Caveman 2 Cosmos

I tested different mods for CIV with BTS as for instance Thomas_War_v2.1_Mult.
All of them have an interface which is correct. I intended to replace the file CvPath.py from their mod inside your mod but I have not always the screen.

What I think is that this does not depend of this file only. And it is a bit without sense to change a file which has not exactly the same utilization of the variables in Python.

To sum up, I think you have a problem in your code in a different file which creates the problem. I have a good knowledge in computer science, I have a Master degree in the field, if you give me the files not compiled I could help you to fix it. However, if you are able to fix it alone, it is fine.

I tested different mods for CIV with BTS as for instance Thomas_War_v2.1_Mult.
All of them have an interface which is correct. I intended to replace the file CvPath.py from their mod inside your mod but I have not always the screen.

What I think is that this does not depend of this file only. And it is a bit without sense to change a file which has not exactly the same utilization of the variables in Python.

To sum up, I think you have a problem in your code in a different file which creates the problem. I have a good knowledge in computer science, I have a Master degree in the field, if you give me the files not compiled I could help you to fix it. However, if you are able to fix it alone, it is fine.

Actually i have no problem at all when i downloaded the MOD myself, its just those that have Vista or Civ4 Complete or use different language than English. I have no crashes nothing. So its really not the files its more or less where people put the folder and change names , all kinds of things.
But as far as i know, all files are good to go.:rolleyes:
But if you want to take a look, have at it, you can d/l it from the d/l site.
And thx for the offer, more than some would do.

Everything worx great, one issue with multiplayer....

When either player uses the archer barrage the game goes OOS. The computer can use it fine and it causes no errors. I remember something like this occurring with early version of fall from heaven with magic spells.

Could you upload your mod somewhere more reliable? Filefront is useless for those of us with slow connections, due to the inevitable errors and Filefront's lack of support for download managers.

If you want, I've got some web space I can offer.

Could you upload your mod somewhere more reliable? Filefront is useless for those of us with slow connections, due to the inevitable errors and Filefront's lack of support for download managers.

If you want, I've got some web space I can offer.

OK fire, i dont know of anything else that has a fast d/l speed. :confused:
Pls dont say rapid share, its waaay to slow for d/ling.

hi there, I've extracted the mod but it doesn't seem to do anything! I get the normal BTS menu with 'Next War Advanced' written in the top right hand corner, but no new civs and playing it it just runs a game of normal BTS. Am I being foolish?

Becareful when you extract the files, you built a folder with the name :
Next_War_Advanced
You mustn't copy this folder in your folder C:program Files/........../Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods.
If you enter in your extracted folder Next_War_Advanced, you have an other folder (without _ ) Next War Advanced, is this folder you must copy in your folder C:program Files/........../Sid Meier's Civilization 4/Beyond the Sword/Mods.

I hope you understand my english.

I found a solution to my bug. The bug is in your file CvMainInterface.py in the directory screen. I changed this one from the same in the mod Thomas' War v2.1 Multi.

So now I have the screen :)

This is a temporary solution, I looked all headers, I think that the problem is in this big file.

I am happy to be able to play now. If you want some help to fix it, we should discuss of what you have done and what happen exactly, because I am sure this can happen a new time for people who do not know well computers.

However, there is always the bug for French people with their menu. I think it is just a question of translation. I think you have already a French translater, but if you want a new one, I am here :)

Keep going for the mod.

I found a solution to my bug. The bug is in your file CvMainInterface.py in the directory screen. I changed this one from the same in the mod Thomas' War v2.1 Multi.
So now I have the screen :)
This is a temporary solution, I looked all headers, I think that the problem is in this big file.
I am happy to be able to play now. If you want some help to fix it, we should discuss of what you have done and what happen exactly, because I am sure this can happen a new time for people who do not know well computers.
However, there is always the bug for French people with their menu. I think it is just a question of translation.
Keep going for the mod.

Trouble with using that it does not have the Archery Barrage that is needed to use it then, and all archers are well, just archers. And then you might as well not use them because they are really useless without a barrage. In my opinion.
And its the exact same CvMainInterface as RoM has except adding Archery Barrage stuff.

I can load it up fine, but when I start a game, I am missing the HUD and have only a total view of the game field.

I can load it up fine, but when I start a game, I am missing the HUD and have only a total view of the game field.

Have you gone thru the FAQ's i put in the beginning of the MODs thread?
I believe its post # 8. Have you updated to 3.17? Changed the CvPath etc.

Also if running Vista you are running under the ADMINISTRATOR.

Yea just saw the FAQ and came to apologize for not seeing it before my last post.

I am running Vista as admin

I have the same problem with FFHAoI

You were right, it is not needed to change the file like I said. :crazyeye:

For Vista, it is just necessary to change the property of running in order to use it in administrator and it is fine.
:king:

i put the mod for a friend, and we have problemes in game after multiples try :
we cant go in cities, we dont see when we select a unit the picture underneath with orders affected to the units, we cant see the open main menu,the civilipodia etc.... we see just the units and the map
Civ work good when there isn't the mod, do you know this probleme?

i put the mod for a friend, and we have problemes in game after multiples try :
we cant go in cities, we dont see when we select a unit the picture underneath with orders affected to the units, we cant see the open main menu,the civilipodia etc.... we see just the units and the map
Civ work good when there isn't the mod, do you know this probleme?

Look just above in post # 91.

For BTS, I think I bought it and went straight to 3.13

Alot of these problems sounds like a 3.02 problem, and if anyone has ever used 3.02 they need to un-install Civ4, then re-install it all over again, and this time making sure they NEVER use 3.02.

Figured it out, and you may want to add this to the FAQ

I just ran BTS as an administrator (just right clicking and choosing run as admin)

Top Bottom