[Feedback needed] AND2 Checker: Easy installation and update v0.3

Hmm. On which platform do you run ?

Thanks for feedback. I'll try to see what i can do soon.

After deleting the Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder in ...Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS, (note that I'm using the Steam version, so the filepath of the mod folder should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods). So I let the thing run its course and now the last line it printed says Checked out revision 714. Does this mean the installation is finished? The little message above the text window still says that it is downloading the mod files. Up until this point, I was also never prompted to choose the Custom UI, Blue Marble Terrain, or Formations add-ons.

@Zach:
EDITED: I re-read your post again. This behavior is normal. The launcher is still poor at the first install.
Once you've seen "Checked out revision xxx", you can close the window and launch it again.

Could you try that ?

After deleting the Rise of Mankind - A New Dawn folder in ...Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\MODS, (note that I'm using the Steam version, so the filepath of the mod folder should be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods). So I let the thing run its course and now the last line it printed says Checked out revision 714. Does this mean the installation is finished? The little message above the text window still says that it is downloading the mod files. Up until this point, I was also never prompted to choose the Custom UI, Blue Marble Terrain, or Formations add-ons.

Same problem here
Using Civ 4 complete edition
Windows 7 64b

Relaunching the program results in the problem I was having with the app not opening and an invisible crash report.

Ok. I will check that once i've finished my translation tool.

Updated to v0.9
New features :
- Update manager which show versions for core mod, launcher and addons
- Updated graphics
- Autodetect the game path from registry at first launch
- Option to autoupdate the launcher, and the mod
- Option to setup "formations"
- Allow to install the mod from the Civ 4 folder
- Reset gameoptions setting on update
- New installer which detect and install MSVC2013 (needed by the launcher) and MSVC2010 (needed by SVN)
- Static compilation (installer size divided by two and no dll in the mod folder anymore)

+ some bugfixes

Known issues:
- It does not support uninstallation of addons yet (but it's next on the list)
- It try to install MSVC2010 if it's not detected but i'm not sure the silent installation works. Please report if you get a message like "No MSVCR100.DLL".
- If you use an old version and get an error message after update, just download and overwrite the new installer. The launcher need Microsoft Visual C++ Redist 2013 now.
- The launcher don't recheck if addon is here after the installation. Need to restart the launcher at the moment.

Updated to 0.10:

New features

Gathered installation / removal options in the components window.
Addons can now be removed
Graphical launcher updater

Bugfix

Option: Formations don't keep parameters
Confirm that the mod has been updated to popup "the mod has been updated"
Do not tell update is available if addons aren't installed
Show changelog from the head version
Update main window infos after update
Recheck addon state after installation

@Zach / Morphem: Do you still have the same problem with the latest version ?

First of all, sorry for my misunderstanding earlier. I thought that the mod had to go in the Steam folder in order to use it. Turns out putting it in the My Games folder just puts it at the end of the mod list in-game and I didn't scroll down far enough. Oops :blush:

The launcher worked for me in v0.9. I am having a problem updating though. Now, when I try to update the launcher to v.0.10, the process starts and it says that the launcher will be restarted. After that, the window closes and I've been waiting about 15 minutes, but it has not reopened yet. Should I just try uninstalling then re-installing now?

When you launch the launcher again with the shortcut, does it work?

Yes, the launcher works but it does not continue the update process. Still says it's on v0.9.

Ok. Try to update manually using this link.

Just overwrite existing installation, it will not remove the mod but just update the launcher.

Nice :)

Ok, my first try to your launcher; here are some observations:

• As soon as I started the game for the first time, I got the yellow button "Update available" but there are of course no updates. It happened only once. I'll see if I can reproduce it.
  • I can't click on Menu or Community unless I first click on Tools and move to Menu or Community from there.
  • First time I installed the launcher it got the wrong path and it started Warlord instead of BTS (but this could be a registry problem in my pc).
  • There's no option for Blue Marble terrain graphics
Anyway really great work dbkblk! :goodjob:

Thank you for the feedback ! I'll try to improve that !

I'm happy because i've found a way to integrate russian to the platform AND there are two people that want to translate the game to sinhala (Sri Lanka language). My work on russian show me that it is possible to integrate any language in the game.

Top Bottom