RANDOM RANTS XXII: The Angry Dome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did a jurisprudence exam yesterday. I did not draw Mohammed on it in honour of international troll Islam day. What I did do was panic when only two of my guessed questions came up and improvised a rant about communist legal theory for the last question.

The question went something along the lines of:

" Jurisprudence is challenging for the law student more accustomed to dealing with black letter law as its study requires knowledge of a number of other fields like philosophy, economics, sociology and anthropology. Explain this statement, refering to a specific legal theorist."

I had read the section in my book on Marx out of interest the night before and figured I'd apply it to this. He's not really a legal theorist but he did have stuff to say about the nature of the system, and reading him needs a wide base of knowledge so it seemed logical enough as an example. Turned into a massive rant basically.

I didn't even fit in any innuendo about the superstructure withering away. :sad:

So, my doctor prescribed me some new anti-psychotics today, which is good and all, because I was getting some horrible side effects with the ones I've been on already. But then I read the side effects for the new medication. Possible side effects include "attempted suicide and suicide" and "sudden unexplained death". What the hell IS this ----?

Moderator Action: Watch your language, please.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

You are quite the homophobe, you know that?

I don't think that he's a homophobe in the sense that he hates gays, but a tiny homophobic in how it makes him so incredibly uncomfortable to be hugged by a gay. I remember in 5th grade :lol: one of my classmates (who was one year older - the class was a year-mixed group, 4-6 grades in one class), a 6th grader, smacked my ass. I yelled at him that he was disgusting and stuff. Nowadays, I just laugh at how I overreacted.

I wouldn't care if Tani gave me a hug as a greeting.

If Tani gave you a hug as a greeting, I'd ask you to share whatever technology you're using and what it's like in the future.

;)

About the butt slapping stuff - if that bothers you then you have clearly never played any sports at school.

Rant: Stupid English essay. I may have ten hours to complete you, but it's soooo tempting to play Crash Bandicoot instead. I need my daily dose of furry boys or I go insane.

I wouldn't care if Tani gave me a hug as a greeting.

Awww... :love:

If Tani gave you a hug as a greeting, I'd ask you to share whatever technology you're using and what it's like in the future.

;)

Technophysical interface. It's the wave of the future and all the cool kids have it.

This is why I punch people who annoy me through the screen. BE WARNED!

:p

'Cause you'd want a hug yourself ;)

It could be worse. I could be Italian. They KISS you when they meet you(well, on the cheek, but still). Regardless of if they know you or not!

Zack said:
About the butt slapping stuff - if that bothers you then you have clearly never played any sports at school.

Indeed. My jock friend tells me acting gay is a key part of being a jock.

..."acting." :mischief:

I'm (ethnically) Eritrean, and Eritrean people seem to have adopted that idea (Eritrea used to be an Italian colony, after all) of kissing on the cheek.

I've been forced to endure some pretty disgusting kisses by nasty, old people :sad: But I like it when my grandmas kiss me 'cause they manage to pack so much love in their kisses :D

That being said, I don't think my GF would appreciate it :lol: Especially since you're not really Eritrean :p

Rant: I hate citations. Citing work is the worst part of doing a paper. It gets so boring and repetive, and long...

Also. The new Crash game was cancelled... :(

I'm (ethnically) Eritrean, and Eritrean people seem to have adopted that idea (Eritrea used to be an Italian colony, after all) of kissing on the cheek.

I've been forced to endure some pretty disgusting kisses by nasty, old people :sad:

See, this is why remaining out of touch with your heritage is a good idea. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

I'd probably die if my Dad acted Chinese with my education.

I would get in touch with my Native American ancestry on my Mom's side if it meant I could gain some profits from the tribe, however... :mischief:

Oh yes. Interestingly enough, I have a bit of Swedish in me as well. :D

And French and... well, the list goes on. I feel like the grandson of a bunch of monarchs, coming about as the result of marriages brought about by peace treaties. ...Now where's the thrones of four different countries I get to rule in personal union? :mad:

:lol:

But I like it when my grandmas kiss me 'cause they manage to pack so much love in their kisses

Nobody can resist the grandmother's love. I seriously think that when a woman receives news of a grandchild, they turn into a succubus lite via some age-old ritual.

That being said, I don't think my GF would appreciate it Especially since you're not really Eritrean

:lol:!

Umm... I'm albino Eritrean? :mischief: :rotfl:

Why do they do that, anyway? I never got that about jocks - they were usually homophobic like hell, but then they're always slapping eachother's butts so :confused:

Rant: I hate citations. Citing work is the worst part of doing a paper. It gets so boring and repetive, and long...

Just copy-paste? :D

See, this is why remaining out of touch with your heritage is a good idea. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

I would get in touch with my Native American ancestry on my Mom's side if it meant I could gain some profits from the tribe, however... :mischief:

And French and... well, the list goes on. I feel like the grandson of a bunch of monarchs, coming about as the result of marriages brought about by peace treaties. ...Now where's the thrones of four different countries I get to rule in personal union? :mad:

It's always interesting to find out about your own heritage. Maybe one day you could go to France or Sweden :)p) and see for yourself the town from which your (great)grandparent came from?

Nobody can resist the grandmother's love. I seriously think that when a woman receives news of a grandchild, they turn into a succubus lite via some age-old ritual.

:D

:lol:!

Umm... I'm albino Eritrean? :mischief: :rotfl:

:pat: Yes. Yes you are.

*looks at the aggressive tone of all my OT posts*

I think something's wrong with me... I sound like I'm on a rampage against everyone. :(

Now I understand why I generally avoid mass-debating in OT.

Yeah, they're both raging homophobes and act totally gay. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

:agree:

Well, I don't know exactly where all my ancestry's from, mostly Germany and Ireland, with a couple from England and a couple from somewhere else in Northern Europe that I don't know the location of. So... getting in touch with my heritage presumably means drinking obscene levels of beer.

last night i stepped on a cutco knife protruding from a box. had to go to the er; lost half my middle toe and cut a tendon inside. got about half a dozen shots before half a dozen stitches. i'll be bedridden for near a week and if i ever want to move my toe again i'll have to have surgery.

*looks at the aggressive tone of all my OT posts*

I think something's wrong with me... I sound like I'm on a rampage against everyone. :(

Now I understand why I generally avoid mass-debating in OT.

How often do you come here? Sorry I could not resist that one.

Apparently, nobody gets hyperbole here. I was pissed, but not "I will kick your ass" pissed.

Anyways, for a real rant: There is someone who is gay for me at my school.

So, he comes up to me, brushes my shoulder, and says hi. I shake him off and say hi back, creeped out by the fact that he completely snuck up on me and touched me when just a simple verbal hi could do. Then, he starts stopping me in the hallway to talk. I'm trying to get my drink and GTFO because I want to distance myself from him because clingy people really annoy me.

And then, he feels up the muscle on my arm and asks if I'm open to sleep over. I then say no, give him a "what the hell are you doing, I'm straight" look, and leave.

tl;dr: My arm was groped by a gay kid.

While I was once a bit put off by being hit on by gays, after years of being surrounded by them and exposed to them (I knew essentially none growing up, save for a very good friend of mine), I've come to understand it as a compliment, and think of it as such. Its along the line of being hit on by a girl you find unattractive. I mean, worse things could happen.

The technique of turning down a girl and turning down a gay man are essentially the same, except the latter is far easier, since its not an insult to the approacher. Its simply "sorry man, but I'm not gay." Who knows, you might even make a new friend out of it. Gay men have a strange tendency to 1. have lots of straight female friends and 2. gain valuable insight into the female mind that is of essentially no use to them.

Along those lines, going with your new gay friends to a gay bar is a great way to catch women with their trousers down, figuratively speaking. See, they go to gay bars with their gay friends because they don't expect to see any straight men there, just gay men and other girls, so the guard they would normally have on in a regular bar doesn't exist. It makes them much easier to approach and talk with, and they may even think your plan is bold and admirable! And then you can get to getting her trousers down literally.

I... I...

...I agreed with most of Cheezy's theoretical Presidency(sans Commieness, of course).

WHAT DIMENSION IS THIS?! :cry:

:mwaha: Our propaganda is taking effect!

Its not acting gay, per se, its simply being comfortable enough in your sexuality to be able to act in a non-macho way that every moment affirms that you desire vagina and are not attracted to men.

last night i stepped on a cutco knife protruding from a box. had to go to the er; lost half my middle toe and cut a tendon inside. got about half a dozen shots before half a dozen stitches. i'll be bedridden for near a week and if i ever want to move my toe again i'll have to have surgery.

Ouch, that must have hurt a lot. :(

How often do you come here? Sorry I could not resist that one.

I don't get it. Me st00pid. :undecide:

I've started coming here more often, and with the advent of Summer, will certainly be doing so more often. Look out OT.

:mwaha: Our propaganda is taking effect!

I was once far-right thanks to the influences of Hannity and co. To date, I balance out left and right views by looking at multiple sources.

So, since I once listened to Hannity(and still do from time to time, though I'm not in the car as much as thus don't get the opportunity), and need a good counter to a strong left-wing person... :mischief:

Its not acting gay, per se, its simply being comfortable enough in your sexuality to be able to act in a non-macho way that every moment affirms that you desire vagina and are not attracted to men.

That's what he said!

:lol::mischief:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom