Difference between immortal and emperor?

I just made the jump and I don't see that much of a difference. Late game is way more fun though.

The biggest AI difference is the AI starts with a starting worker and yet another worker tech on Immortal.

This basically means that Great Library which was already difficult to build in Emperor is almost impossible to build at Immortal.

In addition, there are a host of other early world wonders that aren't worth attempting to build at all on Immortal unless this is an OCC or you are playing Venice.

In fact pretty much the Immortal and world wonders guideline for any of them prior to Rean era is unless you both beelined for the tech and started construction soon after getting the tech you will get beat out if you attempt.

Finally, the base AI handicaps on Immortal is high enough for those AIs with the right flavors to give you a run for your money if you as the human aren't playing one of the top tier civs.

If you are really good with emperor, you should not have much problem. Just remember don't go for the early wonder that ai prioritize, like joncnunn said.
Also, you might want to consider get earlier caravan to ai to get science, but it's not that much on immortal this is more helpful on deity.
The difference really isn't much. At least, I felt more comfortable when I move from emperor to immortal than move from immortal to deity.

At least, I felt more comfortable when I move from emperor to immortal than move from immortal to deity.

That's because Immortal to Deity is an even bigger leap than Emperor to Immortal.
On Deity AI also starts with an extra settler and Archery. Don't even think about trying to build Temple of Artemis on Deity, its sometimes built even before GL.

AI Growth bonus even bigger, and the happiness bonus on Deity is effectively makes unhappiness non existent to the AI.

Yes, early caravan or cargo ship with major AI is must on Deity.

The AI improves its tiles on immortal

Well, that's because the ai has more workers which gives the ai a better advantage.

The AI improves its tiles on immortal

Which means that as soon as your scout runs into an enemy capital you should look around to see where the defenders are, and if they are not in striking distance and not blocking your escape, steal the worker and pillage a tile. If your scout gets out of there a live it gives you a leg up and the civilization you disadvantaged will likely get nailed later by one of the more advanced AI's -- even more so if you can manage to steal a settler, the other AI's will dogpile on the runt 50-100 turns later.

You can steal a lot more from Immortal ais than emperor ais because Immortal ais have a lot more.

Top Bottom