warcraft mod

HOLY MOLY!!! 500MB i wish i had faster internet... lolcan't u srink it using 7z? just wondering :D

Downloaded the alpha today, had a crash about 7 turns in playing as quel'thalas. Other than it seems to be a good mod. I'll provide more feedback after I've had more playtime.

crash info:
Spoiler :
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Civ4BeyondSword.exe
Application Version: 3.1.9.0
Application Timestamp: 4a0c27e6
Fault Module Name: CvGameCoreDLL.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4a50bc33
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00103bb0
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 8485
Additional Information 2: 84853502223d8164a31468861a7c3d71
Additional Information 3: a4ea
Additional Information 4: a4eacf9d27e5ee8cb3a70ac0035eb8ab

Here are the following problems i've found so far playing the alpha:
1) When leaders are defeated they play their original fall from heaven leader defeats
2) The Azeroth map crashes if you try to play it with warcraft mod (it works with regular civilization however)
3) Leaders say all of their original Fall from heaven 2 greetings as well

Also personally I feel like you made too many leaders good - take some of them down to neutral IMO if i can think of anything else ill post it.

What you've got is certainly interesting. Unfortunately, the game crashed before I had a chance to really see very much.

First thoughts: A lot of the unique features seem to just be "spawns barbarian units until destroyed". For some of them this makes sense, but for others less so. For instance, I started off with both the Caverns of Time and Onyxia's lair within my BFC. I moved the warrior onto CoT and got some gold out of it before any barbarians spawned. But it doesn't really make sense for the bronze dragonflight to be hostile barbarians anyway, nor for CoT to be destroyed. I then moved the warrior onto Onyxia's lair, but that was not destroyable, and so a few turns later, Onyxia herself spawned (not held) and killed my scout. As soon as combat finished, the game crashed. If you're going to have big dragons spawning so early on, they really do need to be held.

Secondly, I noticed that you could found Elune from Mysticism, which seems rather early on to me. It's not necessarily a bad thing, so long as steps are taken to ensure balance, but it seemed to me that all the other religions followed the standard FFH paradigm, which would leave Elune being the odd one out. I think it's not quite balanced to have it available so early, especially since you need Mysticism for the other religions anyway, so you're basically getting a double bonus. Saying that, I couldn't see what units were available to the different religions, so I dunno.

I also noticed that a world wonder (Altar of Storms, I think?) was available right off the bat, which is interesting. Not necessarily bad, but tricky to balance, especially since it seems to give a lot of GPP.

Lastly, from what I could tell, it looks like Alonsus Chapel is the equvalent of the Altar of the Luonnotar? If so, it doesn't really make sense for almost any of the civs/religions to be able to build it. A universally available victory condition should not be religion-specific, especially since any civ can found/follow any religion. And on the note of religions, I notice you've got the Cult of Forgotten Shadow as basically a clone of AV. I'm not sure that really works, since the Cult has none of the forbidden knowledge vibe that AV has.

Nevertheless, there's some awesome potential here. Really do need to work on the stability though.

Americo,

I hope I get a chance to try this out, I (and I'm sure many others) always appreciate people trying to make mods/additions etc.

I might recommend your moving this thread to the Modmod section, though - in that case, I think people 'looking' for modmodding will see it more easily and you will probalby get more people to try it.

Best wishes,

Breunor

thanks for the first suggestion, i hope that some moderator can move this post to modmod section.
i'm fixing some of the bug, for example i've fixed the religion prereq

continue to feel free to post the suggestion, i'm reaaaaaaly interested about the suggestion for fixing the crush, after all i'll fix the text of the mod

the azeroth map isn't already done

I was just about to make my own mod for warcraft when i stumbled on this one. Downloading it now. If you need anything to do with xml (which you probably dont right now) or lore of warfcraft.

I was thinking of making a Scenario based on Warcraft I, but found this.

As for my idea, I was thinking along the lines of:

Humans

Peasent=The Hungarian Worker in the database
Footman=Charlemagne Heavy Swordsman
Archer=Crossbowman
Knight=Default
Catapult=Default
Cleric=FfH Mage
Conjurer=FfH Archmage

Orcs

Peon=FfH Orcish Slave
Grunt=FfH Orcish Axeman with normal axe
Spearman=FfH Orcish Warrior
Wolf Rider=Orcish Warrior riding a wolf
Catapult=Default
Necrolyte=FfH Orcish Shaman
The Dead=FfH Skeleton
Warlock=FfH Orcish Shaman with some Bling of War

Finished downloading the file and then Megaupload gave me viruses resulting in me re formatting my computer. Excited to play it, looks really good.

Level 80 Elite Tauren Chieftain should replace Either Globe Theater, Broadway or Hollywood.

gave virus? how it is possible? is it happened to anyone else?

no not from the game from megaupload, the website you put the download on.

Made a Northrend Map if you want to make a scenario in northrend or whatever. Or just to play on it. Download it here.

Top Bottom