Complete list of Steam Achievements

"Connoisseur
Rate a Mod."

Looks like the mod browser will support comments/reviews of mods. That sounds awesome.

"Connoisseur
Rate a Mod."

Looks like the mod browser will support comments/reviews of mods. That sounds awesome.

Hopefully they won't make an achievement that requires you to review a mod. That would lead to spam! :)

Sorry to be dense, but I have no idea what "Steam Achievements" are ....

I understand you accomplish something (e.g. beat Tank with Spearmen) and you get a "Steam Achievement".

But what does that mean?

Does the fact that I accomplished the Achievement appear on my local Civ game, or do I need to send the completed game to Steam to have it recognized ? Will it appear on my signature here at CivFanatics?

If anyone could provide a quick synopsis of what/how/why they are used, I'd really appreciate it ! ;)

I understand you accomplish something (e.g. beat Tank with Spearmen) and you get a "Steam Achievement".

But what does that mean?

Does the fact that I accomplished the Achievement appear on my local Civ game, or do I need to send the completed game to Steam to have it recognized ? Will it appear on my signature here at CivFanatics?

If anyone could provide a quick synopsis of what/how/why they are used, I'd really appreciate it ! ;)

quick gamer quiz: In which game was 'my little pony' a cheat code?

anyway, those achievements are kind of crap. run of the mill, you know.
"do regular stuff you'd do in the game anyway = achievement"

where's the achievement for building 15 wonders in one city? where's the achievement for winning the game against 10 civs in 50 turns.. maybe one for nuking each and every enemy capital in a game, or one for spending 50,000 gold in one turn. I dunno.

But what does that mean?

They're basically just goals that show up in your Steam account's profile. You can link your friends to it to show them how manly and intelligent you are. It's all done automatically so you're free to sit back and gloat.

Other than that they don't do anything.

Really, the main objective of achievements should be to get you to attempt challenges you wouldn't normally, which allows players (some players, anyway) to get more out of the game.

I wonder if there are 100 unique natural wonders?

No one says "unique". Could be meant over several games.

I hope you know what you're saying, because i've now added these to the OP and can't confirm myself, that these exist and are right.

Ah, and thank you both for compiling the list :).

Well, the other ones that can be done over several walkthroughs state so. This one didn't!

quick gamer quiz: In which game was 'my little pony' a cheat code?

anyway, those achievements are kind of crap. run of the mill, you know.
"do regular stuff you'd do in the game anyway = achievement"

where's the achievement for building 15 wonders in one city? where's the achievement for winning the game against 10 civs in 50 turns.. maybe one for nuking each and every enemy capital in a game, or one for spending 50,000 gold in one turn. I dunno.

Well, the achievements have to be reachable... without the use of cheats!

I plan to play in offline mode and switch online only for download DLCs and patches. Will the game remember/building a list of my achievements while I'm offline?

I plan to play in offline mode and switch online only for download DLCs and patches. Will the game remember/building a list of my achievements while I'm offline?

No

Veni, Vidi, Vici
Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Caesar.

Augustus didn't say that, Julius did! At least put in a quote from Augustus!

(Sorry for rant, I am a Julius Fanboy)

Are these achievements just accessory parts in my Steam account or do I get something from them exept the glorious obeisance of other players? :king:

Are these achievements just accessory parts in my Steam account or do I get something from them exept the glorious obeisance of other players? :king:

Unless you decide you no longer have a life and play none stop untill you get every achievement before anyone else then its more than likely no one will care what achievements you do =P They are a nice thing just to compare against frinds (IE, everyone else on this forum) To show your more powerfull and awesome.

Edit:

Model of a Modern Major-General
Train all Units, across any number of playthroughs.

Anyone know if this Achievement includes Unique units?

It would appear that somebody at Firaxis is a Doctor horrible fan.:mischief:

"The world is a mess, and I just need to rule it." "He threw a car at my head."

Top Bottom