FfH2 Bug Thread

Just curious, why do you even do that?
Pretty much strictly at the end of a domination push to maximize culture output over the last few turns (with the switch boosted by a golden age or spiritual). Of course I always forget and get to spend 4 minutes reloading civ as a result of my desire to shave maybe 1 turn at best.

Yes, it was disabled. If you're not in a permanent alliance, you could war him to claim it.

I think you misunderstand what I am saying. We set the game up as a team game. We share research. When he builds a wonder we both get the benefits. His great people can settle and use their abilities in my cities. When my units cast spells both of our units get the benefit. We CANNOT declare war on each other.

We also cannot gift units to each other. In BTS team members can gift units back and forth. In a previous version of FFH the gifting of arcane units was causing a bug where they received a free promotion when they were gifted because the game considered them newly built arcane units. This bug allowed a team of human players to gift archmages back and forth several times to get all of the available promotions without needing to get any experience. I was asking if this bug caused the developers to disable the feature of gifting units to allies.

The inability to gift units has a downside. I cannot gift defenders to my ally as he takes cities over. I cannot gift units with items to him either (like the example I gave above with Orthus Axe). I cannot gift him an experienced unit (level 6+ to meet requirements) to him to upgrade to a tier 4 unit. I cannot gift great people to him (although I can use their abilities in his cities).

Another thing that we noticed is that while wonder effects are shared, ritual effects are not. He built the Guild of Hammers and we both got a forge in every city. He built the Blood of the Phoenix and only HIS units got the immortal promotion. This may be a feature.

There seem to be a lot of quirks in multiplayer games. We did not experience excessive crashes and OOS errors that a lot of other people have reported.

I'm not at home atm so I can't check your save, but the problem could be that Stasis was cast. Look on the right hand side above all of the leader names. If Stasis has been cast, it'll say something like, "Production suspended for X turns" and "Research suspended for X turns."

Yep, you're right. I should have caught that; I've just never had that world spell hit while I was in anarchy. ..fritz..

The God King civic says that it give +50% :hammers: and +50% :commerce: in the Capital, but it only appears to give :hammers: and NOT :commerce:.

The God King civic says that it give +50% :hammers: and +50% :commerce: in the Capital, but it only appears to give :hammers: and NOT :commerce:.

The God King civic should give +50% :gold: , not :commerce:. still it should display the :gold: icon. I haven't really looked carefully at the civic screen recently so maybe that's messed up.

I don't know what sort of issue this is ... but late game on marathon games (turn 900+) if I load a game without restarting the program I get a CTD while on the loading screen mid loading bar ... I've always had this issue, just never mentioned it ...

and ...

Thanks for the new thread...

no chatting ...

Yes, it was disabled. If you're not in a permanent alliance, you could war him to claim it.

you can also capture it with a NH unit; although, I'm not sure about that since you're playing teams ???

Having some weird behavior with my good friend Rathus Denmora in a Sidar game, with patch q.

Multiple times after combat, Rathus has had... the wrong amount of 'movement' left (1 or 2, when he should have none). He still can't MOVE, but the display is showing the wrong amount of movement. Seems to occur when he attacks while being hidden, but that might be a coincidence.

See attachment where he should have 0 move, but is shown to having 2.

Attachments

• 40qSandy AD-0221.CivBeyondSwordSave
    249.7 KB · Views: 327
The Calabim Governor's Mansion still gives +1 hammer per Angry Face instead of +1 hammer per Angry Citizen. Is this working as intended? If so, I could provide some save games as to why its a bad idea!

I'm pretty sure that's exactly as intended.

If it was per angry citizen, it would be almost useless.
The way it is, is possibly a little overpowered, but I don't think it's broken.

Yeah, perhaps +0.5 hammers per angry face would be more appropiate.

Also, irresistable longing for patch 'r'. Please fix this. :drool:

To Empiness:
The SG did not abandon me for failing to follow his required religion.

Stygian Guards and the Drown don`t abandon you when you change religion. I think that only heroes can abandon your empire.

short question to make sure i understand the upcoming changes of patch "r" right:

34. Lumbermills moved form Iron Working to Archery, Iron Working gives an addition +1 hammers.
so lumbermills will be able to give a +2 hammer in total? will we be able to built it in ancient forest?

36. Watermill moved from Engineering to Calendar, given +1 food
will the +1 hammer of a windmill remain or is it +1 food instead?

37. Mines reduced from +2 hammers to +1 hammers.
is there any adjustment for mines later on to get 2 hammer again?

What's going on with lumbermills vs. mines, then?? Why would you bother building mines if they produce less that lumbermills and also kill the health bonus from the forests you cut down? Right, there's the chance to discover a resource, but I'd say mines should anyway produce more than mills, no?

i was thinking about the same aroldo. kael mentioned to improved lumbermills, but he didnt mention to sacrifice mines thatfor :(
also, this means most of the time i will go for fol priest and have to plant trees, and thats a lot of micromanagement which turns out into work (reason i dont like to play elves) and the chance to discouver a resource is soooo low, that its really not worth it.

Consider that having a Lumbermill means you don't get the hammers from chopping the forest. Though, with this change I would suggest adding the +50%-100% hammer bonus from cutting forests to some tech? Maybe +50% to Construction or Engineering, and +50% to Machinery?

And if mines are reduced to +1 hammer I feel they will start becoming underused. Just like Cottages are underused now vs Aristocracy farms (Big trend now it seems).

34. Lumbermills moved form Iron Working to Archery, Iron Working gives an addition +1 hammers.
so lumbermills will be able to give a +2 hammer in total? will we be able to built it in ancient forest?

Well we can't lumbermill ancient forests now. I don't see anything to suggest that'll change.

Hey There,
Noticed a bug, i think, not sure if it has already been mentioned:
Whenever Khazad shadow attacks and wins and then tries to attack the same stack again the enemy stack gets moved without a fight. The Shadow now occupies the enemy original cell.
Similar thing happen when attacking a city: on the second run, shadow just enters, captures the workers, but the city is still in the hands of the enemy and his troops are still there as well.
Is that supposed to be like that?

Also, I was able to cast the Mother Lode by a land unit, and on the next turn it was still available to the Queen of The Line. Shouldn't it be available only once?

PS Using patch q.

Thx!

To Empiness:
The SG did not abandon me for failing to follow his required religion.
Stygian Guards and the Drown don`t abandon you when you change religion. I think that only heroes can abandon your empire.

Strange, but I just tested this and you are correct. My Priests of Leaves didn't abandon me when I switched to OO, and the Stygian Guard (as well as some Drown I built during the waiting period) didn't abandon me when I switched back. I thought that units which displayed "Religion: [religion]" in their mouse-over text were tied to that religion and would abandon you if you didn't follow it. Obviously that's not true.

Does this text serve any purpose? It seems needlessly confusing and not helpful. Perhaps it should be removed. Or, if these units are indeed intended to be tied to a specific state religion then they should be changed to abandon a civ that belongs to a different one.

-------------

I see a cosmetic issue thread now; it must have been buried when I was looking for it before. Perhaps it should be sticky, or at least there should be a link to it added to Kael's first post in this thread, like the link to the scenarios subforum.

Top Bottom