Putmalk's Sengoku Jidai

First of all - I'm loving it so far, so good job on that. I bought the Korea DLC just to play this and it's worth it. BUT, diplomacy is a bit weird, even from vanilla. As Uesugi I would declare war on people on the other side of the island because my "friends" asked me to. Fast forward five to ten turns and they would offer peace with all of their gold plus multiple resources. All of my what. Recently I've been playing with community call to power which doesn't have this issue (which is probably the result of days of work getting around this awfulness), but if there was a way to fix that this would improve a millionfold.

Also, if you can make the island smaller, add more city states, and (possibly) make firm starting locations (true to history maybe?) instead of giving you a gorillion warriors and settlers.

But again, this is awesome as is and I hope to see more!

Version 3 will feature a 1500 Scenario map with preplaced starts and starting units, and it will play more like Shogun Total War. :p

Version 3 will feature a 1500 Scenario map with preplaced starts and starting units, and it will play more like Shogun Total War. :p

I don't get it whats the difference from the original one?

We allready have starting places and starting units?

I don't get it whats the difference from the original one?

We allready have starting places and starting units?

You start in the Sengoku Era, have multiple cities, population, buildings, and units already. Think of it as an alternate way to play the scenario, cutting out the initial building aspect of the game.

Take control of one of 11 Japanese clans and fight for control in a realistic recreation of Japan. Practice religion, train ninja, and send samurai armies to defeat your foes and take the crown as Shogun of Japan.

As a manner of speech: the shogun was ofcourse nominally subject to the emperor (who in Japan also has no crown).

This scenario requires Gods and Kings and Korea DLC.

Steam description says 'Korea civ' is needed, which isn't on Steam Workshop.

Does this mod have a special Samurai Arquebusier graphic?

No - not until someone ports one over.

Version 3 is going extremely well, all the features are implemented correctly and the only remaining thing is balance testing and finishing the 1500 scenario. I would imagine this wouldn't take more than two weeks (adjusting for schoolwork I have to do :(, otherwise it would be out in a week).

I see. Hopefully it uses the musketman animations from civ 5... Will there be a fire cannon, like in civ 3? It'd be cool to have, plus then we'd have an asian cannon graphic...

I see. Hopefully it uses the musketman animations from civ 5... Will there be a fire cannon, like in civ 3? It'd be cool to have, plus then we'd have an asian cannon graphic...

I remeber at a video about a documentary called heroes and vilains the shogun that the musketman had a wooden shield with hols in it so swords can't reach them and they shoot out of those hols..

I'm at work right now but I figured I would post the Version 3 changes (that I remember offhand).

Bug Fixes
  • Corrected an issue where the game would lock up due to insufficient amount of religions (the max that can be founded is now 5, the total amount of religions in the game)

Gameplay
  • Civilization traits have been changed. All civilizations now have Civ 4-style traits (Aggressive, Charismatic, Creative, Financial, Philosophical, Protective, Seafaring, Spiritual)
    • Aggressive: All melee units start with the Charge promotion.
    • Charismatic: 1/3 unhappiness from number of Cities. Great Generals are 20% more effective.
    • Creative: +2 Culture per City
    • Financial: +1 Gold from Trade Routes, +1 Gold from Trading Posts
    • Philosophical: Great People spawn 50% faster. Free Great Scientist at Philosophy
    • Protective: Free Walls in every City. Archer units start with the Accuracy I promotion.
    • Seafaring: +2 Move for all Naval Units, free Boarding Party I and Targeting I for Naval Units
    • Spiritual: Choose an extra belief when you found a Religion.
  • A new civilization has been added: Amago
  • Civilization starting locations have been adjusted, in some cases greatly

• Amago has been added and starts northeast of Mori, near the former city-state of Matsue
    • Chosokabe has been moved slightly west
    • Imagawa has been moved more west, near the former Tokugawa starting location
    • Hojo has been moved more northeast, near the former Mito city-state
    • Otomo has been moved slightly west
    • Tokugawa has been moved northwest, above Oda and on the northern coastline
  • Civilizations now have much more room to expand before encountering neighbors (exception: Mori, who now has a neighbor on the peninsula)
  • The Netherlands now start with the Christianity religion. Christianity can no longer be founded by Japanese clans.
  • When the Netherlands appear after a civilization has discovered European Contact, they now control the Holy City of Christianity.
  • Christianity can spread to Japanese cities, converting them to Christianity. Use Inquisitors to squash the heathen religion, or accept them into your empire and spread the new European religion to Japanese cities
  • A new social policy tree has been added: Stability.
  • Stability provides benefits to large empires at war. This includes production benefits, free units (including a Daimyo unit unobtainable anywhere else), gold benefits, and more.

Interface
  • City lists have been completely re-done. The city names are now modern but this corrects an issue where city lists were in incorrect regions
  • Every civilization has 19-20 unique city names
  • Changed civilization select screen. There is now two map options (1000 and 1500 Scenario).
  • 1000 scenario has civilizations start with a city and some units and fight over 300 turns for supremacy of Japan
  • 1500 scenario has pre-built cities and unit starting locations. It is a shorter version of the 1000 scenario. Victory conditions and events remain unchanged.
  • Military Science has a new icon

I'm at work right now but I figured I would post the Version 3 changes (that I remember offhand).

Bug Fixes
  • Corrected an issue where the game would lock up due to insufficient amount of religions (the max that can be founded is now 5, the total amount of religions in the game)

Gameplay
  • Civilization traits have been changed. All civilizations now have Civ 4-style traits (Aggressive, Charismatic, Creative, Financial, Philosophical, Protective, Seafaring, Spiritual)
    • Aggressive: All melee units start with the Charge promotion.
    • Charismatic: 1/3 unhappiness from number of Cities. Great Generals are 20% more effective.
    • Creative: +2 Culture per City
    • Financial: +1 Gold from Trade Routes, +1 Gold from Trading Posts
    • Philosophical: Great People spawn 50% faster. Free Great Scientist at Philosophy
    • Protective: Free Walls in every City. Archer units start with the Accuracy I promotion.
    • Seafaring: +2 Move for all Naval Units, free Boarding Party I and Targeting I for Naval Units
    • Spiritual: Choose an extra belief when you found a Religion.
  • A new civilization has been added: Amago
  • Civilization starting locations have been adjusted, in some cases greatly

• Amago has been added and starts northeast of Mori, near the former city-state of Matsue
    • Chosokabe has been moved slightly west
    • Imagawa has been moved more west, near the former Tokugawa starting location
    • Hojo has been moved more northeast, near the former Mito city-state
    • Otomo has been moved slightly west
    • Tokugawa has been moved northwest, above Oda and on the northern coastline
  • Civilizations now have much more room to expand before encountering neighbors (exception: Mori, who now has a neighbor on the peninsula)
  • The Netherlands now start with the Christianity religion. Christianity can no longer be founded by Japanese clans.
  • When the Netherlands appear after a civilization has discovered European Contact, they now control the Holy City of Christianity.
  • Christianity can spread to Japanese cities, converting them to Christianity. Use Inquisitors to squash the heathen religion, or accept them into your empire and spread the new European religion to Japanese cities
  • A new social policy tree has been added: Stability.
  • Stability provides benefits to large empires at war. This includes production benefits, free units (including a Daimyo unit unobtainable anywhere else), gold benefits, and more.

Interface
  • City lists have been completely re-done. The city names are now modern but this corrects an issue where city lists were in incorrect regions
  • Every civilization has 19-20 unique city names
  • Changed civilization select screen. There is now two map options (1000 and 1500 Scenario).
  • 1000 scenario has civilizations start with a city and some units and fight over 300 turns for supremacy of Japan
  • 1500 scenario has pre-built cities and unit starting locations. It is a shorter version of the 1000 scenario. Victory conditions and events remain unchanged.
  • Military Science has a new icon

These look some cool changes when do you thinx it will be out? Just so people don't start a game and then notice they need to update it :)

I am realyl exited about the 15 00 scenario.

I really apreciate all you're work to be honest I thinx you did a better job at scenario's then the gods and kings scenario's

These look some cool changes when do you thinx it will be out? Just so people don't start a game and then notice they need to update it :)

I am realyl exited about the 15 00 scenario.

I really apreciate all you're work to be honest I thinx you did a better job at scenario's then the gods and kings scenario's

The hurricane just devastated the city so it'll be a while. Also I got a bit lazy and bogged down with schoolwork.

The release date for V3 is tentative but still in progress. Sometime in November?

The hurricane just devastated the city so it'll be a while. Also I got a bit lazy and bogged down with schoolwork.

The release date for V3 is tentative but still in progress. Sometime in November?

You live where the hurricane is ow well good liuck with school and hopefully some better wheater

Hows are you doing with the hurricane? Any news of the election ?

By the way Does this mod still works with the new patch?

Hows are you doing with the hurricane? Any news of the election ?

By the way Does this mod still works with the new patch?

The mod should work, version 3 is still under development because I've been kinda busy. It will be out soon.

The mod should work, version 3 is still under development because I've been kinda busy. It will be out soon.

Good to hear Oh yeah good luck with the result of the voting :p I have to wait at the morning to know the result here in europe :(

Hello, everyone.

It is obvious that I have been away for a long time. I'm not sure how long it's been...October? Would that make it five months or something?

Long story short, I'm in college, it gets busy, and people lose focus and motivation for their projects. I wish I had a better explanation but that is the only honest thing I can say.

That being said, I am very appreciative for those that have supported this scenario mod. I won't be able to continue it, but as I last remember, I don't think that I was that much further from releasing Version 3 of the scenario.

I am willing to just upload that version (full source, not just the .civ5mod) files for anyone to continue the project as they wish. If anyone would be willing to accept them, just shoot me a P.M.

Top Bottom