Install problems

Agent327

Observer
There seem to be rather a lot of install problems lately, so it seemed appropriate to have a specific thread on it.

First off, my favourite quote:

Almost ALL interface issues are caused by improper installation in some way or another.

That said, the first thing to do if a mod does not load as should is to check if indeed it is installed properly. In this case:

- is MOO2Civ [patch X] in the Firaxis Games\Civ4\BtS\Mods folder (or the corresponding folder if you have custom installed installed the game - I do not recommend installing MOO2Civ in My Documents)

- does the ...\Mods\MOO2Civ [patch X] folder contain all the downloaded files (Art, Assets, etc. - you can easily check this by comparing the size of the folder with the indicated unzipped mod size, which is currently roughly 100+ MB).

If the answer to both questions is Yes, then you may have a bug/error to report - so please do so!

BTW, here's a solution if you can install, but star systems don't show any planets:

So, your problem is that when you start a game, the solar system with your capital in it has no planets.

Do you have anything installed in your CustomAssets directory, like BUG, by any chance? If you do, you'll have to edit the Final Frontier.ini file so that:

Code:
; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0
is set to 1.

As some of you may have noticed I have a personal install rpoblem... hopefullt this weekend I shall be able to do a complete uninstall/reinstall.

Meanwhile, Merry Christmas to y'all!

:xmassign:

The last time I installed MOO2Civ (patch 4l), it installed to Program Files\Firaxis Games\Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods.

Unfortunately, the correct installation path, at least for me, is Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization IV\Beyond the Sword\Mods, and I didn't notice this until after it installed. I'm pretty sure that this is the standard install path, since I never mess around with the install path, and instead I let it install to wherever it says it's going to install to. I could be wrong, though...

No, that's correct: I only noticed it myself after trying the auto-installer to install patch 4l. I've been trying to correct this twice, but a faulty install path keeps popping up - very annoying. The StrategyInformer download location now has no auto-installer, to circumvent this.

no i think something else is :):):):)ed up... I think the file from the primary source is damaged because i can install, open, even visit the civclopedia BUT when i start a real game, everything goes til the pont when it says "initilize Graphics" and then it crashes.... I think there is a problem with the L-patch and the k-Patch, at least those were the ones i tried...

Yes, I'm afraid I'm now having the same problem after reinstalling Civ4/Warlords/BtS... For now I suggest trying Patch 4i+j. (That's the only one I've gotten to work so far.) I'll look into it ASAP.

no i think something else is :):):):)ed up... I think the file from the primary source is damaged because i can install, open, even visit the civclopedia BUT when i start a real game, everything goes til the pont when it says "initilize Graphics" and then it crashes.... I think there is a problem with the L-patch and the k-Patch, at least those were the ones i tried...

I have the exact same problem... Enter the game, but it freezes when i create a new game. Happens on versions "k" and "L"

@lerinor: exactly, either way i am to stupid for installing it in the right path or sth is wrong with the install versions... the only thing i have installed bseides moo2civ is fall from haven

okay don't take it th wrong way but i am sick of installing it and it doesn't work and i'll no longer try it...

I won't take it the wrong way, but, as said, I'm working on a stable version. In the meantime I can only suggest using an earlier version if people have trouble with the latest patches. Anyway, thanks for reporting these issues.

Top Bottom