DEITY CHALLENGE - aiming for sub 200T victory

FINALLY!!!!!!! :band:

Details later :)

Attachments

• T199.jpg
    T199.jpg
    375.2 KB · Views: 2,198
Some details from my sub 200T game.

Firstly I had three incoming RAs in last turns but I didn't know if it will be enough and waited for last natural born scientist four turns with prebuild Hubble (it turned out unnecessary) and without it I easy could finished at 195T. (I was a little bit too cautious)

The key to winning was milking abounding in gold friendly AIs :)

I had four waves of loans from AIs (approx. 90,120,150,180) from which I bought science buildings and RAs, and spaceships parts from last one.

I chose Freedom what with friendly AIs is definitely good choice (also it 'free' your
production in last turns so you can build science , international games. etc.)

I built only four cities, before, seeing how easy five city exceeds 5% penalty I thought it is good to build it, however it also makes problems with happiness, national wonders etc, so now I'm not sure what is really better.

Some dates:
49 T religion (thanks to desert folklore)
54 2 cities NC
82 education
130 scientific theory
134 radio (Oxford, freedom)
157 plastic

Social policies: full tradition, , rationalism, commerce to mercantilism, freedom

Even though the goal of this thread has been achieved there is still much room for improvement (eg. if I better gather religion I could easy got 3GS and 1GE instead of 2GS and 1GE) and sub 190T is very possible.

OK now I can rest in peace ;) (means play some GOTMs, etc, maybe try Beyond Earth but possible imbalance on release scares me)

Interesting, 4 cities :) Did you have enough gold for loans? I guess you were running all/most caravans for food?

Do you think Babylon is still better for this goal than Poland, Inca (well, sub 200 can be achieved with them too :)), Maya?

Interesting, 4 cities :) Did you have enough gold for loans? I guess you were running all/most caravans for food?

Do you think Babylon is still better for this goal than Poland, Inca (well, sub 200 can be achieved with them too :)), Maya?

All my cities had one or two silver resources and I prioritized after food and science gold buildings.

Yes, all game all my trade routes were food (started from 3 to capital)

The most important factor in sub 200T victory is land, with good land all top tier civs are capable to do it.

Attachments

• AutoSave_Initial_0000 BC-4000.Civ5Save
    443.4 KB · Views: 218
iron;

i played the map very quickly. my biggest issue was that there was no happiness to be found anywhere. how did you solve this problem. i ound villinus late and tyre was hostile, so i wasnt able to take advantage of them. i founded nc on 52, but after being unable to find happiness, my progress stalled.

also, any recollection of what your initial tech order was? i'm assuming pottery, writing, head to philosophy after worker techs. Did you then go straight to education? thanks in advance

iron;

i played the map very quickly. my biggest issue was that there was no happiness to be found anywhere. how did you solve this problem. i ound villinus late and tyre was hostile, so i wasnt able to take advantage of them. i founded nc on 52, but after being unable to find happiness, my progress stalled.

Yes, I had two different lux for 4 cities!
Although I'm not sure if I built even one colloseum.
Silver was in big quantity, so I just trade (3 scout openning and checking diplomacy screen every turn was helpfull for that :)).
Also my third city was built near +3 happiness NW.

also, any recollection of what your initial tech order was? i'm assuming pottery, writing, head to philosophy after worker techs. Did you then go straight to education? thanks in advance

Yes it was as you wrote, before education I made only detour to sailing (trade route) and bronze working (iron)

Yes, I had two different lux for 4 cities!
Although I'm not sure if I built even one colloseum.
Silver was in big quantity, so I just trade (3 scout openning and checking diplomacy screen every turn was helpfull for that :)).
Also my third city was built near +3 happiness NW.

I think it's the main issue for low level. Prince to Emperor, it's hard to manage a sub T200 or near because I always go into unhappiness wall.
It's hard to have a map with 4/5 montains cities and 4/5 different luxs. And AI are not helpful for happiness. I always need to go by construction for coliseums.

In irons particular map, there were no happiness trades available for me fwiw

Top Bottom