Urdnot Scott's Civilisations

Thanks! Though is this in order? I'm surprised to see big cities like Malaga or Marbella towards the bottom of the list.

Nope, not in order, sorry. I always run a random city name order mod so I forget to prioritize for city lists.

Nope, not in order, sorry. I always run a random city name order mod so I forget to prioritize for city lists.

Thats cool, I can work it out. I'm probably going to have to go through it and convert them into Arabic transliterations anyway to avoid clashing with Spain or other mods, so I can just order them when I do that.

Well when reffering coding wise to wheter or not your civ is possible code wise regardless to delve within technicalities it is, although you will probably have to be delving into lua much more than xml, however with some basic falvors and littles nods here and there (such as <UniquePromotions> may not be exactly written like that but very similar, also maybe some <Trait_ImprovementYield> for Buildings as well? I know Lenins UA yields tourism from Improvement-like buildings) your civ is fully possible if you want I can delve much more but I think thats Tarscios job :p

(BTW, Lenin's UA is tourism from buildings, and according to EUI its imply replaces them with the same buildings that have no requirements whatsoever and yield 2 tourism.)

Here's the preliminary design I had worked out:

Nizari Ismaili
Rashid ad-Din Sinan
The Refuge. Spies can steal cities from civilizations that have denounced you. Cites not connected to your capital receive +15% to their Strength and yields.
Alamut
Unique Unit: Fidai. Replaces Knight. Cost: x. Combat: x. Movement: 2. Increases the chance of city theft if adjacent to a city you have a spy stationed in. Does no damage to a city when it attacks, instead reducing its Strength. (UU here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=18578)
Unique Building: Jamaat Khana. Replaces Temple. Increases generation of Great People by 10%.

I also have a Komori design laying around, but we both already have a lot on our respective plates.

Hmmmmmm! Are you sure this is your own idea? :p

Here's another civ from another awesome game. :D

The Assassin Brotherhood

Al Mualim

Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted
Cannot gain settlers nor annex or raze cities. :c5puppet: Puppets suffer no :c5science: Science penalties and automatically produce on :c5science: Science focus. Assassins are twice as efficient at capturing enemy Spies attempting to steal a Technology. Receive an Assassin upon discovering Philosophy.

Assassin
Cannot steal Technologies, unlike the Spy it replaces. May perform an Assassination in a City to puppet it into your empire. Chance of success depends upon the time it’s been stationed in the city.

Masyaf Castle
It provides an Assassin upon completion, and levels up all Assassins, unlike the National College it replaces. Not available until Guilds, but increases city ranged strength and health.

Your civilization is led by someone who calls himself "the teacher"?

Hmmmmmm! Are you sure this is your own idea? :p

I never saw your design that I remember? I came up with the concept I used after reading about them. Probably we both did the same.

Your civilization is led by someone who calls himself "the teacher"?

The leader of the Assassins in the video game is mostly referred to as Al Mualim. He is based on a historical figure, Rashid ad-Din Sinan.

I never saw your design that I remember? I came up with the concept I used after reading about them. Probably we both did the same.

Yeah, I was just joking a bit. :p Besides, the real-life Assassins were also Nizari Ismailists, so that we thought of similar concepts is not strange at all.

The leader of the Assassins in the video game is mostly referred to as Al Mualim. He is based on a historical figure, Rashid ad-Din Sinan.

Yeah, I was just joking a bit. :p Besides, the real-life Assassins were also Nizari Ismailists, so that we thought of similar concepts is not strange at all.

Still seems a bit overpowered as the sun, either way you, me and everybody else in AoI should probably tie up our loose ends.

Well I've got a map for Granada now that I actually quite like, but any others would be useful I'm sure!

Leaderscreens are even harder than I thought! I have one but its terrible so if anyone knows anything about leaderscreens whatsoever, please shoot me a message so I can get some help/advice! I have the clothes to a level that I'm alright with, but the face is fairly bad and the background is even worse, despite having worked on it for the majority of today. (While hungover, dat dedication tho)

I'd show it off but this computer is being mean to me and wont let me, so you'll have to take my word for it regarding the quality.

People tend to be harsh on themselves... So I can't take your word. Anyway, nice you get the art before making the code. Most modders do this the other way around.

Usually when it comes to backgrounds sometimes all you have to do is find some iconic place synonymous with your civ and put light oil filter on it with some contrast or shading if you think you need it and it will end up alright, satisfactory at least.

Just the basics so far since I only got back recently - getting the civ and art actually into the game with pedias and uniques, albeit without any actual effects yet. I'm fairly sure all of my uniques require more than xml so I'm a bit scared to go forwards, but oh well!

Khwarezm would definitely be interesting to me, I think I'll need some civs in the Persia region - it's such an important part of the Muslim world after all so Khwarezm would fit perfectly.

Also, while I'm updating this page, All-New-Much-Better Map Hype! Courtesy of the fantastic Regalman. Not only that, but I now have an awesome leaderscreen infinitely beyond my abilities, thanks to COF, so the art is finally coming together!

Khwarezm would definitely be interesting to me, I think I'll need some civs in the Persia region - it's such an important part of the Muslim world after all so Khwarezm would fit perfectly.

I've got Shirvan slated to do from that area, if you're interested in teaming up on that one as well.

Top Bottom