Speed up your Civ V games with LUAJIT dll

Seconded. I only go into normal view for screenshots these days.

Heh. You could go and play Freeciv really.

I mean, Civ 5 is maily interesting because it 'looks' nice. It's a pretty simplistic strategy game, overall.

Wanted to state my findings with this.
My friend is playing on a beast intel computer, i7-2700K i think, and not sure of the GFX but its top end.
I have a AMD 8150 at 5.5Ghz on 4cores 8threads and a ATI 6970.

We have played 4 games with the default DLL, and have slow towns in late game time. Nothing too long, like 10secs? then slow for another 10secs while we are trying to do our moves.

Using this DLL, as we got into the later part of the game, there isn't as much units and things going on, so hard to really say. I think there is a small improvment. I am really too lazy to do any loads and saves and get an exact number. But it does feel like it is helping a tiny bit. But nothing to write home about.

I guess if you got a lower end machine, then this DLL switchup may help you a ton!

I'll just add my two cents. This radically sped up the a.i. turns on my system. I'm using a lot of mods on a huge map with lots of civs and city states. However, I had some problems with ui glitches after using this. Is this because this isn't up to date with changes in the default lua dll? The other issue might be corruption in compiled scripts. Which leads to my last question. Where are the compiled scripts cached? Are they stored in volatile ram, or are they stored in the tmp folder, or somewhere else?

I'd give this jit compiler 5/5 if it weren't for the ui glitches.

i'm currently in a game with 12 civs and 20 city states and it takes 2 minutes in between turns. i tried this file from this thread and i don't see any speed ups. it's still taken 2 minutes.

i'm currently in a game with 12 civs and 20 city states and it takes 2 minutes in between turns. i tried this file from this thread and i don't see any speed ups. it's still taken 2 minutes.
If you read through the entirety of that thread, you'd realize that this will only offer a drastic improvement under limited situations.

Otherwise, to even get any benefit from it, you'll need to play a bunch of turns before you'll notice anything.

Top Bottom