Would you settle a city site with no luxuries in this example?

Well, I guess you could settle a city in between the 12-13 tiles so that you can keep the trade route and prevent other civilizations from blocking your road to the natural wonder.

I'd really want a screenshot; hard to estimate the value of land without seeing it. One factor I haven't seen discussed so far is the potential for strategic resources to be in that area. Not sure if you can see Iron or Horses yet, but it could always end up containing Aluminum, or Oil, or Coal, etc.

Another option is to try and close the area off a bit with Great Generals, but this isn't practical if you're not already warmongering.

Let me highjack the thread, as it has same thing in common :) Awesome spot with no luxes.

Thats deity, inca, highlands. A lot of free land. Full tradition + patronage & consulates.
You have Atilla in the South/East.

4 good cities, education coming soon.
Thats the full picture:

Spoiler :

Now, north of Brussels, there is a spot with hill, big juicy river, 2 horses and weath + mountains for terrace farms. Sadly - no lux.

Spoiler :

And also, we have decent land to the west with 3 silvers , 3 sheep, small river, wheat and deer.:
Spoiler :

What would you do? In my opinion, leaving the southern spot is an invitation for trouble, but on the other hand, growth there might come out of control ...

Silver site, has nearly as much food, only thing you sacrifice are the horses, and its in a better defensive position since the huns are nearby.

Given the mass of CS by you, the extra income will also be very good once you get mint/market up. Perfect for getting CS to protect you to be honest.

Silver site, has nearly as much food, only thing you sacrifice are the horses, and its in a better defensive position since the huns are nearby.

Given the mass of CS by you, the extra income will also be very good once you get mint/market up. Perfect for getting CS to protect you to be honest.

silver site has way less food, as the river is small and you don't have weath (and there's 3 weath there, mostly rivered).

Both sites are awesome, and I would get both, but I am not sure how would all that work with the happiness, as all cities will become really massive ... I sold the last silver I had and Circus Maximus will be ready soon, but thats only 9. I can probably get some shrines to get the Pagoda's from the Hinduism, but thats about it basicly, untill we can make zoos. With Austria in the games, I doubt I can get Forbidden Palace (I paid Atilla to go for em, as I saw army next to our borders, so I was not sure who was going he after (probably me).

Btw - highland map is not round, so the silver site is practicly the end of the map. Noone can come from this direction, unless India decides to come from the south. They are probably gonna send a settler this way at some point for sure tho.

Top Bottom