What difficulty do you prefer to play on?

Chris3894

Warlord
I was wondering what most of the people in these forums play on. I have played exclusively on Prince ever since I got the game and have never really found a reason to go higher than that as I am not that good and can still lose on Prince.

If you on Steam and look at % that people have completed x difficulty, that's actually fairly representative. However there's a couple dozen on these forums that post often that are Deity. Which makes this forum feel like it's Deity but actually a lot of the lurkers are lower level. I think I'm about Emporer.

I'm somewhere between Emperor and Immortal most of the time. A standard game with normal victory conditions I'll play immortal, if I'm restricting myself to a certain kind of play style of victory I'll play on Emperor.

I mostly play Immortal, though a couple months ago, I was mostly playing Emperor. I have beaten Deity a few times, but I prefer to play on Immortal.

I can pretty much always win on emperor, play immortal for a challenge & mostly fail, but I mainly play Prince for the fun of it. I'm more of a roleplayer.

Immortal only. I don't like various exploits like worker stealing, and I like winning without having to do so. Immortal is a good level. If they could improve AI combat and gold purchasing, it'd be a more significant challenge, but it's a good level.

I am Immortal, I have inside me blood of Kings ...

I play Emperor. It's challenging for me.

You may laugh now.

Deity. But I think Steam says I have over 1000 hours on Civ 5 and likely a similar number on Civ 4.

Emperor. I play the game for fun, don't like extensive micromanagement and like to try stupid things instead of playing strictly efficient. :)

King is the level I'm most comfortable at. I won on Emperor a couple times, and even had a good game going as Babylon on Immortal once, but never played that one out.
I don't like to suffer in my games, so keep it at King. :p

Well, i mostly play on Deity because of the challenge. It ain't all about winning for me. I still enjoy games that i lose on Deity or even when i play until a point that i see i don't have a chance and then quit. I have to say that the step from Immortal to Deity feels quite big for me.. In Immortal i reached to a point that my win percentage was like 80%.

So i enjoy the Deity challenge where the percentage goes significantly lower. I really dislike tho having to do CERTAIN things on Deity in order to catch up and miss some others (like you don't have a chance getting some early world wonders because of the huge technology gap).

I still wish that some day, civ developers manage to make the AI "smarter" instead of creating 8 levels of "difficulty" where the main difference is the starting advantages AI have.

Mostly deity. I've spent around 700 hours on Civ V.

I usually go Emperor but sometimes have a go against Immortal. Though tbh it generally feels like I'm jumping through hoops to grind down a stupid AI with very, very deep pockets. I've got a legit China win waiting to happen when I can be bothered to spend ten turns redeploying a giant logjammed army to grab the last capital (from a tundra start, no less).

With Civ 4 it was warlord, with Civ 5 it`s King. One notch higher.

I've stayed at Prince level. I started off at warlord, but that was way too easy. And I'm not comfortable at King.

Top Bottom