Bug Report (English)

Thomas SG, I searched for a broken save and loaded several different ones, but today everything seems to be okay. I tried reloading several times, but had no problem. I am very sorry but I can't replicate the CTD today. I don't get it. :confused:
Yesterday I had experienced it three times (since my last erroneous report I only post issues if I can replicate them at least 3x). Could it be the cache/memory of my pc which caused the problem? (Today I didn't play, tried only reloading - but probably not as many times as yesterday - and I didn't run any additional programs in the background like yesterday.)
When I continue playing I will let you know if I experience a reload CTD again. But for now, consider everything to be okay. Sorry for troubling you. :blush:

One question: in the attached save New York's border popped, but I couldn't figure out why. Lincoln isn't creative, there are no trade routes and I don't have a monument yet. What do I miss?

Attachments

• CellKu BC-1640CCV NY expanded borders hm.CivBeyondSwordSave
    169.5 KB · Views: 55
Thomas, some questions and feedback regarding culture via trade routes:
1.) Regarding the unhappy because of "we want to join our motherland" (if only foreign influence is culture via trade routes): What is the threshold for that? Is it 10%, 20% or 30% foreign culture? When I realized the unhappy faces it was already too late to figure it out. Do they increase one by one or do I get the 2 unhappy faces instantely when I cross the threshold?

Btw, I think two smaller civs actually closed their borders with me because of too much of my culture was flowing in - since they were both pleased and I had almost no troops that seemed to be the only explanation. Maybe I am wrong, but if that was indeed the case, then :goodjob:

2.) IMO some adjustments are necessary with regard to the amount of foreign culture within you cities.
a.) First, I think if foreign culture is not renewed for a certain period (e.g. I close my borders with India, so that we have no trade routes anymore) it should decrease over time or better my culture should increase again. Maybe it already happens right now, but I haven't noticed it.

b.) If there are no other influences such as overlapping culture because of being close to another civ, I would expect that relative amount of foreign culture in a city could never be more than the relative average amount of foreign culture that is introduced via trade routes. That means that if my capital produces 2/3 of my own culture and 1/3 foreign culture via trade routes the maximum amount of foreign culture in my city should be 1/3. However, in my capital its almost 50:50, even though wonders and buildings produce (and have produced over a long time) more than double the amount of culture than trade routes. Moreover, I had closed borders for a while, but that had (almost) no effect (maybe 1% increase).

3.) One additional thougt: Perhaps the culture influence could be made dependent on civics? More with free speech, less with police state or something like this?

Are there immigrants? Are foreign people moving to your capital? Immigrants also introduce culture! And how much depends on where they come from...

Is it possible that it happend in your save game too?

Are there immigrants? Are foreign people moving to your capital? Immigrants also introduce culture! And how much depends on where they come from...

Is it possible that it happend in your save game too?

I thought so, too. But then, wouldn't I get a message if some people from foreign countries move into my cities? I can't remember that I got such a message - well, maybe it just disappeared too quickly because of other messages. :confused:

Here is a screen shot (oh, and look at the trade route from Lalibela, there seems to be a problem with the culture):
Spoiler :

And the save:

Attachments

• CellKu AD-1120CCV Lalibela prob.CivBeyondSwordSave
    597.5 KB · Views: 60
Probably everthing is okay with the next issue I have, but please enlighten me here. I am bit confused :confused: :

Is it normal that different techs with the same amount of beakers can differ in the number of turns needed to research them (if everything else is equal!)? I could understand that in cases of "OR-techs" (two prereqs possible, but only one necessary to research) you would be faster if you had both prereq. techs. But neither Const. nor Astro are "OR-techs" AFAIK. And as far as I know I am the tech leader - maybe some AIs have already astro (that was the first one that the AIs researched (but astro is the one that actually takes me longer to research...). :confused:

Const. (0/3250): 8 turns
Spoiler :

Same turn Astro. (0/3250): 10 turns
Spoiler :

Attachments

• CellKu AD-1210 CCV different turntimes for research.CivBeyondSwordSave
    631.1 KB · Views: 52
And one last comment:

The AI values contacts... hm, strangely, I would say. While later in the game I was asked to pay 300-400 gold for a new contact (which IMO was quite expensive since it was a contact to a new and thus very poor and backward civ, but that is fine, since the amount the AIs asked decreased over time, so that is the market),
in the beginning of the game Ragnar just throw 4(!) of his contacts "away" for mere Meditation (one for Meditation would have been appropriate in my eyes).

Spoiler :

And one question: Does the AI value contacts according to the power/techs/money that the unknown civ has and according to how many other civs can offer me that contact?

Here is a screen shot (oh, and look at the trade route from Lalibela, there seems to be a problem with the culture)

I fear the mistake is in the mod description and not in the code. But I didn't check the save yet. If the city is of culture level none or poor there will be no culture bonus! So the description is wrong because it says the bonus from a trade route is 1-3:culture: but it is 0-3:culture:.

The formula is (int) level/2. And the level counter starts at 0 and not 1! So it is 0 or 1 devided by 2. So it is 0 or 0.5. And (int) 0.5 is 0!

Probably everthing is okay with the next issue I have, but please enlighten me here. I am bit confused :confused: :

Is it normal that different techs with the same amount of beakers can differ in the number of turns needed to research them (if everything else is equal!)? I could understand that in cases of "OR-techs" (two prereqs possible, but only one necessary to research) you would be faster if you had both prereq. techs. But neither Const. nor Astro are "OR-techs" AFAIK. And as far as I know I am the tech leader - maybe some AIs have already astro (that was the first one that the AIs researched (but astro is the one that actually takes me longer to research...). :confused:

Const. (0/3250): 8 turns
Spoiler :

Same turn Astro. (0/3250): 10 turns
Spoiler :

Unbelievable. You found a massive bug in the tech diffusion code. :eek: This is a heavy logical mistake.

Here is the code from int CvPlayer::calculateResearchModifier(TechTypes eTech) const:

PHP:
	for (int iI = 0; iI < GC.getNUM_OR_TECH_PREREQS(); iI++)
	{
		if (GC.getTechInfo(eTech).getPrereqOrTechs(iI) != NO_TECH)
		{
			if (!(GET_TEAM(getTeam()).isHasTech((TechTypes)(GC.getTechInfo(eTech).getPrereqOrTechs(iI)))))
			{
				iUnknownPaths++;
			}

iPossiblePaths++;
		}
	}

FAssertMsg(iPossiblePaths >= iUnknownPaths, "The number of possible paths is expected to match or exceed the number of unknown ones");

if( iPossiblePaths > iUnknownPaths )
	{
		iModifier += GC.getTECH_COST_FIRST_KNOWN_PREREQ_MODIFIER();
		iPossiblePaths--;
		iModifier += (iPossiblePaths - iUnknownPaths) * GC.getTECH_COST_KNOWN_PREREQ_MODIFIER();
	}

So it makes a different if you define in TechInfo.xml

i) A in OR and B in AND
ii) A in AND and B in AND

That should not be!!!!! It's not allowed to have a bonus for the first known OR-path!
But this is what iModifier += GC.getTECH_COST_FIRST_KNOWN_PREREQ_MODIFIER(); does. This line must be commented out or TECH_COST_FIRST_KNOWN_PREREQ_MODIFIER must be set to 0.

And one last comment:

The AI values contacts... hm, strangely, I would say. While later in the game I was asked to pay 300-400 gold for a new contact (which IMO was quite expensive since it was a contact to a new and thus very poor and backward civ, but that is fine, since the amount the AIs asked decreased over time, so that is the market),
in the beginning of the game Ragnar just throw 4(!) of his contacts "away" for mere Meditation (one for Meditation would have been appropriate in my eyes).

Spoiler :

And one question: Does the AI value contacts according to the power/techs/money that the unknown civ has and according to how many other civs can offer me that contact?

I have no idea at the moment. It's Afforess code. Typical problems... :mischief:

Got a bug to report here: I just installed the latest version +Update F.
When I try to start a game, and create my capital, the city is filled with countless religions, far beyond what the game has. On the city bar, the usual religions are there, but the rest of the icons just say 138. And when the pop-up appears to notify me of new religions, the space is left black. Attached is picture.

Secondly, when the game begins, this message is shown on the notification bar:
"BugInit- ini'TradeUtil' failed"
I don't know if it's related- but it's a failed initialization so it must be important.

Attachments

• Religions.jpg
    Religions.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 127
I've seen those problems in the past when an installation was not okay. Most of the time BTS was damaged. But here I'm not sure. The TradeUtil is a part of BUG and so part of CCV. Please try the new version 4.29G. It would be good if you could remove the old CCV version manually by deleting the Community Civ V folder in Beyond the Sword\Mods\ ! If you still got trouble after the installation of the new CCV version please follow this routine:

i) deinstall BTS and CCV
ii) check manually that all components have been really removed
iii) install BTS 3.19
iv) run CCV 4.29G installer
v) Try it again!

And here the change log of the new version:

4.29G (not savegame compatible with earlier versions)

- repaired all damaged animations
- 2nd UU for all civs
- Advanced Flight requires now rocketry
- tactical ballistic missile has got now much higher requirements: robotics, laser, superconductors (and industrial park with "Require Infrastructure")
- new techs: fermentation and glass manufacture (needed :science: has been taken from monarchy and machinery)
- restructured tech tree!!!
- palace now available with glass manufacture and 5 cities
- impressive buildings like ApoPalace, cathedrals, Sistine Chapel, Versaille,... require now engineering (requires glass manufacture)
- winery requires now fermentation (bonus from glass manufacture)
- many bonuses require now early techs to be revealed
- satellite network has now a description; creates some free spy satellites and reveals the map for the player every turn (doesn't show units)
- decreased the see invisible chances of spy satellites (Advanced Invisibility System)
- if team player with satellite network dies another player of the team will now get the control over the satellites
- solved bug that didn't replace dangerous fission plants with save fusion plants after the discovery of fusion
- solved bug that didn't replace arcology shielding with deflector shielding
- unused combat bonuses of the trebuchet have been removed
- unowned airbases can now be used
- airbases can now be build outside borders
- can perform paradrops from airbases
- modified unit upgrade AI to work better with the XP autoupgrade
- solved problem from Advanced Invisibility System with satellites (removed dirty and not working bugfix from 4.29F)
- rewritten Advanced Invisibility System to be much faster (even when using CCV with standard system) and working right in all cases (solved bug caused by changing "see class" in :doTurn)
- can switch now in a running game without any problems between Advanced Invisibility System and standard system
- correcture of some text bugs
- +1 move point for naval units from circumnavigated globe now only counts until the discovery of railroad
- ironclad has now 5 moves like the steamer (both are as fast as earlier types can be with circumnavigated globe bonus)
- new terrain, water and bonus arts
- new CCV design

Thomas SG, a few more comments/bug reports(?) for 4.29G:

1.) Not sure if it should be called a bug, but seems a bit weird: The AI healed its scout in front of a hut and didn't take, so I could pop the hut with my scout the next turn:
Spoiler :

2.) The next one, however, seems to be a clear but: The barb archer killed my warrior (must have been "range bombarding" :goodjob: , otherwise the barb archer would have entered the city), but did NOT take the city the next turn, even though it was empty!! :eek: During the turns before the archer (although stronger) had never attacked my warrior directly (to take the city), I saw only range attacks. You will find the save attached - its the turn before the barb archer turns away from my empty city.
Spoiler :

3.) Did you increase the change of popping techs from huts? Or maybe I was just lucky: I got 3 techs from 3 popped huts! :eek:

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-2080.CivBeyondSwordSave
    136.7 KB · Views: 54
I've seen those problems in the past when an installation was not okay. Most of the time BTS was damaged. But here I'm not sure. The TradeUtil is a part of BUG and so part of CCV. Please try the new version 4.29G. It would be good if you could remove the old CCV version manually by deleting the Community Civ V folder in Beyond the Sword\Mods\ ! If you still got trouble after the installation of the new CCV version please follow this routine:

i) deinstall BTS and CCV
ii) check manually that all components have been really removed
iii) install BTS 3.19
iv) run CCV 4.29G installer
v) Try it again!

I tried the steps above, but I still have the same thing occurring.

Attachments

• Religions.jpg
    Religions.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 73
Thomas SG, a few more comments/bug reports(?) for 4.29G:

1.) Not sure if it should be called a bug, but seems a bit weird: The AI healed its scout in front of a hut and didn't take, so I could pop the hut with my scout the next turn:
Spoiler :

2.) The next one, however, seems to be a clear but: The barb archer killed my warrior (must have been "range bombarding" :goodjob: , otherwise the barb archer would have entered the city), but did NOT take the city the next turn, even though it was empty!! :eek: During the turns before the archer (although stronger) had never attacked my warrior directly (to take the city), I saw only range attacks. You will find the save attached - its the turn before the barb archer turns away from my empty city.
Spoiler :

3.) Did you increase the change of popping techs from huts? Or maybe I was just lucky: I got 3 techs from 3 popped huts! :eek:

1) The AI_Heal function doesn't check the terrain around the current position. But I may be able to change it.

2) Archers and other FSA capable units prefer the FSA and won't attack direct if the chance is not high enough. Why the archer doesn't capture the empty city is a miracle. I'll search for the reason... Maybe caused by FSA.

3) I've changed nothing. Just luck.

I tried the steps above, but I still have the same thing occurring.

Just so you know,your not the only one who has this issue.I'm having the same problem.

I get the error messages in the picture everytime I try to play a game. Its really frustrating because this mod looks fantastic!!

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 74
I get the error messages in the picture everytime I try to play a game. Its really frustrating because this mod looks fantastic!!

jndl, it seems you don't run the mod as admin. Similar problems have been reported in other mod threads (e.g. QC, see for example here) and running the mod as admin usually solved them (see here, for a reason see here).

I don't get the problem that Sam42 reports, but I have seen it reported in another RevDCM derivative mod as well - I think it was in LoR, but could also be in the base RevDCM mod. IIRC the problem was not the mod itself, but I don't remember what it was. Unless Thomas SG knows the solution, we might find something in the LoR or the RevDCM thread to solve this problem.

jndl, it seems you don't run the mod as admin. Similar problems have been reported in other mod threads (e.g. QC, see for example here) and running the mod as admin usually solved them (see here, for a reason see here).

I don't get the problem that Sam42 reports, but I have seen it reported in another RevDCM derivative mod as well - I think it was in LoR, but could also be in the base RevDCM mod. IIRC the problem was not the mod itself, but I don't remember what it was. Unless Thomas SG knows the solution, we might find something in the LoR or the RevDCM thread to solve this problem.

If you are not running as an admin? Yes, that could be the reason. :goodjob: BUG changes some files and even creates some. If BUG is allowed to do so you will for sure get this message. Good idea.

So you can try to run CCV as admin or maybe it's also enough to disable the BUG autologging. To disable the BUG autologging open the BUG option screen and go to the card "logging". In the upper left corner disable "Enable Logging".

Spoiler :

Attachments

• Logging.JPG
    Logging.JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 236
Top Bottom