Succession Game - GOTM24 Scenario

I am pleased to see that I share the honour with Space to be the starting player in the vanilla roster... :p

Is this a subtle hint about my having something to say about anything? :crazyeye:

Since we now have seven players in each team I have decided to close the rosters. I hope this is OK with everyone.

Hi mad-bax,

Sorry to be slow to respond but was away from home over the weekend (running up and down cliffs in Cornwall - my legs still ache) and spend all last night moving the SC23 forward.

Since the roster is closed I will just follow the play and can fill in for anyone if they have an availability issue - to keep thing rolling if that is OK.

As a Mac user I will be playing the 1.29 version.

MacBaldrick: It is not my intention to prevent anyone from playing this game. So if there are no objections to you being added to the civIII roster in the next 24hrs, then I will add you tomorrow.

I have amended the ptw roster order to accomodate RL issues.

Now we just have to sit on our hands patiently waiting for the saves. :)

MB (Mad-Bax not Macbaldrick): There seems to be a lot additional interest for this game, any chance of multiple teams for one of the types??

:beer:

There is no limit (in theory) for the number of teams. The only limit is the least number of players on a team. Fewer than 5 means that turns come round too quickly for some people (me specifically ;) ). So, if we get 10 signups for a version I will split it into 2 teams.

It's a good idea IMO :thumbsup:

So with MacBaldrick and Gengis Khan, that's at least 16 players. we could have 3 teams... What a competition!

Is GK playing? Get him to sign up here somebody please. Again I can shift to civIII to even up the teams.

I agree Bugs, this should be a lot of fun. :D

Me PM GK.

Edit - Done.

Assuming GK is playing I have opened the rosters again. Please tell your friend. ;)

I wish to sign up for the PTW or the Civ3 team, Which ever has more room for me. Please, I realy would like to be in a GOTM SG :)

CivGeneral: I am going to put you on Vanilla CivIII Roster A, if that's OK. If you haven't played Vanilla GOTM lately you have a big download and some instructions to follow. Nice to have you with us.

A hardy "well done" to you mad-bax. I think this is going to be a blast. :goodjob: Too bad CF isn't around to see the fruits of what he wrought a month ago.

Yeah, I miss CF. He was (erm is) a great guy.

I have the saves. I'm posting the new threads now.

I think you might be right. Team play GOTM might just be the next evolution of this format. Cracker's crafted scenarios are superb, but I have found that the pressure to play a good ten turns, and hand over a save file I can defend and be proud of to my colleagues, adds an extra dimension to the game. I have had no previous opportunities to try the SG experience, but I have really appreciated the progressive learning experience during between-turn discussions. It gives much more immediate feedback vs. the after-the-event learning that comes at spoiler time in the GOTMs.

Imagine a multi-team SG, played on a Cracker magic map, to a one-month deadline - with all the multi-player logistics that implies. We could pitch single players against teams and test the relative benefits of a focused single player vs. multi-skilled team play. Heaven knows what it would do for the ranking systems, and star players would become commodities to be traded between teams on a transfer market, but it could add a new dimension to the already-sparkling community game experience that is GOTM.

Of curse, I could just be suffering from the immediate after effects of that rather splendid Chardonnay we had for dinner ... ;)

The first post in the thread has been edited to show the start position, links to your respective threads and a few words from our patron.

I have the saves, but I will not make them available until midnight GMT 8th November.

I can see it now

Manchester United Trades Star Civ Player AlanH to Sporting Lisbon

;) not bad for a Yank?

Originally posted by Sir Bugsy
I can see it now

Manchester United Trades Star Civ Player AlanH to Sporting Lisbon

.... on a free transfer, maybe!

;) not bad for a Yank?
Well done! You probably know more about MU than I do. I live in one of the few soccer-free zones in the UK, and I have no problem with that!

Actually, those are the only two teams I know. :D I saw them play each other a few years ago.

Originally posted by Sir Bugsy
Actually, those are the only two teams I know. :D I saw them play each other a few years ago.
Then you *do* know more than me. MU is the only one I'm prepared to admit to having heard of ;)

Top Bottom