New World Settings

Milamber

Chieftain
I have a question about the new world settings - If I were to start a game with Barbarian World Off and Start As Minor Tribes Off then would the BUG menu settings for the new world civs still work?

I want to have the minor civs in new world but without having them in the old world at the start.

I have a question about the new world settings - If I were to start a game with Barbarian World Off and Start As Minor Tribes Off then would the BUG menu settings for the new world civs still work?

I want to have the minor civs in new world but without having them in the old world at the start.

Barbarian World has nothing to do with minor civs; if you mean Barbarian Civs, if you turn it off from the start no Barbarian tribe will become a minor civ and then a full civ, no matter the settings under BUG

Ok so with Barbarian World off and Barbarian Civs on will their still be a minor tribe arising from barbarians in the new world?

Ok so with Barbarian World off and Barbarian Civs on will their still be a minor tribe arising from barbarians in the new world?
Exactly. And you can tweak their rising in the BUG menu. Barbarian World only spawns more barbarian units

Wait a minute, let us put the options with their descriptions right because this is getting really confuse:

Barbarian World: For every Player that is placed at the beggining of the game, a free barbarian city will be put in the game (if Old-New world, then only in Old World). E.g. 12 Civs at start mean 12 barb cities at spawn.

Barbarian Civ: Barbarians may become full civs given time and condition to grow.

Raging Barbarians: More barbs spawn and they become a lot more agressive towards every civ.

Start as Minors: Before getting the tech Writing, any civ is incapable to engage in diplomatic negotiations.

No Barbarians: No barb units or cities in the entire game.

So technically this is impossible. Barb cities may spawn anywhere where there is fog if the option No Barbarians isn't ticked, and if Barbarian Civs is on, they may turn into full civs.

But, if you ensure that the old world will have so many starting players that it'll be almost impossible to have a barb city spawn in the old world, thus making no Civ emerging from a barb city, then you'll fulfill your desire. The new world will be empty for a good part of the game and it'll have barb cities turning into full civs, while the old world will be so crowded that no barb city will spawn. That's the only way I can see it happening.

So technically this is impossible. Barb cities may spawn anywhere where there is fog if the option No Barbarians isn't ticked, and if Barbarian Civs is on, they may turn into full civs.

I think you're right, although I'm not sure how options 4 and 5 are working in New World Policy in BUG.

Ah I didn't realize that barb cities can spawn in the fog, I thought they could only exist if you turn Barbarian World on.
Thats cool I just didnt want the free barb city for every civ right at the start.

Top Bottom