It's too easy to make civs dow on other civs

I often find it hard to find allies in declaring war against other Civ, once I had a game as Carthage, and I have the Celts, Byzantines, and China as my ally; we all commonly hate England who is allied with almost all of the city-states in the game... By the time I was prepared for an all out invasion against England, none of my allies would want to attack England despite all their hatred against it, I have lots of gold and resources but yet they don't want it at all.

I think you are doing it wrong! Did you see if you could bribe England to attack the Celts, Byzantine, and China? It feels wrong, but that's how you get your friends to help! Of course, you DoW England the turn after she accepts your bribe...

If you really have lots of gold, bribe your way to allied status with as many CS as possible right before your DoW on England.

I think you are doing it wrong! Did you see if you could bribe England to attack the Celts, Byzantine, and China? It feels wrong, but that's how you get your friends to help! Of course, you DoW England the turn after she accepts your bribe...

Never tried that, it might work, thanks :D
and does it give you diplo penalty with my 'friends' ?

If you really have lots of gold, bribe your way to allied status with as many CS as possible right before your DoW on England.

I do have a lot of gold, BUT England's Gunboat Diplomacy thing have made them gain about 300+ influence with nearly all the city states that exist.
I end up bombarding all of them :crazyeye:

Last game , I bought shaka to go to war with 7 civs for 42gpt....it s nothing endgame..someone should put down this dog I think he s past rabbid....

But then again , as someone mentionned , I was bribing the whole world to go to war since early game and the world was a huge cauldron of hatred...everybody warring 2 to 3 civs at a time except me :) It was what I called a peacefull game where i tech with no wars :)

It did cost me a lot sometime (like 70gpt for one single war) , to get one to attack one's friend with the same ideology in order to break an emerging block of civ linked in the same ideology and not yours...but it was worth it , the hate is then so great , you get a refund on all the other future bribes for wars ....

Does it give you diplo penalty with my 'friends'?

Nope, they will never know! (Yes, the mechanic seems broken. If it bothers you too much, sign a Defense Pact with your friends first. This does not seem to effect the cost, and the net result is that you are now bribing England to DoW you.)

Top Bottom