SANCTA Embassy & Intelligence

Do they know we have horses (i.e. do they have sailing)?
If yes, they might pop up with some spearmen and that would sucks big time).
If no, we might gamble over a chariot based army.

I have a bad feeling about a war now :sad: . We must have a plan to give us a decent defence within a time horizon defined by the time lag of them reaching our territory (I wouldn't stand that our glorious team disappear so early! :mad: ).

who said we are going to war? They are too far anyway.

Do they know we have horses (i.e. do they have sailing)?
If yes, they might pop up with some spearmen and that would sucks big time).
If no, we might gamble over a chariot based army.

I have a bad feeling about a war now :sad: . We must have a plan to give us a decent defence within a time horizon defined by the time lag of them reaching our territory (I wouldn't stand that our glorious team disappear so early! :mad: ).

SANCTA have no idea what direction we've come from and they don't know we have horses, whereas we do know they have copper and that they have at least one Axeman.

We aren't planning on warring them now, we just took the 'way of twilight' to pass through their lands. I don't see what they gain by keeping us at war at this stage...

I don't see what they gain by keeping us at war at this stage...

That's what is bogging me. They might be planning for an early war. They might know where we are because they asked Cav about no? How much can we REALLY trust Cav?

That's what is bogging me. They might be planning for an early war. They might know where we are because they asked Cav about no? How much can we REALLY trust Cav?

If they were planning for an early war what would they gain by giving us advanced warning of the fact? And they haven't had contact with Cav yet but will do in 5 turns.

Well SANCTA is aware of our alliance with CAV based on the score increases from tech trading. So they are sending a message and want us to sweat the fact that they didnt accept the cease fire offer. We shouldn't let this worry us too much. One thing that needs to be considered though is the war weariness equation. I don't think they will suffer any weariness as the "defender"... what about us?

we only get weariness if we are in their territory and losing units. you can cause war weariness just by being at war with someone IIRC.

I agree, it's probably them just trying to send us a message. "we know what's going on"

Some sort of posturing or challenge acceptance...

It might be that they have another coastal city that we can't see yet, and they know we will have to cross the border again to go through it. They don't want to give the city location away, but they also don't want to go through the whole "Way of Daylight/Nightlight" thing again.

It may have been very very difficult to get the team to agree to let us pass in the first place. Many may have assumed we would choose Daylight. They might think it would be hard to get another phoney war approved.

OR...

They might just be debating whether to accept the cease fire, and they don't want to hold the turn up, since it has no big in-game effect anyway.

Or...

They might have an advance scout on the way to our border, and they want to stay in a state of phoney war so that they can explore our territory.

They might just be debating whether to accept the cease fire, and they don't want to hold the turn up, since it has no big in-game effect anyway.

Or...

They might have an advance scout on the way to our border, and they want to stay in a state of phoney war so that they can explore our territory.

They don't know where are borders are and they do take their turns very quickly, so it's probably the former rather than the later of these two options

I received a pm with this reply from SANCTA:

General_W said:
Namaste Donsig.
The Ninjas salute the great people of Kazakhstan and apologize for our long delay in responding.

This Yodah sounds wise, but also hungry. Thank you for letting us know your decision to walk the paths of Twilight. May you find calm seas, clear skies, and bright stars to steer by.

With the way of Twilight being but the prelude to the dawn – we would like to cast our eyes towards the east, and the hope of a sunrise of friendship with your great nation.

We’d like to suggest an idea for trading knowledge.

The Ninja’s Offer:
Iron Working
Total = 299 :science:

Kazakhstan offers:
Sailing (149)
Masonry (119)
Total = 268 :science:

What do you think?

Oh – and the Mighty Shogun would ask a small favor of you. He wonders much if you have passed any seafood when your brave exploring boat passed that stretch of desert immediately East of where you first caught sight of our borders? The Shogun would take it as a great personal favor if you would let us know. You have our thanks in advance.

General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA.

A parable for friend Yodah
By Ninja wiseman, Pat VanderMorita

“When the grasshopper is hungry
it eats.
When the philosopher is hungry
he wonders why.”

Nice parable. :lol: I think it's all right to tell them if we saw any clams. Did we? :dunno: What else do we want to say to them? They proposed a specific trade.

This offer is a . .. .. .. .. .. .. .. . offering. They know we havent got sailing and masonry, and they dont have iron working, so this is just a coded way to say "bugger off, we know what you are up to with your deception, and we can deceive to".

A deception dismantled in one post. How can they be first in points!?

They already know about the fish to the east of their capital. They are just seeing if we will tell them about it or not.

We should just keep the charade going and kindly tell them about the fishies. We are looking to be best of friends with them right? lol How bout we ask them what turn they plan to get Iron Working on? ;)

We can tell them there aren't any seafood resources nearby, no harm in that.

We can reply asking them when they think we could do such a trade and also ask them if they are interested in writing and polytheism instead. We cannot give them techs we do not have now (they are maybe tring to work out if we are teching masonry and sailing).

Why ask them if they are interested in writing since we will not give them writing anyway?

They took many days to reply...lets take many days as well...say nothing...and then we see..

Why ask them if they are interested in writing since we will not give them writing anyway?

They took many days to reply...lets take many days as well...say nothing...and then we see..
I agree... lets take our time responding.

We can also counter-offer to trade them writing for Sailing. That will give us a hint about whether they are willing to tech sailing without giving away all our teching plans.

We are doing well so far... if they are still wanting to trade.

could we get a peak at the other demographics, production would be most interesting as then we would know if it was Sancta who had the very high mfg levels until that last turn.

The arrival of large numbers of barbs will be much worse for Sancta. We have a great little bottle neck which is easy to defend - it looks like they have a lot more exposure.

I'll take more screenshots of SANCTA's demographics on our coming turn. Their Mfg is very high, Cav think they are producing Colossus.

We should also get a reply ready to their proposal as we'll have IW next turn.

Any luck on saving the game? We could then go back at our leisure and mine all the demographics we want.

Top Bottom