[MOD] Land of our Fathers

I'll be posting the AoD2 source code next version, so you'll be able to take out any concepts you like from my mod into yours. :)

I've played both your mods, and agree wholeheartedly that the best thing to see would be a merge of the two. Everything from the latest build of AOD2, and the modified founding fathers for LoOF.

Great stuff, lads, keep putting it out & I'll keep playtesting it!

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

jenks, But you should still split them, if others wanna use the fathers part.

jenks, But you should still split them, if others wanna use the fathers part.

I do intend to - struggling at the minute as I only have web access at work!
IIRC there will only be two main files which need to be included / overwritten to bring in the new list and ordering of Fathers / Traits, simply traits.xml and fathers.xml

I'm gonna try to get it split for the start of next week :) just in time for xmas!

I've played both your mods, and agree wholeheartedly that the best thing to see would be a merge of the two. Everything from the latest build of AOD2, and the modified founding fathers for LoOF.

Great stuff, lads, keep putting it out & I'll keep playtesting it!

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

The only reason I didn't do that from the start is cause I wasn't too keen on pirates as a new nation :) though many seem to like the randomness of them ... be ace if Dale could make them a game option (nudge!)

:lol: Point taken. Besides, I'm doing a lot of work on the Pirates for the next version, so you may change your mind anyways after they are a full fledged nation with their own victory conditions. :)

Oh my god
2shared again
Could someone mirror it please.
2shared server is very very slow.My maximum download speed there is only about 3 kbps, while in the same time i download another file form another site, it reach 60kbps:sad::sad:

Oh my god
2shared again
Could someone mirror it please.
2shared server is very very slow.My maximum download speed there is only about 3 kbps, while in the same time i download another file form another site, it reach 60kbps:sad::sad:

sorry dude i get limited access to sites at work where i can upload files to!

you know or got any other suggestions of places where i can upload files for free, quickly, and without my having to sign up?

now uploaded compilation modpack:

AODII 1.04 - Land of our Fathers

Base of Mod v1.04 of Age of Discovery II

Added the below changes (from LooF v1.4)

Changed all Founding Fathers values and free units, in line with LooF 1.4
Changed all traits in game, for civilizations, Fathers and leaders
Took off 1 cargo from Carrack (LooF trait enables this anyway)
decreased native converts (increased initial missionary points convert threshold by +100%, from 1000 to 2000)
increased gold from capturing enemy colonies (up to 20 gold, +20 gold per population (was +10gold per pop) - effects noticeable when capturing large colonies)
increased growth of native villages (reduced threshold for growth by 20%, from 100 to 80)
Upped Looter from +50% to +100% gold from pillaging
Added +1 horse to stables, +2 horse to ranch, upped costs
Attack crossing river modifier now -20% (was -10%, is -10% in vanilla)
Attack from ship modifier now -40% (was -25%, is -20% in vanilla, attempt to fix a single and multiplayer exploit of loading loads of cannons on a ship and attacking without chance of counter attack)
Amended text "Reveals all Tiles with [x]" ... to "Reveals all [x]" to increase on screen space [English only]
changed text "2x as likely chance to get Treasure from Ancient ruins" (bad English!)
Added new text keys

would love to hear from anyone who has had a go at AODII 1.04 with the LooF Fathers changes - all feedback much appreciated :)

(still trying to persuade Dale that the vanilla FF just aint balanced/realistic enough!! :p)

would love to hear from anyone who has had a go at AODII 1.04 with the LooF Fathers changes - all feedback much appreciated :)

(still trying to persuade Dale that the vanilla FF just aint balanced/realistic enough!! :p)

Hey, I did PM you almost a week ago suggesting a merge of our mods. You never replied. :p

missed it! doh :p

merging AODII & LooF ... sounded good enough for me to have a go at merging the latest releases LooF 1.4 & AODII 1.04! :)

links again:
1. AODII v1.04 LooF Compilation 66Mb - on 2shared.com (click the 'click here' link bottom right part of screen)
2. AODII v1.04 LooF Compilation 66Mb - on Sendspace

Thats a "yeah count me in" :)

Wait
Does it you mean you and dale would make an AOD+LOF mod and abandon LOF and AOD project???:confused:

Frankly i hope you are.Maybe you could rename this LOF+AOD mod to unofficial patch:p.At least it much better than the vanilla:goodjob:

Top Bottom