Best civ4 mod to download?

Thanks for your help guys.

I'm thinking of the Blue Marble + BUG + Better Ai.

When installing BUG, what's the /altroot option?

...SNIP...
You would struggle to find a mod out there that adds more quantity to the game than Rise of Mankind. ;)

Realism Invictus, a total conversion aimed at realism, adds crap loads more then RoM. lol Late reply to say the least but adds a suggest not mentioned prior.

Thanks for the suggestions all :)
But I'm after a mod that is historically accurate?
Like the original but with more stuff if that's possible?

I'd recommend Dawn of Civilization, a modmod of Rhye's of Civilization (like the expansion pack to the original mod). You play on an Earth map with Civs in their historical locations that spawn at their historical times.

Thanks for your help guys.

I'm thinking of the Blue Marble + BUG + Better Ai.

When installing BUG, what's the /altroot option?

K-Mod AI includes many BUG features and it is smarter than Better AI. There are balance, UI and AI improvements as well as a few new features like redesigned Global Warming, but the core Civ IV BTS style is still the same. Because the AI is stronger in K-Mod it's kinda like playing with +1 difficulty level. I personally play all my games with K-Mod and I could never go back to dumb ol' BTS AI.

Realism Invictus, a total conversion aimed at realism, adds crap loads more then RoM. lol Late reply to say the least but adds a suggest not mentioned prior.

This. Especially since the next version (currently in SVN mode, but I'm patient :p) has the cake.... Err, k-mod. Yup, that's what I meant :mischief:.

The bat mod is good. It shows more information than the usual none bat version of bts.

As post 23 said, Dawn of Civilization. It also has one of the most liveliest forums.

True. But that's the great thing about Civ Fanatics, thread necro's always bring about new input :D.

You guys ever stop to think that maybe he's been WAITING for five years?

Don't underestimate the value of Necro :D

I last played Civ4 in... uh... late 2011, maybe.

Just picked it up again last month. So, nearly 3 years of hiatus :scan:

Edit:

This. Especially since the next version (currently in SVN mode, but I'm patient :p) has the cake.... Err, k-mod. Yup, that's what I meant :mischief:.

Seriously? Latest Realism Invictus will integrate K-Mod?

Aaahh! I need to try that!!

My favourite mods are :

BUG - this is a must have ;)

FFH 2 (Fall From Heaven 2) - if You're into fantasy stuff - There are heroes, magic, cool new units and a fantastic music (there are also many mod-mods for that greatly expanding this already fantastic mod)

VIP - Very original concepts and greatly expanded gameplay ! Really great mod !

Realism Invictus - Looks very beautiful, there are cool islands, buildings, units, improvements and even water work boats (not units - those little ones to indicate You're working a tile) change graphics according to an era You're in, There are also many more civs and each and every one of them has a whole set of unique units, buildings and even unique tile improvements ! (like 'beduin camp' for example :D) ,There are many more resources, unique and interesting new concepts, great civic improvements and much more ;)

I tried BAT mod yesterday, but it doesn't seem to have installed properly. It says its BAT mod on the menu screen, but when I start a game, apart from Blue Marble graphics, nothing is different

BAT is a graphics mod. You'll notice the differences when you start meeting other civs and see their units and cities. (and cottages, and workshops...)

Remember that BAT changes none of the game mechanics.

Unless I've misread, I thought it also included BUG?

Yes, it does. And BUG's sister mod BULL. You should at least see the BUG UI when you play, and if you hover over your flag, you'll see some information on the mod pop up.

BAT is a graphics mod. You'll notice the differences when you start meeting other civs and see their units and cities. (and cottages, and workshops...)

Remember that BAT changes none of the game mechanics.

@Lemon, I'm interested in trying out BAT, however I'm running K-Mod atm, and I have to say I'm spoilt by all the improvements K-Mod brought.

Is it possible to merge them, since BAT does not change the game mechanics?

@Lemon, I'm interested in trying out BAT, however I'm running K-Mod atm, and I have to say I'm spoilt by all the improvements K-Mod brought.

Is it possible to merge them, since BAT does not change the game mechanics?
Mattygerst has done a partial mod called MMod (look for it in the K-Mod forums). I don't know much about it, though it may not be current.

It purports to have the graphics of BAT and the engine of K-Mod.

Top Bottom