Civilization Evolutions

Prometheus_tss

Chieftain
§Hi

My sugestion for Civ VI ....

1 Include all what was included in all 3 main expansions for Civ V .
I was disapointed by Civ V but now after playing with all the DLCs its a new game and like I always wanted it to be .

2 Include some of the mods done for Civ V wich are very good , from the historical religion improvement, the advanced menu for customizating games, to the better scripts for generating land like tectonics, the city limits, the Castle that adds new land to the borders , the old diplomatic options of civ 4 reintroduced like eschange maps, technologies etc .

So here are my own Ideas / sugestions :

1 Towns / outposts
Some minor towns that can be built and be semidependant from other more distant city , those can allow the borders to expand, some resources that are out of the border be utilized and without the need to have to build a whole city there .

2 Concessions / acquisitions
You can buy from foreign nations some Tiles of land for a limited time ( think hong Kong ) or for a permanent time or conquer it by placing a military presence continuously for a certain amount of turn and negotiate the peace redrawing the borders.

3 The main one Civilization Evolution
I think its about time to drop the strange Idea of having America start in stone age etc ... I think that Civilization in future shoudl allow Civilizations to evolve and split , giving offsprings of new civilizations and so on .

So that there wouln't be an American Civilization untill there will be asplit offspring from United Kingdom , and therew wouldn't be an United Kingdom unless there was a merge of celts , germans and roman settled land ... and so on ... So with multiple options and some wise planning the players coudl start with a set of ancient civilizations and have them evolve into one or have it get extinguished in some heirs of it , Rename over time , evolve the language and cultures etc ...

A civilization like Rome coudl last till 2020 AD or have it been Split along the road into several other nations either by split or by rebellion or by cultural merging etc ...

for example of cultural merging in a particular region , Celts + romans + germans = France or England
Germans + romans = germany
germans pure = scandinavian , split into several kingdoms eventually for rebellions or divisions etc ...

etc ...

Anyway do have all those sugestions in this forum have a meaning ? Do the developers actually read them ? Or its just useless brainstorming?

In Civ 4 you can spawn colony civs - not sure if that's what you meant. It's an underused mechanic because the cost to the mother nation usually far exceeds the benefit. It's certainly an idea to make it a more important concept in a new game though, or even if you could spawn city states too...

Anyway do have all those sugestions in this forum have a meaning ? Do the developers actually read them ? Or its just useless brainstorming?

They have meaning because we give them meaning :lol: Seriously these threads get only a couple of hundred views each and half those are probably search engine crawler bots. But looking on the positive side I would guess most people posting or reading this subforum are potential future game developers, so if nothing else take the view that even if the next Civ doesn't contain our ideas, another game one day probably will :goodjob:

§Hi

My sugestion for Civ VI ....

1 Include all what was included in all 3 main expansions for Civ V .
I was disapointed by Civ V but now after playing with all the DLCs its a new game and like I always wanted it to be .

2 Include some of the mods done for Civ V wich are very good , from the historical religion improvement, the advanced menu for customizating games, to the better scripts for generating land like tectonics, the city limits, the Castle that adds new land to the borders , the old diplomatic options of civ 4 reintroduced like eschange maps, technologies etc .
they'll definitely be using the same type of release for the next game. they might have it a bit more polished because of all of the complaining about 5, but they definitely won't start with a full game right off the at. that's not how these things work anymore.

So here are my own Ideas / sugestions :

1 Towns / outposts
Some minor towns that can be built and be semidependant from other more distant city , those can allow the borders to expand, some resources that are out of the border be utilized and without the need to have to build a whole city there .
as was said, this has been done. i liked it, but people complained about it. maybe they can do it better, though.
2 Concessions / acquisitions
You can buy from foreign nations some Tiles of land for a limited time ( think hong Kong ) or for a permanent time or conquer it by placing a military presence continuously for a certain amount of turn and negotiate the peace redrawing the borders.
i don't know about for a limited time, but buying tiles would be interesting. civ 4 had mods where you could get tiles without having to completely conquer a city, but still required force.
3 The main one Civilization Evolution
I think its about time to drop the strange Idea of having America start in stone age etc ... I think that Civilization in future shoudl allow Civilizations to evolve and split , giving offsprings of new civilizations and so on .

So that there wouln't be an American Civilization untill there will be asplit offspring from United Kingdom , and therew wouldn't be an United Kingdom unless there was a merge of celts , germans and roman settled land ... and so on ... So with multiple options and some wise planning the players coudl start with a set of ancient civilizations and have them evolve into one or have it get extinguished in some heirs of it , Rename over time , evolve the language and cultures etc ...

A civilization like Rome coudl last till 2020 AD or have it been Split along the road into several other nations either by split or by rebellion or by cultural merging etc ...

for example of cultural merging in a particular region , Celts + romans + germans = France or England
Germans + romans = germany
germans pure = scandinavian , split into several kingdoms eventually for rebellions or divisions etc ...

etc ...
this is good for a mod, but not for the main game. was also a civ4 mod.
well, someone might skim some of the threads because we know a representative of the company does post in some of the other forums, but it's more just a creative outlet than anything else. sometimes somebody will mod something.
but, all of the ideas you gave have been suggested many times before, so at least know that you're not the only person who's had these ideas, so maybe some of them will make it just because so many people want them in some form.

Really , the town / outpost thing was cool but I think it doesn't need to be an active civilized growing city , its population coudl be sticking at 1 and not grow or eventually distinguish between keep/fort/outpost guarding a resource or expanding securing a larger border and a proper town . the first could eveolve eventually in the second and the second in future if decided to be allowed to evolve into a city . But I think a system to enlarge borders, and secure frontiers with outposts woudl be very good , especially to secure outer resources without having to care to make a whole city from ground up and having to build all the stuff all time.

As for Evolutive civilizations .
I think its a wrong concept that keeps going on and on with each civilization .

America civilizations didn't exhist and actually doesn't exhist even because its called Usa , anyway it shoudl be just a spin off of Britain or larger civilizations ...

so in my opinion only ancient civilizations shoudl be allowed to start and then let the cultures and achievements eventually migrate into offsprings ( that during the gameplay you could eventually pick control of ) or a continuous one ...

For example If Egypt could survive the invasions , did nt bend to rome , did not turn into a Muslim country etc it could have made up to modern age , but it didn't , it instead turned ionto somethingelse and evolved into a new civilization .

this shoudl be represented in the game .

but as someone pointed out in another thread if britain is always going to spawn a usa at a certain point in the game then its not a game its a poor quality video where you dont have any effect on it. why bother trying to colonise the american continent as england? its only going to appear as a british colony with no intervention anyway and they you are going to lose it anyway and cant do anything about it. i prefer to play a game where i can affect the outcome. thats what civ is. its a gigantic 'what if?'
what if rome never fell? what if alexander never died and his empire survived? what if america had lost to the native people? or never existed? what if the aztecs had wiped out the spanish and then gone to spain, and conquered them? what if the continents were shaped different? would england still become a world power if it was landlocked?

or what if the civs in lord of the rings had existed? how would they have done? thats what i have in my current game lol. i am glad someone modded them.

As for Evolutive civilizations .
I think its a wrong concept that keeps going on and on with each civilization .

America civilizations didn't exhist and actually doesn't exhist even because its called Usa , anyway it shoudl be just a spin off of Britain or larger civilizations ...

so in my opinion only ancient civilizations shoudl be allowed to start and then let the cultures and achievements eventually migrate into offsprings ( that during the gameplay you could eventually pick control of ) or a continuous one ...

For example If Egypt could survive the invasions , did nt bend to rome , did not turn into a Muslim country etc it could have made up to modern age , but it didn't , it instead turned ionto somethingelse and evolved into a new civilization .

this shoudl be represented in the game .

yeah, and like i said, that makes sense for a mod (or even an official scenario) and there's even a mod for civ 4 that does exactly that (and there was talk of one for civ 5, but it never happened). it's a very fun mod, but it would be a terrible idea for the base game to do that.

yeah, and like i said, that makes sense for a mod (or even an official scenario) and there's even a mod for civ 4 that does exactly that (and there was talk of one for civ 5, but it never happened). it's a very fun mod, but it would be a terrible idea for the base game to do that.
I do not see it as a mod , a mod its an alteration . It shoudl be the basic game as such .
Its not a terrible Idea and its a more historically correct one .
I am tired honestly , and I read a lot of other people are as well on several forums , to see America in the stone age and treat with Washington dressed in 1700 clothes when he still have to discover the wheel !
Honestly its Terrible that yet it was not fixed !

It's a feature that America is in the game as it is, not a bug.
And, while I obviously liked the mod I keep referencing, one problem was that if you wanted to play anything other than one of a handful of civs, you had to wait to play. The base game shouldn't have that.

It's a feature that America is in the game as it is, not a bug.

The senseless sentence of those who are short on arguments. :)

And, while I obviously liked the mod I keep referencing, one problem was that if you wanted to play anything other than one of a handful of civs, you had to wait to play. The base game shouldn't have that.

Wait is for more pleasure.

Those who can't can just start in the suited era.

The senseless sentence of those who are short on arguments. :)
Considering that all he said to my argument was that he disagrees, there really isn't much else to say. The base game is about having whatever civs you want playing against each other, when you want them to. Mods are about making changes.

Wait is for more pleasure

Those who can't can just start in the suited era.

You can start in the suited era in the base game, too, so that's kind of a wash.

Mods are about making changes.

:facepalm:

We could very well imagine a Civ where you can't play America if you start at 4000 BC. If you want so damnly play them, just wait for the modern era (waiting time makes things sweater) or start in modern era.

You can start in the suited era in the base game, too, so that's kind of a wash.

And ? I know you can start in modern in every Civ, that does not take back the fact that you could still do it. It would even have a strenghten purpose.

...you can already choose to not have america in your game. seriously, just don't pick them as one of your opponents. you can do the same thing with any civilization. if i don't want france in my game, i just don't have them in it.
i mean, i want a mod that can do what you seem to want, but i feel that it should be done with a mod and that the base game should allow you to play as anybody anytime.

there's plenty of room for innovation, but you can do that without changing the spirit of the game, which should be the place of mods.

I don't think the OP suggestion changes the spirit of the game. The spirit of the game is ruling civilizations. No mater if some of them don't start in 4000 BC.

I personnally think that civs should evolve greatly throughout time, and the OP suggestion would only be the tip of the iceberg.

Top Bottom