GMR: Scarcity

Now you understand why we are fighting into another dimension :lol:

Im totally cool with it. I still have to prove I am not a push over in Civ. It is also why I try to forge alliances. Maybe we should do one in this game? So you dont feel ganged up on. Plus Germany and Japan, we could call it a "what if this happened in history scenario":deal::)

I don't use the strategy when playing the AI because they never forgive you but I count on people having shorter memories, act in their best interest and not hold a grudge.

Have we never played before or what? Ask E how long it took me to forgive him for forcing me to play with 2 cities. You are doing the exact same thing atm.

In this case you moved your unit over to the back side of my territory. I figure there is no good reason to let you do this, because you will either 1. Use the information about the terrain to plan an attack later. 2. Meet a CS and take the bonus for finding them first and that I will now have to compete with you to complete their quests. 3. Meet another Civ and give you another person you can trade lux with other than me. 4. Get a goodie hut that could have gone to me. Also with my city between your unit and your territory there is very little chance you can get him back alive without paying me off.

There was nothing behind there, and I can still get out alive. All you did now is stop yourself from improving those tiles until I can get out.

Also I like to start wars early because I think that a lot of the GMR community are just plain better than me at managing their empire and teching up fast. A lot of people have a predefined built strategy that allows them to tech up very fast and bulldoze their neighbor with advanced units. (I know you can do this because I have seen you do it) By poking at you with early units I force you to respond to me and get you off your game.

This may have actually been a good idea. Get it out early before I get musketeers and foreign legions. You just have to survive that long (see first comment, dont expect to be forgiven that easy).

Finally, there is not much reason to be peaceful early. neither one of us has anything to trade and no one can field a large enough army to take a city so there is no advantage to peace and very little risk to war.

I have furs if I remember correctly.

Plus I don't like the way you spell honor :p

I'm sorry if the rest of the world teaches english in english class. :p

Have we never played before or what? Ask E how long it took me to forgive him for forcing me to play with 2 cities. You are doing the exact same thing atm.

Then the die is cast... I am quick to violence you are slow to forgive. I will not argue which sin is the greater.

There was nothing behind there, and I can still get out alive. All you did now is stop yourself from improving those tiles until I can get out.

At the minimum I know that there are barb camps up there or at least there will be. If you weren't there I would have to fight the barbs. Now you have to fight the barbs and I just have to fight you.

I have furs if I remember correctly.

I'll give you peace for furs. Unfortunately I have nothing else to offer.

I'm sorry if the rest of the world teaches english in english class. :p

You didn't spell it wrong you just used the British way of spelling. Honor is the American way... Which makes it better :sarcasm:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have any fur connected. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a large number of ciV wars I've fought in. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my warrior go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will burn all your cities to the ground.

:popcorn:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have any fur connected. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a large number of ciV wars I've fought in. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my warrior go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will burn all your cities to the ground.

Is one of those skills intimidation?

It's not personal. In the early stages of the game I DOW with almost no provocation. If I can steal a worker or kill a scout right off the bat I almost always do it. I don't use the strategy when playing the AI because they never forgive you but I count on people having shorter memories, act in their best interest and not hold a grudge.

In this case you moved your unit over to the back side of my territory. I figure there is no good reason to let you do this, because you will either 1. Use the information about the terrain to plan an attack later. 2. Meet a CS and take the bonus for finding them first and that I will now have to compete with you to complete their quests. 3. Meet another Civ and give you another person you can trade lux with other than me. 4. Get a goodie hut that could have gone to me. Also with my city between your unit and your territory there is very little chance you can get him back alive without paying me off.

Also I like to start wars early because I think that a lot of the GMR community are just plain better than me at managing their empire and teching up fast. A lot of people have a predefined built strategy that allows them to tech up very fast and bulldoze their neighbor with advanced units. (I know you can do this because I have seen you do it) By poking at you with early units I force you to respond to me and get you off your game.

Also, I am hoping to extract some sort of peace agreement that will help guarantee the future of my empire. For example in this game I really don't want to see you put up a city between our capitals. (They are close together and I don't think there is room for us each to have a city between) I figure it would be easier to fight you for the land now and never let you settle it than deal with you after you already have a city place there.

Finally, there is not much reason to be peaceful early. neither one of us has anything to trade and no one can field a large enough army to take a city so there is no advantage to peace and very little risk to war.

Sorry if I am a bit of a nuance to start the game next to. But it can't be any worse than someone who techs up to a particular unit purchases a huge army and takes your entire empire it one fell swoop without any warning. Or could it? :D

Plus I don't like the way you spell honor :p

I got similar warning in the other game but luckily not an attack straight away.

I think scouting is the main theme of early civilisation play. Some players invested in scout or scouts earlier to get ruins or early map information. Some players prefer going monument and get faster policy. Some players like early granery.

but this is rare that you will deny early scouting in such aggressive way. Now we are used to your play style, but I think scouting is the right of a civilisation to know the map and meet other civilisations.

Plus you may lose a potential ally in case you are attacked and not prepared.

It is unrealistic that a civilization should have knowledge of the entire world at 1000BC. If you want to invest in scouts there are some big pay offs but it is dangerous. If you want to get past me you can always pay me off. (I will usually take a bribe). After you get caravels then it becomes a little easier. And satellites will get you the rest. But I feel that there is a huge advantage to the interior of my empire appearing as a large white cloud and I will not give that up for free. I understand that some players feel they have a right to explore but I feel that I have the right to throw up the iron curtain and if that can't be reconciled then there will be war. But I'm going to have the advantage because I am going to be fighting closer to home and have shorter supply lines. And if you don't want to be friends because I won't play poker with all my cards face up on the table well then were not going to be friends.

which way? we are going west if that's ok. we've lost a ascout during the vacation mode. Dont want to lose this one.

Sorry. North to safety my friend. If you head west you will hit a dead end, then you will have to come back. Then you will have to pay a bribe or I will kill him.

Sorry. North to safety my friend. If you head west you will hit a dead end, then you will have to come back. Then you will have to pay a bribe or I will kill him.

West is dead end? ok thanks for the info. We will go north then west.

I have taken over for Onan. Looking forward to this game.

So I skimmed through the thread after I took my turn. . . quite the ride :):mad::lol::eek::confused::crazyeye::nuke:

I've taken the reigns of the Danes! Not entirely sure why I'm at war with Napoleon, but as he seems to be fully fortified on my borders. . . it must be a good reason!

The trouble with Germany in this game. . . Did anyone consider how much easier barbs are to kill when it's on Chieftain difficulty? You'll get a lot more than 4 units by Ren, even on quick with how easy the barbs are to kill. Especially if you go honor track starter. . . with raging barbs on, it pays for itself quite quickly.

And who the heck doesn't ban the Netherlands on scarce resources?!:mad::mad::mad:

Well, I hope to play well here. Your :viking: friend.

@Napoleon: May your rule be swift and ineffective! :satan:

Top Bottom