Office of Fanatopian Communication (Chatroom)

croxis

Chat room op
Security Status: Caution. The channel settings reset when the last person leaves the room, which need to be reset every time the room is reoccupied. I am investigating a couple of options to remedy this.

Welcome to the Office of Fanatopian Communication. You are welcome to coffee or tea on the table to your right.

You may enter the chatroom through your favorite IRC client at:
server: irc.irc-chat.net
channel: #cfc_isdg
password: cute

If you do not yet have your favorite IRC client please click the chat link in the site menu above. Enter your forum name into the nickname list and click connect. You will enter the main chatroom. once there type in, without the quotes "/join #cfc_isdg cute" and you will join our secret chatroom.

Leaking the password is treason and is punishable by feather tickling.

Current projects: Improving security by either hosting my own bot on my computer or by seeing if the Guardian bot can enable these automatically.

10 steps to setting up Trillian 3.1 Pro (but these should work for basic as well)
  1. Right click on the trillian icon in the tray, and select prefrences.
  2. Make sure the IRC plugin is active in the plugin menu
  3. Go the the connection menu, and make new irc connection.
  4. The server alias is the name you want to call the server. I just use the name of the network, which is IRC-Chat.net, but you can name it whatever you wish.
  5. Next line is the server address, which is irc.irc-chat.net
  6. The next three lines various nicks and info. Just use your forum screen name for each. Also spaces are not allowed, so you will need to use an underscore _ .
  7. Click the change button
  8. Click Misc tab.
  9. Check the box in the perfom buffer, and add to the following box /join #cfc_isdg whateverthecurrentpasswordis If you want to also join the main chatroom as well type in /join #cfc_isdg whateverthepasswordis;/join #civfanatics
  10. Click connect

i cant connect it keeps connecting to main chat room

try

'/join #cfc_isdg'

then when you get there try

/pass cute

not sure that could work, my chat knowledge is very outdated

it doesn't seem to be working for me...

really? whenever I typed something it said I wasn't in a channel. all it said after I typed in "/join #cfc_isdg cute" was "you have left chaneel #civfantics" I'll try again now...

EDIT: it works!

ok i got in woot but u anit there croxis

Top Bottom