Favorite and least favorite AI?

Iberian Husky

Chieftain
Which AI do you get along with best? Which AI do you never get along with ever?

Favorite AI:

Genghis - All around bro. Easily befriended, loyal, and won't backstab.

Shaka - Loyal and doesn't backstab, provided you don't spawn next to him.

Pedro - Just an all around nice guy. Probably one of the friendliest civs, and doesn't really backstab either.

Daius - Also a pretty friendly civ.

Ahmad al Mansur - Friendly and also pretty loyal.

Most hated AI:

Alexander the Douche - DOW on sight. Need I say more?

Gajah Madah - Expansionist prick. Purposely settles right next to me in the early game and then gets all up in arms about it when I tell him to screw off. When I spawn next to him, we are usually at war before the Medieval Era.

Ramalamadingdong - Passive aggressive ass and also expansionist.

Queen Elizabeth - Just an all around nasty person.

Haile Selassie - GET YOUR DAMN PROPHETS OUT OF MY GOD DAMN CITY!

So, what are your favorite and least favorite AI?

For myself, I dislike any Runaway AI that Spams Settlers on another Continent and seems unstoppable short of Nuclear War once I meet them. Civs on my 'Grr List' include Zulu, Germany, and Inca.

I would always spawn next to Elixabeth and she would send settlers towards me from turn 1, then I tried playing as her and Japan warrior rushed me..

I ve gotten along with Boudicca.. I don't know about the others since most ais won't get along with you for so many unknown reasons. The most obvious reason is warmongering penalties and technology stealing with spies.

Genghis has an almost psychotic personality. The hilarious thing about him is, as you point you, that Firaxis made him actually quite friendly. So, we have perhaps the [historically] most feared warlord of all time, building huge armies and tearing up city-states left and right being friendly with you... ?

You aren't right about him not backstabbing, however. The funniest experience I had was sharing an ideology with him and several neighbours. I noticed his sizeable army of hopelessly outdated units moving towards my territory but figured "he won't possibly attack, we all have declarations of friendship... he must be heading for a city-state". Yet, he did precisely attack me, which of course infuriated all our common Order friends with insta-denouncements and all so I was able to bribe them into counter-attacking him for basically free. Of course, the moment he lost his units he was back to being super friendly as if the whole thing never happened. :D

Damn, I just realized I hate all the civs now that I think about it. The only one who is consistently friendly with me is Genghis.

Although, I did play one game where Dido bordered me yet was friendly with me the entire game. We had a Defensive Pact, so whenever someone tried attacking her, it was over for them. We were a pretty unstoppable strip of land.

I absolutely hate Elizabeth, Oda, Atilla, and Ram. I go to war with all of them fairly quickly.

Favorite:
- Wu Zetain: She just seems to always want to be friends with me.
- Genghis: He is generally a pretty good friend, although I usually have to abandon him because every other country in the world and their mother form a coalition to kill him off.
-Dido: Because el-sham-sham-ason. Oh, and she tends to be a pretty good trade partner.
-Suleiman: He's so cheerful and is generally very friendly.

Least Favorite:
-Bismarck: I HATE BISMARCK. He is a backstabbing asshat who seems to think he can get his way in diplomacy even if he's demanding all my resources in exchange for some cotton.
-Maria: She's just a general prick.
-Askia: He always seems to be competing with me, whether it's for culture, city-states, wonders etc.
-Montezuma: He conducts foreign policy like a 4-year old.
-Elizabeth: "WOULD YOU BE INTERESTED IN A TRADE AGREEMENT WITH ENGLAND????"

my most hated AI civ would definitely have to be portugal i just hate maria shes always hostile
as for my favourite civ AI i choose brazil because pedro is always friendly and never backstabs me
and he isnt a religeous zealot like india

Theodora is my fave. She always is friendly ands wants to friends. Sure we sometimes have our religious differences, but we look beyond that.

Germany I hate. Always warmongering and planting cities everywhere he can fin. Yes that one tile on my island that my borders aphavent reached was definitely a great place for a city. Generally I end up razing a few of his tiny cities and then he peaces out by giving me a lot of gold.

Favourite? Gandhi. Always builds wonders and no military. Yesterday I spawned next to him on deity. He built petra gl and stonehenge, then had 2 warriors and one elephant archer as defence. Cheers bro

least favourite is alex. He actually spends his money allying cs and winning the game, rather than stockpiling like the other ai

I think Askia is one of my favourites, never had problems with him and he seems loyal. My least favourite is Napoleon by far, that dwarf is an anoying backstabber you can never rely on.

Favorite:

Genghis Khan: My bro.
Kamehameha: Good partner to trade with.
Zulu: Unless you spawn next to him, he is actually a good ally.

Least Favorite:

Enrico Dandolo: Rich scumbag buying the states.
Haile Selassie: Always sending missionaries and prophets.
Gandhi: You would have been a favorite if you never nuked my city in that one game...

Favourite : Genghis Khan. A real bro to trust.

Least favourite :
Alexander, Forward-settles like a prick
Montezuma : He is gonna declare war to me sooner or later. It's always a matter of time.
Ramkamaewrroeggejgmergm: Like some1 said, he is passive aggressive and always a good competitor in like everything.

I've always had problems with Askia. He always seems to hate me for petty reasons, and never does well anyway.

Oda's a worthier opponent, but less trustworthy. Sure, we're friends, even though we just fought a war and you still have a huge army pointed at me. Let me just open those borders for you.

William and Kamehameha are my best friends. Sometimes Darius too, though he's more likely than they are to end up as serious competition.

I think Askia is one of my favourites, never had problems with him and he seems loyal. My least favourite is Napoleon by far, that dwarf is an anoying backstabber you can never rely on.

Napoleon was actually slightly above average in terms of height for his time and people. :D

Which AI do you get along with best? Which AI do you never get along with ever?

Favorite AI:

Genghis - All around bro. Easily befriended, loyal, and won't backstab.

Genghis is like one of my college buddies. Loyal to the end, got your back, and then he mows your lawn by stealing your best city state. then he must die.

I like Genghis and we always seem to be friends the entire game. Unfortunately, he ticks off everyone else, so it’s just him and me as friends.

I also usually get along with Egypt, unless they are next to me. Same thing with Gandhi.

Theodora is always a jerk, and Dido is a big backstabber.

I never get along with Shaka, Germany, or Elizabeth.

Favorites:

Washington - One of the few civs that will stand with me regardless of how things get.
A bit needy, but usually willing to help.

Darius I - Pretty good trade partner. Needs to not yell so much though. :crazyeye:

Napoleon - Reliably predictable. I think he makes war often to make sure I'm strong enough to not get eaten up by the other civs.

HATE:

Alexander - Only because his UA makes it extremely difficult to have any CS allies. Good thing he likes to take out other civs, though, as that lets me knock him out of the game without incurring too much of a warmonger penalty.

Gajah Mada - Just a fat man with a powertrip and not enough sense. Knock him out of every game as well.

Dido - You're in every other game of CiV that I play. You constantly try to make insane trade deals with me. You always forward settle me and my allies whenever possible. You constantly flip from wanting to be friends to denouncements at the flip of a switch. You always try to pass bills that hinder me, and when you can't manage that, you start trying to buy the few CS allies that I usually have at that point. You are genuinely a gigantic pain in every game I play.

But I know what you want and how you're trying to get it, Dido, and I'm not going to let you have it. Yet, anyways.

Recently though I've found August to be my favorite, lol. Since I can't do a domination victory on deity, why not choose August as a civilization and use him rather than score as much as him..

Most Favorite

Washington: He's usually pretty friendly.
Harun al-Rashid: I can usually trade excess luxuries with him all game.
Oda Nobunaga: I usually have good luxury trading with him, until he gets embargoed after he attacks a city state or picks fights with the wrong people.
Genghis Khan: Of course. He's just grateful to have a friend at all.
Kamehameha: "Dude, let's kick back on the beach with some cold beers." :cool:
Maria I: She's usually not half bad, except for missionary spam.
Ramkhamhaeng: Surprisingly I have usually had pretty good relations with him, unless we pick different ideologies. The palace garden in his leader scene is so relaxing.

Least Favorite

Boudicca: Somewhat annoying. She always attacks me, but her McKamikaze Highlanders never seem to do much of anything.
Wu Zetian: She's just awful. Things may start off all right but she always turns on me. Apparently this is historically accurate...
Napoleon: Backstabber extraordinaire. :backstab:
Alexander: He loves to open a diplomatic screen just to taunt you. What a smug little !@#$%&?! :mad:
William: He's often a jerk in my games. He tries to ban my luxuries. Unacceptable.
Catherine: It is possible to get along, but never turn your back on her.

I have not had the same problems with Montezuma, Dido, or Elizabeth that others have had, though I wouldn't call them favorites either.

Top Bottom