Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Nice work!

And your username should be MathSilda ;)

Blast to the past!

What's this page supposed to look like? This (FF 3.6):

You could have used the edit button..an why not start one yourself?

I did but it closed down. Darn.

Question: Why is it against the rules to mention someone is on ban. I dont see really how its a PDMA. Because you dont have a specific action to discuss. (Unless it's "Member did something and got permbanned for it" or whatever) And its kind of silly if someone asks "What happened to member" and another person says "I think/I know he got banned" and the person gets an infarction or warning for saying that.

Because we're trying to protect the banned user from his own misdeed. By allowing him to quietly return to posting when his term is up, without people knowing he has been naughty.

And to deal with some who seem to think that been banned is some kind of badge of honor.

<shrugs>

Because we're trying to protect the banned user from his own misdeed. By allowing him to quietly return to posting when his term is up, without people knowing he has been naughty.

And to deal with some who seem to think that been banned is some kind of badge of honor.

<shrugs>

Who would think its a badge of honor? I can see why it would either be annoying or you not caring that much (It happens to annoy me) but why would anyone WANT a ban?

No, they don't want to be banned per se. What they really want to do is to tell the whole wide world 'I am so god awesome that they banned me'.

There's a slight difference there.

No, they don't want to be banned per se. What they really want to do is to tell the whole wide world 'I am so god awesome that they banned me'.

There's a slight difference there.

The only reason I can think of for wanting people to know you are banned is:

A: So they will agree with your anger about the issue or

B: So they won't wonder where you are.

I'm kinda surprised people think trolling or flaming makes them "Awesome." :lol:

I think temp banned users should be flagged as being suspended (or banned if permabanned).

There's a way to find out if someone is on a ban anyway.

You can check their user profile.

No Wall = on a ban

On most forums a banned user can't view the board at all. Here they just cant post. Whys that?

I think it's so they can PM the mods and try and get the infraction reversed.

Because its pointless, they could just log out and see the forum anyway

Top Bottom