Corporations & Guilds

Same track as Afforess and others above and maybe slight boost for founding them. However otherwise when the guilds/corporations spread, they don't decay. Also, I propose that Guilds should upgrade to corporations. So cut out useless guilds and have others upgrade to corporations with very specific tasks/bonuses as proposed above.

That makes sense. It's a little odd that they don't do that in the first place.

One more thing, even when realistic Corps are enabled, I think it should be possible once in a while to send Corp executives where you wish. Kind of what happens with religions, they spread by themselves but you can help them a bit. Although I admit that this kind of help should be more limited.

I'd really like to this system streamlined. Does no one else have any ideas?

45°38'N-13°47'E;13454401 said:
One more thing, even when realistic Corps are enabled, I think it should be possible once in a while to send Corp executives where you wish. Kind of what happens with religions, they spread by themselves but you can help them a bit. Although I admit that this kind of help should be more limited.

How about this: Instead of executives a diplomacy option to open business in one of the cities of the other civ? May it be capital or the best choice (if it can be calculated).

How about this: Instead of executives a diplomacy option to open business in one of the cities of the other civ? May it be capital or the best choice (if it can be calculated).

When I would really want the option to manually put a guild in a city would be getting say fishmongers in my Heroic or National Epic city, not sharing it with another civ.

Quite frankly, I'm happy with Auto founding and spread, but that's my game style.

Auto spread, or manual spread with auto founding, should be enabled only for cities with the base raw resources for the Guild/Corporation.

I.E. Fishmonger, needs a Fishing resource in the Cities control, 2 or 3 levels, or cultural? to enable the guild/Corporation spread.

It shouldn't be enabled for an empire wide resource availability. You have 1 Iron mine in the North of empire, with no copper available, and can spread blacksmiths guilds empire wide.

Quite frankly, I'm happy with Auto founding and spread, but that's my game style.

Auto spread, or manual spread with auto founding, should be enabled only for cities with the base raw resources for the Guild/Corporation.

I.E. Fishmonger, needs a Fishing resource in the Cities control, 2 or 3 levels, or cultural? to enable the guild/Corporation spread.

It shouldn't be enabled for an empire wide resource availability. You have 1 Iron mine in the North of empire, with no copper available, and can spread blacksmiths guilds empire wide.
Personally I like founding several key corporations, and having control over how I spread them; Late game I usually spread them all instantly into a new city, giving it extra culture, hammers, food and whatnot. I feel it would be a shame to remove this option completely. For this reason I would propose that "realistic corporations" game option gets replaced with what Afforess is suggesting, all the while keeping the "standard" corporation spread option, whereby a player manually spreads corporations.

Personally I like founding several key corporations, and having control over how I spread them; Late game I usually spread them all instantly into a new city, giving it extra culture, hammers, food and whatnot. I feel it would be a shame to remove this option completely. For this reason I would propose that "realistic corporations" game option gets replaced with what Afforess is suggesting, all the while keeping the "standard" corporation spread option, whereby a player manually spreads corporations.

No.

It is unclear if I will ever get around to finishing/fixing this idea, but if I do, I will not leave a way to opt-out.

I don't really like the idea of not having any say in or control over how your own corportations function in your own empire, but oh well :(

I've had the realistic corportations feature push a corp out of a city completely at random, which caused it to starve down several sizes and I was helpless to do anything about it. Normally I'd just avoid putting conflicting corporations in a city if I needed it that way, but with RC I don't have any say in the matter. I quickly lost interest it and never touched it again.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something here - I'd really prefer to be able to maintain control over spread when possible (Even if said control was just locked to a specific Civic or something)

I don't really like the idea of not having any say in or control over how your own corportations function in your own empire, but oh well :(

I've had the realistic corportations feature push a corp out of a city completely at random, which caused it to starve down several sizes and I was helpless to do anything about it. Normally I'd just avoid putting conflicting corporations in a city if I needed it that way, but with RC I don't have any say in the matter. I quickly lost interest it and never touched it again.

Unless I'm misunderstanding something here - I'd really prefer to be able to maintain control over spread when possible (Even if said control was just locked to a specific Civic or something)
Having a civic that allows for the manual spread of corporations is a very good idea, much better than mine which was having it as a game option. Great suggestion. :goodjob:

Having a civic that allows for the manual spread of corporations is a very good idea, much better than mine which was having it as a game option. Great suggestion. :goodjob:

Hmm.. That may be good...
Which civic(s) should do that?

Hmm.. That may be good...
Which civic(s) should do that?
Have not played the game in months so the civics are not exactly fresh in my mind anymore. It would have to be a non mainstream economic civic (guilds?), something that one would only use only temporarily, like Intolerant which allows you to build inquisitors to purge external religions. Once you are done with what you want to do, you switch back to a more "normal" civic.

Either way we'll have to see if Afforess is open to this idea.

EDIT: I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I do agree with Afforess in that maintenance costs for corporations are ridiculous.

Have not played the game in months so the civics are not exactly fresh in my mind anymore. It would have to be a non mainstream economic civic (guilds?), something that one would only use only temporarily, like Intolerant which allows you to build inquisitors to purge external religions. Once you are done with what you want to do, you switch back to a more "normal" civic.

Either way we'll have to see if Afforess is open to this idea.

EDIT: I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I do agree with Afforess in that maintenance costs for corporations are ridiculous.

Guilds might be one, though it also says that Guilds aren't a part of the government and answer to no one, so it's quite likely that they'd simply go off and do their own thing (Automatic Spread) as opposed to following what you want them to do.

Regulated and Green perhaps, since in the latter the government would likely want to control the spread of corporations so they are kept to a manageable level that doesn't damage the environment with constant spread and abuse of natural resources.

In all of my games, the effect of the "production corporation" (mostly minin inc.) and "food corporation" (cereals or sushi, depending on map) was allways immense, I undertook every effort to make sure even the last backwater city was served.
Sure, I usually have huge empires with 100+ cities (playing on huge maps), so I also have a lot of resources for the Corp to use. It`s a bit of "the rich get richer".

In all of my games, the effect of the "production corporation" (mostly minin inc.) and "food corporation" (cereals or sushi, depending on map) was allways immense, I undertook every effort to make sure even the last backwater city was served.
Sure, I usually have huge empires with 100+ cities (playing on huge maps), so I also have a lot of resources for the Corp to use. It`s a bit of "the rich get richer".
I always go for mining inc, ethanol, moby meat, red curtains, and the military one :)

Top Bottom