[BtS] Wolfshanze's Revolution

OK, I can't figure this out. The file is there. CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS.xml
It's there, it's been there in all previous versions, and it is exactly the same as the Wolfshanze mod.... I have no idea why it's not picking up what they are saying.

Anyone have any ideas?

OK, I can't figure this out. The file is there. CIV4GameText_DiplomacyText_BTS.xml
It's there, it's been there in all previous versions, and it is exactly the same as the Wolfshanze mod.... I have no idea why it's not picking up what they are saying.

Anyone have any ideas?

This can't be the right file as none of the new Wolf leaders are listed (Hitler, Hirohito, Ho-Chi Minh, Cleopatra, Caligula & Kim Jong-il).

ABORT ABORT ABORT! Wolf himself stated he didn't make any introduction text for the new leaders:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7434975&postcount=2319

Hmmm, I supposed I'd have to add new text for them then. I don't know why 0.96 would change it so it no longer looked for the default though, it worked fine in 0.95.1

More weirdness, I'm thinking Revolution 1.65 isn't quite right unless it's only happening to me. Even though I have the Revolutions mod enabled (it says as much when I pull up my current game's settings) and have even seen Minor Civilizations spring out of AI Major Civilizations, but I can't pull up my Revolution Indexes (neither an indicator in the City Info nor via Ctrl + Shift + W). I'm seeing this in your latest build and the pure v1.65 Revolution games.

Rev Indexes are working. Maybe you got a corrupted file?

This can't be the right file as none of the new Wolf leaders are listed (Hitler, Hirohito, Ho-Chi Minh, Cleopatra, Caligula & Kim Jong-il).

ABORT ABORT ABORT! Wolf himself stated he didn't make any introduction text for the new leaders:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7434975&postcount=2319
Sorry... I'm a little confused on this (or at least I used to be)... I actually did do custom greetings for Franz, Francis, Hirohito & Hitler, but never did any for anyone else... the first four were done because they were based on earlier mods, but I later learned you could really only get the intros done and if you didn't bother, they'd use default scripts for all other diplomacy, so I never did any further work on diplomacy scripts for any of the new LHs.

I just realized that while all the LHs get normal diplomacy scripts, the ones I didn't do don't have any intro scripts... and the intro scripts for the four I did do, I never bothered to customize myself (they were just "kinda there").

I'll clean this up for v2.86, make it uniform, easy to find, cleaned in files, and give custom intros for ALL the custom LHs I've added to the Wolfshanze Mod... the old work is kinda sloppy and/or not done at all... this will all get cleaned up in the next release... and yes, I'll finally do a custom intro for Caligula amongst others!

More weirdness, I'm thinking Revolution 1.65 isn't quite right unless it's only happening to me. Even though I have the Revolutions mod enabled (it says as much when I pull up my current game's settings) and have even seen Minor Civilizations spring out of AI Major Civilizations, but I can't pull up my Revolution Indexes (neither an indicator in the City Info nor via Ctrl + Shift + W). I'm seeing this in your latest build and the pure v1.65 Revolution games.

My bad, I must have corrupted my own BtS when I tried dumping the Better AI/Dresden modified assets right there over my primary assets. I have now learned it is best to leave your Vanilla BTS unmodified for best results with the mods.

Hey Phungus,

You realize that Jdog5000 has now put up THREE incarnations of Revolution (now v1.65c), so which version did you integrate into WolfRevolution?

This is 1.64.

1.65 was not tested, it was released after WolfRev 1.1.2 actually. It will eventually make it into WolfRev, when the next RevDCM version comes out.

Edit: Not going to write diplo text for the leaders. The new leader intro text is going to be included in the next Wolfshanze build, so it'll find it's way into the mod then (Ie when I update to 1.2.0)

I misspelled the name of the WolfRevolution folder in the Inquisitions installer. So if anyone tried to install inquisitions, it wouln't have worked, files would have needed to be added manually. This is fixed now, sorry about that to anyone that tried to add Inquisitions. And if you notice something not working, please tell me. It will almost always be something like this where it is easy to fix, and was just a typo or something.

This is fixed now, sorry about that to anyone that tried to add Inquisitions.

but not save game compatible :(
now I have big religion hassles in my game that I don't want to abandon. Lucky I nabbed the pyramids. Rep makes things a lot easier.

So are the Purifier and the other file listed below it only if you installed the Iquiestion Add On and now want to remove that?

And I found a patch file in this posting string...is that a needed addition.

Guess I'm a bit confused after reading all these posts what I am supposed to download and install. Is the first page still up to date cause the down load screen shows Oct 28th

Thanks, and looking forward to playing the mod

The first and seconed post are up to date. The patch is for people who have versions 1.1.0 or 1.1.1 and want to update to 1.1.2. If you download 1.1.2 directly you don't need to patch. Basically the whole WolfRevolution mod is 385MB, the patch is 6MB, so udating is simpler with the patch, but you can do a full install if you want, also if you have an older version of WolfRevolution, 1.0.X, ie anything before 1.1.0 you'll need to do a full install of 1.1.2, the patch wol't have the necessary art files.

In terms of the add ons, they are optional. The Wolfshanze purifier removes super spies and my changes, and the Revolutions purifier makes all Revolutions default Revolution mod component values. I really don't recomend the Revolutions purifier, but some people will probably like the default way of things better (early game it's much harder, it's impossible to stop any city outside of 5 tiles from your capitol from rebelling). The Wolfshanze purifier will be overwritten by inquisitions if you install that add on though, likewise if you install the Inquisitions add on then the Wolfshanze purifier, it'll overwrite super spies and inquisition files, basically removing them.

Not sure why I hadn't noticed noticed this fine merging of mods on the beautifully created wolfshanze epic mod before but with the latest version just posted it looks like I found a good time to try it out :)

I suppose it would have been a good idea to read a little first rather than panic when my second German city rebelled and became a Spanish one, at the same time war was declared on me and a bunch of barbs on horseback paid a vist, but at least I will be prepared for that now :lol: (yeah right)

All I did do was to use a lovely set of terrain graphics from another mod and then install the optional Inquisitions addon.

I imagine it is correct when I start a game to see the Super spies 'off' be default..?

Well done with this ongoing work and I'm really glad that you have used the BUG mod as it does make playing the game far more immersive for me. :goodjob:

I imagine it is correct when I start a game to see the Super spies 'off' be default..?
Thanks. I forgot about that, it's a little line in the RevolutionInit.py file. I forgot to turn it green.... I made it from the base Inquisition add on, and forgot about that file. So no, it's supposed to be green, but yeah, it wol't effect game play. I probably wol't fix it though, it doesn't harm anything (other then look bad), but I think I'll wait till the new inquisition version comes out and RevDCM is updated to it, at which point, inquisitions will be default. I just don't want to add inquisitons right now as default because you can purge holy cities, which I think it a terrible game play feature. Once it gets updated to where I can disable purging holy cities, that will be default though, at which time I'll fix that one line in the python.

...thanks for that hint :)

revComponentsText += "<color=255,0,0,255>" + "\nSuper Spies"

to

revComponentsText += "<color=0,255,0,255>" + "\nSuper Spies"

seems to work nicely :)

Also thanks for explaining about the Inquisitions choice, I have decided to omit it for now.

I tried my first game with this engaged.

But not sure how this works. I couldn't attack another civs scouts, I couldn't enter their territory without decalring war, I thought that I was at a state of war with them all until both of us attained writing.

Honestly I didn't see any difference with this option clicked on.

Am I confused on how this should be working.

Otherwise, like the new units and civs so far. Been playing with raging barbs as usual and almost seem to be smarter barbs.

Also thanks for explaining about the Inquisitions choice, I have decided to omit it for now.

I find inqusition so interesting. I see phungus' point, but it could be almost fixed by making the probability of success for purging a holy city almost zero , couldn't it?

Anyway it's a self regulating thing for me. I don't found 'other' religions in the first place and if I conquer holy cities I just live with the consequences.

All in all, rev mod + inquisition is a rich early game IMO.

I tried my first game with this engaged.

But not sure how this works. I couldn't attack another civs scouts, I couldn't enter their territory without decalring war, I thought that I was at a state of war with them all until both of us attained writing.
You need to turn on "Start as Minor Tribes" as an option at game start up, from the custom game start up menu.

Top Bottom