Caveman 2 Cosmos

I think I have some positive criticism, nothing game breaking, just something one might want to consider in the future (if you agree with me):

I feel that there is need for rebalancing the parameters of the Revolution component in this mod. Because this was designed with the idea in mind that you have only the vanilla-means of producing culture and happiness at hand.
But in AND and C2C you have so many small buildings that producing culture, money and happiness is no problem early on. Even the civic-penalties don't make up for this. Also, religion is a good source for stability in RevDCM and religions are quite abundant in C2C.
So basically, you can expand early and fast in this mod without getting problems with internal stability of your empire. I would guess that the mod scaled overall culture production (among others) up but doesn't scale up the rev index accordingly to keep the challenge.
I feel that for a mod that seeks complexity it is a bit of a shame if one of its strongest components looses some of its impact.

How do I:
- turn off the possibility of separatist revolutions?
- disable the very annoying "domination limit"?

How do I:
- turn off the possibility of separatist revolutions?
- disable the very annoying "domination limit"?

Not sure if the first is in changeable in game, it may have to chosen at the start of a game. Have a look at the BUG options screen under RevDCM. The second is turned off under the Alerts tab of the BUG options screen.

Not sure if the first is in changeable in game, it may have to chosen at the start of a game. Have a look at the BUG options screen under RevDCM. The second is turned off under the Alerts tab of the BUG options screen.

I can turn off revolutions on custom games, but there's a way to turn off them by default, through ini (or xml?) editing. But i've forgotten which file I have to edit :(

I have a CTD when the AI is moving. I think I've work out which AI CIV is coursing it. AFAIR there is a way to change which CIV is the human one in-game, but can't remember how or seemed to find it on CFC. Can someone remember how?

I've loaded my save for the first time but all the tiles are blacked out. Trees are visible and that's it. Can anyone advise?

Great mod btw. :)

As Afforess said "I believe it has to do with a limitation in the game engine for the # of graphics the game can handle.

It has nothing to do with the map size. It has to do with the sheer amount of new graphics when loading the initial startup."

My advice if to re-download another copy and see if that helps, if not, then try the old "holding down of the SHIFT key" while loading.

Hi Strategy this mod is looking fantastic, Looks like I got some testing to do this weekend good job!

Well looky looky who is back around:p, how have you been old friend;), i have not see you around in almost a year, or more?

@strategyonly yeah been busy year and i needed a break from modding. It was frustrating doing so much work on WoC and not getting a final release out. So now I have some time again and just looking around at whats out to play and test.

Why can't I win the game by conquest?

I conquered all other civs twice (2 games) but no victory came.

I think I have some positive criticism, nothing game breaking, just something one might want to consider in the future (if you agree with me):

I feel that there is need for rebalancing the parameters of the Revolution component in this mod. Because this was designed with the idea in mind that you have only the vanilla-means of producing culture and happiness at hand.
But in AND and C2C you have so many small buildings that producing culture, money and happiness is no problem early on. Even the civic-penalties don't make up for this. Also, religion is a good source for stability in RevDCM and religions are quite abundant in C2C.
So basically, you can expand early and fast in this mod without getting problems with internal stability of your empire. I would guess that the mod scaled overall culture production (among others) up but doesn't scale up the rev index accordingly to keep the challenge.
I feel that for a mod that seeks complexity it is a bit of a shame if one of its strongest components looses some of its impact.

So nobody else thinks that the effects of Revolutions are barely noticable anymore ?

So nobody else thinks that the effects of Revolutions are barely noticable anymore ?

I think it all depends upon your civic choices, building choices and how huge your empire is. Some games I have no problems at all, while others my empire grows too fast and BAM! Revolutions taking over in an unstoppable force that just won't die no matter how many times you defeat all the rebels.

I think it all depends upon your civic choices, building choices and how huge your empire is. Some games I have no problems at all, while others my empire grows too fast and BAM! Revolutions taking over in an unstoppable force that just won't die no matter how many times you defeat all the rebels.

And thats why JosephII and I will NOT play with REV on.:mad: Thats why i didnt want to answer to soon.

While the Concept of REV is interesting, it's implementation (for me) has always fallen short( Sorry Phungus but that's how I see it).

It is just way too easy to lose control of your game and then just become a spectator while the AI plays it for you. And as Hydro pointed out no matter what you do it's basically over. All I ever asked for was a fighting chance and a means to discern the factors for keeping the rebellions from overtaking the game.

Some day when I'm feeling really masochist, I'll play a game with REV turned on. But not today or any day soon. ;)

JosEPh :)

Edit:
@Flitz,
And that's one of the reasons why I disagree that REV is one of This Mods strongest components. I actually feel that REV is a "hangover" from RoM/AND. Now the DCM component of REVDCM is useful in many aspects.

Top Bottom