Advanced Diplomacy Questions

luftwaffles

Chieftain
Hiya folks! :)

Couldn't find any real info about some of the additional features of the AD segment of this mod, neither in the Civilopedia nor on the forums so I figured I had to open a thread about this.

1. War Reparations

A big question mark on this one ... what exactly am I offering my rival when I put them on the negotiation table? So far, I couldn't discern any changes in my gold output each turn or the attitude of my former wartime enemy which he/she shows towards me. Any help?

2. 'Cease bothering us' ... now so far I never actually clicked on that button, in fear it might damage my relationship with the AIs. Again, clearing that up for me would be nice.

Thanks for leaving some replies, and feel free to pose your own questions here, too.

2. Cease bothering us, just automatically say's no, I won't talk, so you get the "you refused to help us" penality. Just stops the AI's constantly pestering you for deals, etc.

If they decide to ask you for aide, you'll get the 'refused to help us' penality.

1. If you've beaten them up enough, you can demand gold for the privilege, or if you getting beaten, pay to get out of that war.

Hmm .... y'know what? Seems like I misunderstood the 'Pay Reparations' feature from the beginning. I always clicked 'Please accept this gift' after presenting them to the AI. You're suppossed to choose 'What would this deal make work?' to make it function like it's meant to be, namely as an appeasement, am I correct?

However, thank you for clearing up the first issue for me!

Hmm .... y'know what? Seems like I misunderstood the 'Pay Reparations' feature from the beginning. I always clicked 'Please accept this gift' after presenting them to the AI. You're suppossed to choose 'What would this deal make work?' to make it function like it's meant to be, namely as an appeasement, am I correct?

Correct. Pay War Reparations only appears if there are war reparations to be corrected, so if the option is not available, the AI is not upset over past wars with you.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but its purpose fits mine. I'm playing the updated AND2 (rev 1009).

I don't really understand much about Advanced Diplomacy. I've started a game with it enabled (I think... what shows up in the Ctrl-Alt-Q popup is "Realistic Diplomacy" under AND options selected). I've discovered Writing. My diplomacy screen doesn't look any different, or present any new options at all. How do you establish an embassy? How does "Right of Passage" show up as an option? (I like that idea much better in theory than the carte blanche granted by Open Borders.)

I ask because all discovering Writing does for me is result in all the civs on my continent bombarding me with Open Borders requests. Nothing about embassies, which I thought were required to do Open Borders. With trade routes no longer an issue, I see no point at all in giving rival civs permission to scout my ass with combat units whenever they want. I care nothing about forgoing the diplo bonus of Open Borders, considering I would just get backstabbed anyway by muscular civs.

What am I missing? (I know that if I ever get to the point that Free Trade Agreements become an option, to not do it until they are debugged and/or reworked.)

EDIT: Never mind. I started a custom game, triple-checked that the Advanced Diplomacy checkbox was ticked, and now it shows up in the popup. Now I'll see if AD works.

Just an observation: FTA can and will be signed by other civs so they will run into the bug anyway. Luckily very good relationship is required with a target civ to sign FTA, so it doesn't happen all that often.

45°38'N-13°47'E;14253091 said:
Just an observation: FTA can and will be signed by other civs so they will run into the bug anyway. Luckily very good relationship is required with a target civ to sign FTA, so it doesn't happen all that often.

Six out of the nineteen civs in my last game had FTA with each other, I'm not sure if that's uncommon or not though.

Several AI kept asking me to sign one with them, but I kept saying no :D

Top Bottom