Why are you here?

Hey! I've played the mod for a while and have lurked the civfanatics forums, but I, until now, have not joined or posted!

Just want you to know that my first post is HERE, because this is the best mod I've seen so far!!!

Oh, and a quick question: do the races matter in "light", I mean are dwarves friendlier towards each other than they are to, say, orcs? or elves?

(If not I think it would be a nice addition)

Hey! I've played the mod for a while and have lurked the civfanatics forums, but I, until now, have not joined or posted!

Just want you to know that my first post is HERE, because this is the best mod I've seen so far!!!

Oh, and a quick question: do the races matter in "light", I mean are dwarves friendlier towards each other than they are to, say, orcs? or elves?

(If not I think it would be a nice addition)

Not currently. The only civs that would qualify for this are the luchuirp and the khazad (both dwarves). The two elven nations hate each other, and everyone else is only the only example of that race or human (the vast majority).

So we havent considered the bonus since it would only apply to 2 civs.

Hmm, a possibility of a unique diplomatic power unfolds...

Dwarves: +2, you are kin
Elves: -2, you are a traitor to your race
Human: +1, you aren't a freak of a race/ -1, your race scares me

lol

Just wanted to stop in and add to the lauds that seem to be placed in this thread. Civ 4 was off my hard drive and collecting dust when an rpg.net thread sent me this way. Since then, FfH has become a small obsession and completely revitalized my interest in the game. I've seen a lot of mod communities, but the excitement and progress here are really difficult to match. The work done to this point is amazing and it's stunning to see 6 patches already hit in such a short span of time. Well done - I'm really looking forward to seeing what comes next and to commenting along the way.

First thank you for the Mod, it's hard now to return and play the normal civ4 or warlords for that matter.
Although I recently started to play Fall from heaven and I have a few posts but i have been keeping up with the forums and reading whenever I can.
I do have a small suggestion, which is breaking down the civilizations alignment. I read that some of the things this mod is based on is D&D. So i though making civilizations more Unique in defining their alignment. For example the Grigori Would be suited as True Neutral, While the Bannor could be Lawful Good and so on.
Something else I noticed is that the Dimensional mana is under used. More spells would be nice i think.
Well that's all for now, And If I could help with anything, Well Most what I do is writing, Photo Editing or translation Please ask, it's the least I can Do. :D

Hey! I am on the civfanatics only because of the FFH2 mod. This mod is the best fantasy game I have ever played on the strategic level, and it has this vanilla civ flavor as well. I do not play vanilla civ anymore since I have found out about this mod.

I cant wait until you guys will finish the last phase.

First thank you for the Mod, it's hard now to return and play the normal civ4 or warlords for that matter.
Although I recently started to play Fall from heaven and I have a few posts but i have been keeping up with the forums and reading whenever I can.
I do have a small suggestion, which is breaking down the civilizations alignment. I read that some of the things this mod is based on is D&D. So i though making civilizations more Unique in defining their alignment. For example the Grigori Would be suited as True Neutral, While the Bannor could be Lawful Good and so on.
Something else I noticed is that the Dimensional mana is under used. More spells would be nice i think.
Well that's all for now, And If I could help with anything, Well Most what I do is writing, Photo Editing or translation Please ask, it's the least I can Do. :D

lawful and such is being built into civ personalities and isn't defined as generic "lawful" or "chaotic" persay, but rather as the way the civs act

I'm here because this mod is better than the original game. The only version of Civ I have more hours played than this mod is Test of Time... and well, that's because I've owned ToT longer. :D.

the answer to the question "why am i here?" is completely impossible to answer because there is no way you know why you are at one location instead of another without tracing back to the meaning of life witch will make you ponder so long you'll probobly die.

the answer to the question "why am i here?" is completely impossible to answer because there is no way you know why you are at one location instead of another without tracing back to the meaning of life witch will make you ponder so long you'll probobly die.

Dont ever become a cartographer, I don't want to have to get existential to find I-70.

Heh, completely offtopic but I only registered at CivFanatics because of this mod, and I have 0 posts outside of the FfH forum...

Hehehe, I see we're in the same boat. In fact I created my account to ask Kael a question back in the first FFH versions. :p :lol: But yes, the community is so great, the game is so amazing and fun, it just compels you to share stories and post and put in input. So much of FFH is great and just awesome. :goodjob: It's quite the masterpiece. We don't have "flaming n00bs" yet, and there's always regulars ready to answer questions, even dumb ones like mine >.> In very nice welcoming manners.

It's really FFH and it's beautiful world, The creators who are a great team and great people, and the beautiful community, that just makes it all a tear jerking masterpiece. :king:

First the dark magic setting gathered my interest, then I lurked more into this forum and discovered what a huge amount of storytelling and excellent gameplay-development this mod combines. Kael and the team, you have produced a piece of art. I love it! Thank you so much! I even decided to read an H.P. Lovecraft book (don't know which to begin with. if anyone has a good advice?) to learn more about cthuhlu and the octopus overlords...

Because Hot Seat Marathon with 3 nations is more than anyone can take.....Ask me cuz, I know first hand and if you are gonna do it. Use all on 1st so you start as allies otherwise the other guys hurt you badly and often. :crazyeye: But seriously after round 800 you should be on top depending on the difficulty but that is where the strategy change comes in.:lol: It is the first turn based game that has taken monthes of work to develop..ONE game! Wow! I really like this Mod to this Game and believe everyone should be convinced to play it in the future! :lol::D :) I'm not joking about the fact that it should be played by everyone........It just makes me laugh!
The exestentialist
Dont ever become a cartographer, I don't want to have to get existential to find I-70.
Vs......Transendentalism?;) How are we gonna figure out what I-70 thinks about its location? Ask the Dwarves one of them will know.

Why am I here? To connect with other participants in this grand experiment. It must be shared in order to be fully appreciated. I want to be able to say: "Can you believe how great this is?" and to then have others say: "No, I just can't. The Ffh2 mod is just too good to be believed."

So, can you peeps believe how great the Ffh mod is?

No, I just can't. The Ffh2 mod is just too good to be believed.

;)

Top Bottom