Barbarians spawn in my land???HELP!!!

Well, sometimes. Other times, you create a desert and call it peace. Roman cruelty did stop uprisings for quite awhile, although it's clear Assyrian cruelty eventually led to their downfall. Modern examples are useful for modern policy, but it's important not to assume the past 50 years reflect the past 6,000 years.
Well true story, though I would suggest the number of confirmed examples of this - either way - from history are too narrow to draw many conclusions for it. And Rome had a bloody history of rebellions and civil wars that brought it down internally, so there's that. Of course, it's impossible to map those civil wars and insurrections directly to a global happiness system and even more so since as you and others have noted, the rebels that spawn don't subtract from your population.

Jatta Pake said:
Warlord

A few upstart students armed with light weapons causing trouble does not constitute a civil war. These are merely terrorists. They should be crushed without mercy to give the State conscripts some basic combat experience.

No need for any type of notification. Any advisor that even suggested that the terrorists posed a threat to the regime would need to be disemboweled and displayed in the city commons.

Financial Advisor: "Sire, it's not just a few unhappy people! We are in a civil war!"

Tyrant: "You dare suggest anyone could possibly be unhappy with my rule?" Removes pistol, fires, and splashes Financial Advisor's brains across the wall. "Well, what's your report?"

Military Advisor: "No problems, sire. Just the usual foreign sponsored terrorists. Not even worth mentioning."

Science Advisor: "I agree, sire. Clearly the Financial Advisor was suffering some sort of delusional psychosis. He posed a threat to us all. You saved our lives!"

Culture Advisor: "Our TV stations will immediately begin broadcasting news of your heroic actions today. Thank you, sire. You saved us!"

Thanks, this made me actually laugh out loud.

The only change I'd like to see is the creation of a Great Rebel Leader unit. He could just be a Barbarian version of the Great General giving bonuses to the barb units. Plenty of names available:

Spartacus
Robert E Lee
Guillaume Cale
Walter (Wat) Tyler
Jakob Rohrbach
Yemelyan Pugachev
Stepan Razin
Giuseppe Garibaldi
Pancho Villa
Zhu Yuanzhang
William Wallace
Nat Turner (One of my favorites)
Ali bin Muhammad
Toussaint Louverture
Jean-Jacques Dessalines
Samuel Sharpe
Gaspar Yanga

The list is almost endless...

Exactly what I was thinking. With a Great General-like Rebel Leader unit, they will try to capture your cities, otherwise rebels act like plain barbarians.

This will lower your unhappiness, so let's put in a new mechanic. If rebel-controlled :c5culture: output rivals yours (Rebels producing 10% of your :c5culture:=Exotic) this will cause more unhappiness, resulting in more rebel units joining the cause, similar to tourism-culture Ideology system. This represents how much Rebels are fair compared to you, in my understanding :c5culture: is not only art pieces but laws and morality altogether given the fact that you need :c5culture: to get social policies. This could replace city-flipping due to Ideology differences.

A few upstart students armed with light weapons causing trouble does not constitute a civil war. These are merely terrorists. They should be crushed without mercy to give the State conscripts some basic combat experience.

No need for any type of notification. Any advisor that even suggested that the terrorists posed a threat to the regime would need to be disemboweled and displayed in the city commons.

Financial Advisor: "Sire, it's not just a few unhappy people! We are in a civil war!"

Tyrant: "You dare suggest anyone could possibly be unhappy with my rule?" Removes pistol, fires, and splashes Financial Advisor's brains across the wall. "Well, what's your report?"

Military Advisor: "No problems, sire. Just the usual foreign sponsored terrorists. Not even worth mentioning."

Science Advisor: "I agree, sire. Clearly the Financial Advisor was suffering some sort of delusional psychosis. He posed a threat to us all. You saved our lives!"

Culture Advisor: "Our TV stations will immediately begin broadcasting news of your heroic actions today. Thank you, sire. You saved us!"

Is that General Aladeen (leader) of Republic of Wadiya (Civ)

Top Bottom