finished the season off yet? Comfortably midtable? :)
Have you requested a new ground / expansion yet? Also, after several promotions how do the board percieve you? Legend?

Just checked and Norwich have consistantly finished in mid table. Morata has scored 39 goals in 4 years for them. Elsewhere Bolton had a financial meltdown and are currently second in the conference. They should get promoted at some point considering their youth facilities are excellent.

Disappointing goal return from Morata. I suspect a lack of gametime early on his career stunted his development..and that's why he has ended up in bloody Norwich :lol:

I didn't play a huge amount yesterday so I'm currently 9th with 34 points from 24 games. The board started building a new ground at the start of the season but it'll only increase the capacity by 5k which is a bit frustrating. I'm hoping that it will be expandable otherwise it will cause problems as apparently a new stadium can only be built every 20 years. Checked and I am a club legend along with my assistant manager due to his playing career (need to replace him really).

Morata ended up being sold to Juventus in the January transfer window for 13.5 million.

Did you end up starting a new game in Hungary? Also this thread shows that you can be disqualified from Europe:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/395112-Failed-to-Qualify-due-to-financial-reasons

Edit: 38 points from 29 games. Also we finish with a repeat of our Christmas fixtures of Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City so I think we'll end up finishing 12-15th.

In regards to my FFP question, I didn't manage to sell any players but the board created £10.75m out of thin air (prize money?) at the end of the season so we managed to meet the requirements and i made it into Europe.

I am officially the greatest ever manager in Ukranian football. I think it's time for new pastures. The Napoli job ehh....

I interviewed for Napoli but Pep Guardiola beat me to the job.
Went for the Old Trafford gig but Roberto Martinez is a better interviewee than me.

Looks like another season to build up my Ukranian legacy...

AS Roma + Arsenal have precarious managers "very insecure". I may swoop in if they fail...

Right I've started a new game in the Skrill Southern league.
Got any tips Dell?

I'm not Dell, but the best advice (albeit rather cheesy) is to load all players from Reunion when you do the set up. There are some excellent players there who will come to Skrill level clubs.

I picked up Boesso (striker), Lebon (GK) and another one who's name I forget at the beginning of my current game where I started as Eastleigh. Boesso was my top scorer for three seasons which corresponded to three straight promotions, while Lebon is now a solid championship level player for Huddersfield (or at least, he was when I last looked).

I've already booted the game up. Just looked at the add/remove leagues option and couldn't find Reunion anywhere. And that is cheesy advice ;) (but i like it)

Yeah, there's no playable league in Reunion, but in the game set up you can have it load all the players from there.

To be fair, it's a pretty well known bit of cheese amongst the FM community, going back to at least '08 (the first time I tried it). Tarrasenko (sp?) was the striking god of the Conference back then :)

i had a really good season: i did the quadruple (portuguese league cup, taca de portugal, supertaca, and 1st place in the league). i also go to the champions league semifinal.

group: me, bayern, monaco, sparta prague (finished second)
1st round: man city (h 4-0, a 3-3) the first game was weird and man city scored their only three goals in the last 15 minutes)
2nd round: dortmund (h 3-2, a 1-3) (the away game was crazy; i scored my three goals all in the last 12 minutes, and the last goal being a 30 yard free kick in the 90th minute!)
semifinal: psg (a 5-1, h 3-1) (i got killed in the first game... couldn't bounce back enough in the second game)

Right I've started a new game in the Skrill Southern league.
Got any tips Dell?

I guess the main thing is to pick a club that will be fun to manage. I picked Lincoln because they are a local side, have a relatively big stadium and are professional.

In terms of scouting I set out from the start to rely on my scouts so for the first few seasons I only signed players based in the UK and my priority at the start was to sign the best scouts that I could afford. There are alternatives like what PhroX suggested or look online, or boost the clubs youth academy. The two best early players that I signed were from the trial day thing at the start of the season which is meant to find free agents new clubs and I tended to always sign free agents.

There are lots of midweek fixtures so tiredness can be an issue and also helps to make the league more unpredictable.

Also if I was starting again I would try to remember to upgrade my facilities earlier.

Top Bottom