Nobles club

MarisVetra

Chieftain
I've seen in Chris67123 videos that hes taking map from this forum and playing it, like a 4000BC save. This map and name of player is called NC - Nobles Club. My questions:
1)What is Nobles Club?
2)Can anyone participate in those kinds of games?
3)Where can i find those maps and can i choose difficulty level or i have to play with one presented?
4)Are those competitive games like we are posting results or just for our fun?

P.S. I am playing monarch difficulty but thinking of moving to emperor since i win over 60-70% of games on it.

It's a bunch of games/maps that anybody can play, and one of the main goals is for players to learn the game better, via the discussions in the thread, and with time become better players able to handle higher difficulty levels. Many have started playing these games at for instance Noble difficulty level, and now playing at for instance Immortal or even Deity.

You can play with any difficulty level you wish, and also choose whether to enable events or huts.

Here is the most recent game, with Pericles of Greece, and here is a thread with a collection of the more recent games. The OP in that last link isn't quite updated because the person mainly responsible for the Nobles Club maps isn't very active any more, but you can see the individual threads in the last pages of the thread as well.

The games are just for fun really, for learning, but there is also a competitive aspect in that people post their results. It's not an official competition though, like the Game of the Month or Hall of Fame.

Like Pangaea said, you play for fun and to learn. It's a great way to learn, not only from hearing comments on your own game, but you also can read write-ups by other players how they have tackled the same map, and often people post saves that you can look at to compare.

The competitive aspect is very minor. You compete mainly with yourself to improve your own game.

You are very welcome to join! :)

It's not an official competition though, like the Game of the Month or Hall of Fame.

Speaking of which, GOTM and HOF are two other great ways of having fun and fellowship with CIV IV. See my sig

NC has been going on for years and is totally open to anyone. There's s link at the top of Elites OP for the Pericles game that will take you to all the past games/maps.

Also, note that NC is located over in the Strategy & Tips forum, which is a great forum in which to improve your game.

Thankyou! I might try one of them soon.

Top Bottom