Why is my city stagnating?

oPunchDrunko

Prince
I have more than enough food but my capital is stuck 6 population. This is pretty early in the game however. I'm just about to reach Classical.

Anybody know why this is happening? Should I just wait it out to see if it stops stagnating?

I'm guessing you don't have enough happiness from the information you gave. Grab more luxuries or policies that boost ur happiness.

I'm guessing you don't have enough happiness from the information you gave. Grab more luxuries or policies that boost ur happiness.

Happiness isn't a problem at all at the moment, I have 12 happiness. If it helps, I'm on turn 250 because I modded the research times to make the game longer, and I'm playing on marathon construction speed.

If you want to grow faster than your current rate then you need to have more food surplus. The more extra food you have, the faster you will grow. Work more food tiles to grow faster.

if you have positive food, check your city screen on the right side, there is a check box that says avoid growth, make sure you did not check that by mistake.

I don't have avoid growth on. Like I said before, I have more than enough food. I have 6 citizens, which will add up to 12 food consumption. Well, If I work every tile in my capital I will end up with 19 food. It still won't grow.

I don't have avoid growth on. Like I said before, I have more than enough food. I have 6 citizens, which will add up to 12 food consumption. Well, If I work every tile in my capital I will end up with 19 food. It still won't grow.

Well you are on marathon where everything is going to take absolutely forever including growing. It sounds like you will have 7 surplus food if you work all your food tiles. I'm assuming that on marathon you need a massive amount of food stock piled to grow so that 7 food is going to take quite a few turns to pile up and cause a growth.

Maybe it's the mod?

But I know, personally, that I quit a few games early on because I was stagnating or starving. I've had games where my city was starving and it was only on turn 10.

If you have lots of food for growth, and you are stagnating, it is likely due to you building a settler. Settler building stops growth.

Well you are on marathon where everything is going to take absolutely forever including growing. It sounds like you will have 7 surplus food if you work all your food tiles. I'm assuming that on marathon you need a massive amount of food stock piled to grow so that 7 food is going to take quite a few turns to pile up and cause a growth.

This might be why, but I don't really know. I guess I'll keep going on with the game to see if it corrects itself.

If you have lots of food for growth, and you are stagnating, it is likely due to you building a settler. Settler building stops growth.

Son of a ! That must have been the reason why it wasn't growing. I can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks man.

Top Bottom