Are you looking forward to Civ World?

Are you looking forward to Civ World?

• Yes, and are planning to pay for premium currency

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Yes, but will only pay for free

Votes: 65 23.7%
  • Will play for the first few months, then probably lose interest

Votes: 18 6.6%
  • Will have a quick look to see what the fuss is about, then will probably leave it

Votes: 52 19.0%
  • Not at all interested

Votes: 95 34.7%
  • Will have to wait and see what happens when its released

Votes: 33 12.0%
  • No opinion

Votes: 6 2.2%

• Total voters
not having facebook and couldn't care less falls under the same catagory of not caring. If you couldn't care less it doesn't honestly matter whether or not you have facebook, for you wont be playing either way.

Now if you don't have facebook, you could easily make an account and probably would. It is easier to make a facebook account then a civfanatics account, so by having an account here, you are guarenteeing that you could make a facebook account...

I will have a quick look after release, but doubt I will play it. I don't use Facebook and don't plan to ever make an account there.

Freeciv.net was first with an online civ-like game of course. But no harm in more.

An online Civ-game would be great, but I do find it a bit depressing that things are being sucked into the Facebook walled-garden platform. I know why they do it of course - with a standalone web-version, people wouldn't be able to spam it to their friends, and would forget to keep going there.

And ... are we even allowed to say anything of critical of Facebook, even though it's on-topic for this thread - since the newly posted rules seem to suggest otherwise? Maybe this thread should be moved to off-topic where people can express their opinion, if it's meant to be an unbiased discussion about the idea of a game on the Facebook platform.

Civ6 will hopefully be a chance to redeem themselves that Firaxis will leap at. When that comes, I'll judge the company. But ATM, they're not doing too well are they? Then again, this could turn out to be utter brilliance, we'll just have to wait and see.

Ill try, and possible play it when ever i'm chatting on Facebook to my Sister in America (lots cheaper than phone calls lol) but i don't really go on facebook much anymore and i wouldn't pay for extras for any facebook game :)

Will wait and see what is all about, but why the heck they did not just made the good old pitboss from Civ4 in to a facebook game format? What better they can come with than Civ4 itself? I am quite sure it could be made and it would be just great way to play Civ4 with other people. For example, while at work, I cant start the normal Civ4 game and play my turn, but I can play if it is on Facebook.

I don't think I'll ever pay for virtual currency in a facebook game, but I'll definitely check out what the game is like to play for free.

I will try it out, but i know it will be a complete failure and a giant facepalm towards sid meiers for even going for facebook games instead of repairing Civ 5.

Dumb, dumber, dumbest.

Civ Rev, Civ V, Civ World

what an evolution :(

:agree: (with the first 2, wait and see for the 3rd)

Civ6 will hopefully be a chance to redeem themselves that Firaxis will leap at. When that comes, I'll judge the company. But ATM, they're not doing too well are they? Then again, this could turn out to be utter brilliance, we'll just have to wait and see.

I really hope this is true...

I will try it out, but i know it will be a complete failure and a giant facepalm towards sid meiers for even going for facebook games instead of repairing Civ 5.
Allthough i disagree with this being a complete failure, I agree that they should have focused on Civ 5 patches...

i really look forward for civ world!

its gonna be fun to play with my friends on facebook, im hoping the developers will keep the civ spirit and wont scale down too much the priginal theme.

i choose to be optimistic about it and hope not to dissapoint, after the civ v farse.

cheers!

And ... are we even allowed to say anything of critical of Facebook, even though it's on-topic for this thread - since the newly posted rules seem to suggest otherwise?
Moderator Action: Incorrect. Criticism, especially if it relates to the Civ World game/facebook dynamic is fine.

In fact, I think you just offered some when you said:
...but I do find it a bit depressing that things are being sucked into the Facebook walled-garden platform.
That's a good example of a valid criticism, reasonably offered.

What I said was:
this is not the place to get into editorial rants about how much you loathe facebook or how you think its evil.

Basically, we don't want people going on and on about how much they hate facebook. Its one thing to bring up privacy concerns about, say, what kind of personal data this game will mine. Its not OK to go on about how much facebook is a waste of time of how its an evil entity, etc.... I hope this helps.

I signed up for alpha but was not picked. Have signed up for beta, should have a little better chance. Will it be just a curiosity that gets dropped after a few games, or an application that stands the test of time? No clue...

I'll share one concern I have. All of my current facebook friends are relatives, RL friends, and friends of friends. I'm not sure I want my CFC identity linked to my real identity -- not that it's a huge stretch to figure it out if you're savvy with searching and pay attention to clues, but still, one click away?

And I tend to comply with EULA's, and thought I saw something in FB about one login, just like we have here. Though I could be completely wrong about that. I'll be happy if aliases are allowed, it will alleviate the privacy concern.

The other big question is how much it might end up costing. The free ride is only gonna last so long, and then I predict a pay per play system. Or what you get free will be so crippled that you'll feel obligated to buy some bling.

I wanted to check out FB for a long time, so this is a good opportunity to do so.

I don't expect it will make a a FB fan though, but seeing my favorite game-series move there, I feel I've at least to check it out.

Who knows, it might be great. Lots of people had doubts when Civ 1 was planned / released also.

Top Bottom