Caveman 2 Cosmos

The red glow from a general would be better anyhow... but I'm not understanding why the glow can't be transferred from one model to any other?

The red glow from a general would be better anyhow... but I'm not understanding why the glow can't be transferred from one model to any other?

Its complicated somehow. More then normal weapon copy/paste work.

God Emperor showed an understanding of it some time back... maybe try pming him (and cc me on any response cuz I'm curious too ;) ) to see what he knows about it.

Is there any way to completely take barbarians and animals out of the game. I checked the no barb option in my latest game but the map is infested by barb animals to the point that exploration is impossible even with strength 4 units. I'm willing to bet this is also a major reason why they ai is so messed up.

Is there any way to completely take barbarians and animals out of the game. I checked the no barb option in my latest game but the map is infested by barb animals to the point that exploration is impossible even with strength 4 units. I'm willing to bet this is also a major reason why they ai is so messed up.

The No Barbarian option should turn of all barbarians - barbarians, animals and Neanderthals.

You could also set the spawn rates in the A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.XML fount in Assets/XML folder to 0. Search for NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER and set that one and the animal ones under it to zero. However that is what the No Barbarian option is supposed to do anyway.

The No Barbarian option should turn of all barbarians - barbarians, animals and Neanderthals.
I havent not saw any fighter barbs such as archers or homoneaderthals but the map is loaded with animals. One or 2 on EVERY square.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 65
No barbs does not turn off animals now.

Still... Hunters can usually cut through as many animals as they can find so I disagree that it would be making things that tough for the AI.

No barbs does not turn off animals now.

Still... Hunters can usually cut through as many animals as they can find so I disagree that it would be making things that tough for the AI.
They need to be toned down I think. I'm losing strength 4 neaderthal warriors to them all over the map. One or 2 of them on EVERY square is just too much. At this rate it'll take swordmen to get the map explored. And i still do not like what happened to diplomacy either. I'm going back to ver33.

They need to be toned down I think. I'm losing strength 4 neanderthal warriors to them all over the map. One or 2 of them on EVERY square is just too much. At this rate it'll take swordsmen to get the map explored. And i still do not like what happened to diplomacy either. I'm going back to ver33.

They are "normal" if you dont play on that NO Barb stuff, so if you play with No Barbs your asking for more of everything else, and especially if you have Rev On.

I like more animals for it gives me more opportunities to "subdue" them critters - especially if and when I build Hunters...
Of note, I see more animals when
1) playing on higher difficulty levels.
2) hanging out with an attractive female...

You could also set the spawn rates in the A_New_Dawn_GlobalDefines.XML fount in Assets/XML folder to 0. Search for NEANDERTHAL_SPAWN_MODIFIER and set that one and the animal ones under it to zero. However that is what the No Barbarian option is supposed to do anyway.
Thanks for pointing that out. That helped me out a lot. I do see why the animals need to be there, but not quite as many as I was getting to spawn. I cut them by 33% and will start a game and see how that works out.

They need to be toned down I think. I'm losing strength 4 neaderthal warriors to them all over the map. One or 2 of them on EVERY square is just too much. At this rate it'll take swordmen to get the map explored. And i still do not like what happened to diplomacy either. I'm going back to ver33.

You're doing it wrong. To clear the animal units you should make hunter type units. They have huge built-in bonuses against animals. Recon units are also pretty good, but not being able to attack limits their options. The free xp from the master hunter building is likely to get you one more promotion than you get on a melee unit.

The actual Hunter unit is vastly stronger than a neanderthal when fighting animals: strength 3 with a built-in 225% bonus vs. the wild animals. The earlier Tracker unit is strength 2 with a built-in 125% bonus vs. the wild animals, making it roughly as good as a neanderthal warrior, but it has 2 movement which can be good if you need to run away from something (like a barbarian Neanderthal).

The hunter type units that come later than the Hunter are even better. No wild animal is any threat to a Ranger. Even multiple random animals attacking on one turn are not likely to kill a Ranger since they are strength 5 with a built-in bonus of 325% which puts them up at strength 21.25 without even considering any promotions. Fortified on a forested hill they are effectively invulnerable to animals.

They are "normal" if you dont play on that NO Barb stuff, so if you play with No Barbs your asking for more of everything else, and especially if you have Rev On.

So, playing with No Barbarians actually increases animal spawn? How could anyone be expected to know that?

build hunting instructions in your starting city, which gives all new units +50% versus animals. Then build spiked clubmen (str 3) and place them on tiles with +75% defense bonus. That should be enough to win multiple battles against animals (except mammoths).

Initially, keep them very close to your city borders so they can retreat if they get banged up too hard. Later, let them move around in pairs so one can protect the other one while it is healing. As a rule, always defend, not attack, unless the animal is very weak and you will end up on a tile with good defense bonus after the attack.

Note that hunting instructions give a minor malus on melee, so you should promote it versus melee as soon as possible, to defend against Neanderthals. The malus is the reason I only build hunting instructions in one city, and not my main military unit production city later in the game.

So, playing with No Barbarians actually increases animal spawn? How could anyone be expected to know that?

That does seem to be the case with the animals though. I started a new game last night with the barbarians on and a fairly small change to the spawn rate to animals. They went from covering the map to being almost nonexistent. I dont think my change to their spawn rate impacted them like that.

As Spock would say, "Elementary my Friend" take something out that is used to being there and MORE will be of the others.

Because it is totally logical to assume that the animals are not barbarians? You know, what with the black flags, not entering cultural borders, working together, attacking non-barbarian units...

So, I haven't played in a while, and started playing this mod again, and my future civ is doing good. Turn times on Small map are not silly long, on Marathon.

I've found a few oddity though, and I don't know if they've been fixed in the SVN or not, but I can no longer build any city founding settler types and found new cities. I'm at 20 cities.

I wouldn't need to build more cities, but the Super cloning world wonder that gives you essentially one of every animal/plant, somehow requires 25 cities. I think that needs to be scaled to map size.

Otherwise on Large maps, you'd probably need 100 cities. :)
I don't know if the 25 was intended, or scale issues, but getting 5 cities high enough to build those is going to be a bit problematic.
I can build immigrants, but without cities to found, those population boosts won't do much.
Guess I can see if my vassals and my allies want to give away a city. :)

Oh, and the great Farmer says it can build sheep resources, but it is not an option when you try to use him. GAh.

Because it is totally logical to assume that the animals are not barbarians? You know, what with the black flags, not entering cultural borders, working together, attacking non-barbarian units...

They will more than likely be a different entity entirely soon...

Top Bottom