Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh...thanks :o

All I can do now is sell you some more to make you get worse. In two weeks (when the X-pack is out) you will be totally drugged! :D

Apart from the jokes, my true dream is being chosen to be the official Firaxis' cocaine seller.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=105650

I have all the prerequisites for the scenario designer job, but I don't want to leave my girlfriend, Italy and all my life to transfer to Baltimora.
I wish I could convince Firaxis to accept a mix of cyber job and normal job. Like one week there, 3 weeks at home, or one month here, one month there. A thing like that.

Hello...

what reasons would the game be running sooo slowly for me?

actually its totally stacked :p

i was playing as monarch? the level you reccomended in the readme.

I think Spain is quite underpowered still. Portugal always gets the Iberian huts because they have a scout, and so Spain is always the smaller power in a very confined space. In a current game as Austria, they're still in the ancient age and we're approaching industrial.

slozenger said:
actually its totally stacked :p

i was playing as monarch? the level you reccomended in the readme.

->What computer have you got?
->how many seconds/minutes have you got to wait between the turns?
->It is slow compared to what? Have you ever tried playing other mods based on a world map?

Jaguar said:
I think Spain is quite underpowered still. Portugal always gets the Iberian huts because they have a scout, and so Spain is always the smaller power in a very confined space. In a current game as Austria, they're still in the ancient age and we're approaching industrial.

Thanks. This is the info I need, together with timeline, wonders, units and gold issues.

Now I'm fixing the last flavour unit animations.
I'll collect soon all the info you all posted and update the biq for the final beta.

I have a question:
what do you think of the English UU?
As it is now, it is more historically correct, but has some problems with upgrades.
Upgrading it to a transport loses its attack and bombard strength, while upgrading to a destroyer loses its transport ability. Between these 2 ways, I think that upgrading to a tranport means a smaller penalty to the player and to AI-controlled England (that may remain without tranports, in the latter case).
Switching back to replacing the frigate is still a possibility, but inaccurate.
Another possibility is removing it from any chain.

Rhye said:
I have a question:
what do you think of the English UU?
As it is now, it is more historically correct, but has some problems with upgrades.
Upgrading it to a transport loses its attack and bombard strength, while upgrading to a destroyer loses its transport ability. Between these 2 ways, I think that upgrading to a tranport means a smaller penalty to the player and to AI-controlled England (that may remain without tranports, in the latter case).
Switching back to replacing the frigate is still a possibility, but inaccurate.
Another possibility is removing it from any chain.
I would prefer the AI (as England) had a large Navy with many offensive ships. The Man-o-War is cheap to build and the AI does build them. So, IMHO it would be far better if they upgraded to Early Destroyers or Destroyers, than simple Transports. Maybe you can give the destroyer a transport capacity of one, which has been talked about before. That way it doesn't lose out on the Man-o-Wars function as a transport. The AI only ever seems to transport one unit per Transport anyway.

Hey, maybe make two copies of the Man-O-War, both buildable by England, same stats, only one is in the transport line and one in the destroyer line? That would solve your problem, with England upgrading her navy from a fighting-transporting homogenous navy to a navy made up of two different types of units, one for transport and one for combat.

Beta will be released in few days, but here's an anticipation:

all the new unit animations (except the UUs, already shown in the readme), together in a picture

Don't ask me the didascalia!!

Attachments

• newUnits_800_40.jpg
    newUnits_800_40.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 119
Rhye said:
->What computer have you got?
->how many seconds/minutes have you got to wait between the turns?
->It is slow compared to what? Have you ever tried playing other mods based on a world map?

Well currently its on my laptop (bad start i know) but its

P4 3.4ht
448MB RAM
ATI mobile 9100 IGP
60GB harddrive

but ive never ever experienced any kind of waiting until very late into the game.. now im getting it after only a few turns in.

Its probably only 5/10 second wait but it just narks me off because i am not used to it...

am i just being overly picky and all big world mods like this take time?

if so... any chance of cutting the map up? eg, america/africa/oceana/eastern euro/western euro ....

because i love all your rule settings and the acuracy of the map.. ubt dont know how to reduce the size of the map just to specific continents etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom