My Challenge: Prove that Swift Boat Veterans for the Truth are telling the Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sims2789

Fool me once...
Well, go on. Start showing evidence to back up your claims.

Evidence against Swift Boat:

..."John Kerry has not been honest about what happened in Vietnam," says George Elliott, Mr. Kerry's former commanding officer. But it was then-Lt. Cmdr. Elliott who recommended Mr. Kerry for the Silver and Bronze stars, commending him as "calm, professional and highly courageous in the face of enemy fire." In a 1969 evaluation Mr. Elliott had this to say: "In a combat environment often requiring independent, decisive action, LTJG Kerry was unsurpassed."

"I know John Kerry is lying about his first Purple Heart because I treated him for that injury," says Dr. Louis Letson. Dr. Letson isn't listed on Mr. Kerry's medical record at the time. That doesn't disprove his claim to have treated Mr. Kerry, who received a superficial shrapnel injury to his arm. But neither does the account of Dr. Letson or others about the incident indicate that Mr. Kerry was lying. Mr. Kerry's wound doesn't seem to have amounted to much, but he didn't claim it did -- nor does that make him ineligible for a Purple Heart.

Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A58315-2004Aug11.html?nav=rss_opinion

shadowdude said:
Who said that they are telling the truth? (other than them)

Some people believe them. I want those people to back up their belief.

I'd prefer to let them justify themselves- how helpful! they have a website that talks about their claims.
http://www.swiftvets.com/index.php?topic=WarCrimes

Kerry testified before the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations on April 22, 1971, telling the Senators and a national audience that American troops "...had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Ghengis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam..."

He accused the U.S. military of committing war crimes "on a day-to-day basis with the full awareness of officers at all levels of command."

I would be more concerned about wether or not those statements are the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom