Trade deals ending on me for no reason

bob rulz

Prince
In the current game I'm playing (v1.22, Large map, Archipelago, Carthage) I was trading some luxuries with another empire, and suddenly, for no reason, it says "we have lost our source of dyes." This was one turn after it was negotitated and I didn't go to war with that civilization. I went to the Trade Advisor (F2) and it said suddenly that I couldn't trade with anyone. The next turn I came back and it said that I could trade with them again. So I just went and renegotiated it, but about 10 turns later the same thing happened. :confused: I think I renegotiated with them again, but I'm not sure. What the hell is going on here? :cry:

And, on an semi-related note, in the same game, I created a city, and I go back and look at it and it has no name. I know that when it asks you for a name for the city it highlights it, so the only thing I can think of is that I accidentally hit backspace before placing it, but it's still wierd and I think I would have noticed if I did that.

I don't think this a bug. Usually things like these happen when your trade link is broken or the other civ lost the luxuries. In case of trading by sea you need an open sea route.

Sometimes, the deal ends naturally, and the civ will trade off his resourse to someone else right away. To avoid this, go to your preferences menu, and check 'always renegotiate deals'.

It was all over coastal squares. Otherwise I wouldn't have been initially trading with them. Also, like I said, it was 1 turn and then 10 turns after the deal began, therefore, long before the 20 turn limit. And I don't know how my trade link could have been broken. They aren't at war with anyone either, and neither am I.

Barbarians can do it, easily, especially via coastal squares. Some AIs will lose their harbor from lack of cash (forced building loss). Other reasons are possible, but it's probably one of those two and 85% likely to be the first.

Arathorn

Well, let me go back and see how much gold they have, and then they're whol continent is colonized, so I don't think it's barbarians. I went back the next turn (impossible for a worker to rebuild a road in one turn) and I could trade it again.

Top Bottom