Game of Thrones

You should allow this Techs :
Astronomy - Banking - Accoustic - Economics (windmill is a Medieval Building) -AlChimistry = > (wildfire). - Metalurgy - Fertilizer - Military Service

And here some Tech idea :
Religion Tech (in order - The olds Gods - The Seven - The Drown - R'hllor)

New Tech : Traking (Promotion +1 Visibility)
Poisons (some assasin unit)...
Drama (Culture) - Trade - Festivals (Happiness) - Brewery (Ale-Inns)
Nature Laws - Divination - Priesthood - Religious Laws - Fanaticism -etc... (Religion entry for exemple)
Diplomaty - Deception (Diplomatic issues)
Valerian Steel
Armored Cavalry
Medecine - Taxation

I am looking with great interest on those idea's, some are already planned.

Technologies :
Astronomy => Already in the MOD

Banking & accoustic => Humm, I don't know if it's good to keep this two.

Economics => I don't plan to keep the technologie, but the windmill will probably move to Physic.

Alchemy => Already in the MOD / Do we say Alchemy or Alchemistry ? Anyway, I was planning to add a unit like a kind of medieval grenadier there, but I am missing the graphics skills. I am secretly hoping that Danrell, Bernie, Nutty or Deliverator look at it. ;)

Fertilizer & Military Service are more or less include under the name of : Agricultural tools & Military Strategy.

Religion tech :

For now the religions are planned like giving access to some technologie content. The player may not choose is religion, it is imposed by the choice of civilization. My modding skills do not allow me to work on something else, but why not in the future. :)

Targaryen => Valyria
Greyjoy => The Drown
etc.

The hard part is balancing each religion. Finding special units / building / national wonders and what they should do. Here are my idea's for now :

Valyria : Dragon eggs / Dragon
The Seven : Septon / Brotherhood soldier / ...
The Old gods : Direwolf / Weirwood / Greenseer / Warg...
The Drown : Raiders / Great Horn (why not dream about something able to subdue dragon's!!) :)
R'hllor : Red Priest / Shadow / Azor Ahai / The Prophecy
Rhoynar : ...

Ressources :

I rename Aluminium : Valyrian Steel & Coal : Obsidienne.
So we may have the necessary for new units later. ;)
I will have to change the graphics later so they look more appropriate than now.

Keep the good work guys. Your help & idea's are really appreciate.

Kwadjh

This could be significative, I have all the DLC's (polynesia, Spain :rolleyes:, INcs, Vikings) AND when I start this mod and I push Configurate Game the civs are:
Jon, Robb, Cersei etc and Polynesia Spain Incs.... (just the DLC's ones)

i have noticed that the game becomes extremely difficult once you need too attack berathion or grayjoy (not due too the issue of naval attack which is as intended but due too the simple lack of oceangoing boats avalalbe too other factions, perhaps an improved version of the trireme might become avalable (possibly some variation of longboats or dragon boats) too make the later game more possible, also a version of the UN could be included, possibly called raising of allys too represent the forces that could be brought too bear by some of the 'minor' factions (here representing none crowned states).

i have no experiance at coding but i would be happy too help if i can

Few ideas here, dunno if possible

Few wonders:
Isle of faces
House of Black & White
Lys Alchemists
Goldenheart
Fighting pits

If you would like, I could develop something to the social policy structure, unless you already have an idea for that.

Also as a completely wild idea: Make King's landing a city that has to be conquered, if possible including already the Iron Throne (Dunno if any of this is actually possible due to modding restrictions). So that whomever control's King's landing gets some bonus from the Iron Throne.

Also I like Watch being it's own civ instead of being a city state. Just make it so that they can't make war against anyone on their own. They keep out of the matters of state.

And make Wildlings a civ. Mance all the way.

If you need any help on balance, civilopedia texts etc. etc. just let me know. I love the world and books and would very much like to help in a project like this.

Timppå;10960768 said:
Also as a completely wild idea: Make King's landing a city that has to be conquered, if possible including already the Iron Throne (Dunno if any of this is actually possible due to modding restrictions). So that whomever control's King's landing gets some bonus from the Iron Throne.

Also I like Watch being it's own civ instead of being a city state. Just make it so that they can't make war against anyone on their own. They keep out of the matters of state.

this would fit well with the previous suggestion i made about a possible diplomatic victory, possibly control of kings landing triggers voting for diplomatic victory (nights watch would need another mechanism) as a representation of calling the banners etc

Most of my wonders actually would be better suited for natural features

As would for example Hearthill, great grass sea, Trident and Frostfangs :)

Thanks guys.

I am reading your propositions with interest. And I agree, I have a lot of work to reintroduce a diplomatic victory.

The City State Diplomacy Mod may be a really good way. One of the problem I see is that almost all the city state are on Essos (Eastern continent) and most of the city state today on Westeros (Western Continent) will soon or later become real civilization. So I fear we will have too few city states...

I had in mind to change the map and only keep Westeros and a small part of Essos. I would love to greatly increase the size of Westeros to have more place to add civilizations and new city states.

For that we need to be able to create a map in 80x120 instead of a map 120x80...

I have not find the way to do it right now. But it must not be impossible and since we keep the same map size it should work fine. If you know a way I will just tell me. :)

possibly you could make some of the playable civs function similar too city states (aka alligance winnable, certain ones such as lannister would be loyalty bound) could involve some challanging coding, but make all none played civs (exepting lannister, targaryn, stark and grayjoy playable, arryn would also be unswayed by gold and units, missions only)

In some earlier post you were wondering what civs you should have to implement all 12

Here is a suggestion, based on the stories and the want of them being from westeros.

Lannister / Baratheon - Cersei / Joffrey
Stark / Robb
Greyjoy / Asha
Baratheon / Stannis
Baelish / Petyr
Martell / Doran
Arryn / Lysa, Robert
Targaryen / Dana
Bolton / Roose's bastard, Roose
Tyrell / Mace
Florent / Alester (Tyrells and Florent's both claim the Garden king seat)
Watch / Jon, Mormont
Wildlings / Mance

There you go, 13 civ's and you can easily get names for cities from their sworn houses. Also there are a lot of unsworn houses etc. that can be placed as civ-states for actual map :)

If you need help of any kind, just message me. As said before (Even at the risk of sounding too enthusiastic) I would love to be part of this.

Well, It take me some time to properly prepare a new map, big enough to welcome 12 civilizations and city state.

I hope you like the project. :)

Spoiler :

Bad news, I still have to found how to create a proper map size of 80 x 120 instead of a 120 x 80.

It seems with the proper map script, it's possible to inscrease the size in height as long as it's not an odd number.

If one of you know a map script able to create an empty map with the proper size, it will be awesome. :D

Else... Well, it will take me a long while to get it. :rolleyes:

Haven't had a chance to try the mod yet, so maybe some of the info here is out of date, but...

I know they're not from Westeros... but why not throw in the Dothraki as a Civ? They're one of the most unique in the series, have to think they'd be a fun option to throw in.

And some of the bannerman could be converted into full fledged Civs for the sake of diversity. Clegane with either Gregor or The Hound as leader, could always seperate all three brothers Baratheon into their own respective forces (you know, if you were to ignore some canon regarding that... hehe...)...

Just some thoughts. There's a few lesser houses that'd be legitimately fun to take the reigns of if the option existed. Shagga leadin' the Stone Crows, anyone? Feed some to goats?

The link to v7 doesn't work for me. Is there another place I can get it? Any chance of getting this into the ingame mod browser?

I just try a few second ago and it works for me... Last time I try to use the mod browser in game, it was not working. :(

Sorry guys, I haven't been activ since weeks. I am overwhelm with work and can't find time to progress further for now. Of course if there is candidat to improve the mod don't hesitate to contact me, I will try to help.

I love the mod, but one very minor thing always irks me. Can you change the tech "Map Making" to "Cartography"?

Hi,
as a guess for the social system according to dewells ideas:
5 systems depending on the “way of life” in Westeros:

• Northern Way with some benefits for non-expanding states (“king of the north”) and benefits for city states showing the loyalty of the northmen?...
• Southern Way hmm… what kind are the Dornish? Diplomacy, intriguer? Or the Reach with Highgarden…
• Eastern Way many benefits for non-expanding states showing the isolation of the Vale?....
• Western Way many benefits for expanding states and some for money, showing the greed of the Lannisters
• Way of the Sea with benefits for ships, coastal cities…

If you choose one way you can´t choose another, but every way is open to every civ!

• One maybe “Free City”-way of life including slavery, sellswords etc.
• One System for Religion. If you want to combine religion with the choice of civilization this system need mechanics which work for all religions.
• Economy with benefits for money
• Honor with benefits for fighting
• A system displaying the Art of the Maesters (science)

From the last 5 System you can choose each. But I think a player must not get all of the five systems!?

I would like the idea of the Free Cities as City-states, but only on their own continent, not in Westeros. If for example one is a military one, each unit has to cross the Narrow Sea.

To get more color into units I really like Evilstein´s veteran system for normal units (Levy-Militia-HouseGuard and if possible Elite).
So far for now. Keep on going, great work so far!

I just read everything and I haven't downloaded the MOD yet, but I as fan of GoT can say a couple of things.

-Dothrakis are Mongols. As clear as that. You must have them as a Civ.
-The Free Cities shall be CityStates. That's what they are.
-The 12 Civs should be: Storms' End Baratheon (Renly), Dragonstone's Baratheon (Stannis), the other Major Houses (Stark, Lannister, Arryn, Tully, Martell, Greyjoy and Tyrell) and some minor, powerful houses (Bolton, maybe Freys) and Dothraki. If you can't make a City State to own three cities, then the Night Watch should be 12th instead of Frey. Truly, Frey is more like a CS.

Top Bottom