A New Dawn Bug Reports and Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lead From Behind has one that has to be there, and I believe Mountains does too. You can turn both off, but leave those folders alone.

How do you turn them off? I have a brainf_rt right now?:crazyeye:

I got a wierd issues, I just conquered and razed all my cities, and my border was wierdly expanded out of proportion... it must be that fixed borders... well I want to make new cities on my newly conquered land but... recommanded city placement which I always go to will not display (the blue circle you get when you got a settler). can you fix this issue?

I got a wierd issues, I just conquered and razed all my cities, and my border was wierdly expanded out of proportion... it must be that fixed borders... well I want to make new cities on my newly conquered land but... recommanded city placement which I always go to will not display (the blue circle you get when you got a settler). can you fix this issue?

Can you give me a screenshot, showing the problem?

Hey there all, I've done a pretty extensive search through this thread and I don't believe anyone's mentioned this yet.

Workers on auto continually build railroads on my ocean tunnels, which render them useless and I have to go into world builder to delete the railroad as no unit can alter the ocean tile once it's been railroaded. This problem has pretty much ground my current game to a halt as playing on an island map I immediately constructed an enormous tunnel network linking my empire than my hordes of workers render useless as soon as they can.

Can this behavior be modified? Is it just a bug just I have?

I'd rather not manually manage two dozens workers over 5 islands.

Edit: While I'm at it, workers sometimes build forts on resource tiles, not sure if this is an AND issue or a ROM issue.

Hey there all, I've done a pretty extensive search through this thread and I don't believe anyone's mentioned this yet.

Workers on auto continually build railroads on my ocean tunnels, which render them useless and I have to go into world builder to delete the railroad as no unit can alter the ocean tile once it's been railroaded. This problem has pretty much ground my current game to a halt as playing on an island map I immediately constructed an enormous tunnel network linking my empire than my hordes of workers render useless as soon as they can.

Can this behavior be modified? Is it just a bug just I have?

I'd rather not manually manage two dozens workers over 5 islands.

Interesting, I've not seen this behavior, but I don't usually get that far. It should be easy to correct for the next release.

Edit: While I'm at it, workers sometimes build forts on resource tiles, not sure if this is an AND issue or a ROM issue.

This is normal behavior; tiles outside your city's radius, but inside your cultural borders will have forts built over them, as forts still provide access to the resource, but not the gold, food, or production benefit that they usually do. This behavior is standard Civ behavior actually.

Interesting, I've not seen this behavior, but I don't usually get that far. It should be easy to correct for the next release.

Cool, thanks :)

This is normal behavior; tiles outside your city's radius, but inside your cultural borders will have forts built over them, as forts still provide access to the resource, but not the gold, food, or production benefit that they usually do. This behavior is standard Civ behavior actually.

Ah, never having mucked around with forts much I didn't realize they still provided the resource.

I lost a square of my territory that was claimed by another Civ, and I can't figure out how to claim it back. I thought the new fixed borders feature had something to do with that. I sailed a boat over to the square that was taken from me (it's a water square), and there seems to be no option to claim it back. I'm using RoM 2.81 and A New Dawn 1.53. Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, but I'm not very experienced.

I lost a square of my territory that was claimed by another Civ, and I can't figure out how to claim it back. I thought the new fixed borders feature had something to do with that. I sailed a boat over to the square that was taken from me (it's a water square), and there seems to be no option to claim it back. I'm using RoM 2.81 and A New Dawn 1.53. Sorry if the answer to this is obvious, but I'm not very experienced.

You can only claim territory if you are at war with the other civ and you have fixed borders. There are a list of civics that give fixed borders in the civilopedia.

Should be a little flag icon you can click to pillage the square back. I don't use fixed borders tho, so I can't help much. Anyone know if it still leaves city culture when you capture + raze a city?

One issue I've got with Fixed Borders.

I joined in with another civ's never-ending war (in which nothing ever happened) against a one-city, hopelessly backward civ. Mostly because they never stopped asking me to help and were getting mad at me.

My ally had claimed the enemy's fish resource and once I took the city by virtue of actually turning up with a unit, that square remained my ally's territory even once he sailed off (It's a single tile surrounded by my tiles). It would appear that I would have to go to war just to claim this single tile surrounded on all sides by my territory.

Edit:
Just an FYI, this has been corrected in the code, as of right now. ;)

The AI will no longer build any non-sea tunnel routes over sea tunnel routes.

Fantastic! :)

Alrighty, after the discovery of the bug, i didn't made a screenshot off of the bug i first encounter, i tried to replicated the bug however i was able to only build 1 city, but then it happen again after obtaining the lots of land i got after my victory of exterminating all russians.

let me know if you want the save before the war with the russians, i easily defected the russians by just spamming 40 knights on them.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    188.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 78
  • Bug - Rise of Mankind.CivBeyondSwordSave
    373.8 KB · Views: 37
Here is a small issue I have with Fixed Broders. I just razed a newly placed Barb city.

I always have CTD when game savedata is reaching around 1500kb every other games.
Is it a bug or my computers problem?

My pc spec : cpu e5200 clocked 3.2 ghz, 3 Gb ram, geforce 9500 GT

I always have CTD when game savedata is reaching around 1500kb every other games.
Is it a bug or my computers problem?

My pc spec : cpu e5200 clocked 3.2 ghz, 3 Gb ram, geforce 9500 GT

32bit or 64bit OS?

32 bit XP professional.

Sorry for same posting twice. please delete this reply I can't find deleting button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom