Cultural victory not activating...

Jotakami

Chieftain
I'm kind of a weird Civ 5 player... I've been playing since the game came out but never actually finished a game. Probably because I like to play Marathon Deity... but anyways, I thought I had just achieved my first cultural victory when I reached Influential (>100%) with all remaining civilizations. However, nothing happened. I've clicked through another dozen turns or so and still nothing. The game just continues like nothing happened. Am I missing something?

The only thing I can think of is that there are a number of civilizations that have been conquered (not by me), and I am obviously not influential with them. It would be ridiculous to have to liberate a civ just to culturally dominate it, so I can't imagine this is the problem...

Any thoughts? :confused:

Game details:
Isabella on Deity, Marathon, Archipelago, Normal size, 15 civs, 20 CSs
Turn 847/1500, Nuclear Era
Also in the middle of the Olympics... do I need to finish it first or something?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot... at some point I "retired" the game to take glance at the replay, and unfortunately I continued playing instead of reloading my save. The sad part is that I have no idea when I did it, so at this point there's no way I'm going back to play all those turns again. FML

I'm kind of a weird Civ 5 player... I've been playing since the game came out but never actually finished a game. Probably because I like to play Marathon Deity...

Funny, my games on Deity go faster than any other difficulty level! :lol:

Top Bottom