Just (yet another) idea: Various Palaces

Vorpal+5

Venturing in Erebus
Hi all,

Has something be considered about Palaces in one of the modmod of FFH? By that I mean, why your Palace should stay the same throughout the game? As everything and more seems to have been considered for modding in the modmods, I believe the Palaces must get more attention! :lol:

Let me explain... How about having, upon the discovery of some techs, the possibility of replacing your palace by another version of it? The possibilities are multiple! Perhaps a tech can allow you to have a more grand and impressive palace (it would produce more culture and perhaps some GPP), while another tech would have you build underneath an alchemy lab (more research and perhaps you can buy potions from it?), etc. etc.

The trick and fun in the gameplay is that the palace would use the 'be replaced with' / 'replace that' mechanism .... i.e as game progress, you have more choices for your palace, but each variant is exclusive.

And if we want to go further, perhaps each variant can have several tiers... When you are comited to a tier, either you continue to tier 2 then 3, or if you want to change completely have to build the first tier (and scratch the previous palace). So your Palace with Alchemy Lab can be upgraded to 'Mage University' (tier 2 magic oriented palace), etc.

There are vast possibilities I believe. Does it appeals to any of the modders here?

Could you not make cheap sub-building which had a limitation that a Palace had to be present in a City? These could also be limited to specific Civs or Civics. I think that'd only require XML and a few graphics files to implement. Hence Treasury might give +3 Gold, Court Jester gives +1 Happiness, etc. The downside is that if you move your Palace you'll have to rebuild your court too.

That would be extremely easy in the next version of RifE; All xml, actually. We are importing the 'Replaced by' tag from Orbis, and already have our own 'Parent' tag which automatically places the building below the parent buildingclass, and nicely indents it.

So you set <Parent>BUILDINGCLASS_PALACE</Parent> on your building, and it will always show below the palace, and indented.

Was a small little tag added when we made buildings appear in alphabetical order.

Top Bottom