Civilization Revolution 2 Plus coming to PS Vita?

cuc

Warlord
This has yet to be properly announced, only leaked in some rating board updates.

We now have a full trophy list, leaving us with no doubt: CivRev2 has been ported to PS Vita in the form of CivRev2 Plus, coming along with XCOM Plus.

Hopefully the PS Vita version can actually have multiplayer.

Even if they don't bring all the new features in the plus version to mobile, hopefully they'll at least release a bug-fix patch. At least they're still interested in the Revolution series though, I guess.

Looks like the game is going to be a download-only title for the Vita in North America:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...olution-2-plus-comes-to-ps-vita-december-3rd/

Graphics look indistinguishable from the Android/iOS version, but I'm pretty sure they're actually just said Android/iOS version screenshots with PlayStation buttons overlayed on them in Photoshop. Granted, the final version is unlikely to look much different. A pity, I was hoping they'd try a little harder to match the colorful charm and eyecandy that the original PS3/XBox360 graphics had.

The same announcement article has also been posted on the PlayStation Europe blog. Only adding specialized content to appeal to the Japanese market makes much more sense when Japan is the only market you'll do a physical release in.

People who want a physical copy are already preparing to import the Asian release (contains English language) from PlayAsia.

Graphics look indistinguishable from the Android/iOS version, but I'm pretty sure they're actually just said Android/iOS version screenshots with PlayStation buttons overlayed on them in Photoshop. Granted, the final version is unlikely to look much different. A pity, I was hoping they'd try a little harder to match the colorful charm and eyecandy that the original PS3/XBox360 graphics had.
Indeed, this CivRev2 is from beginning to end a budget 2K China project. No disrespect to the people at 2K China, but if Firaxis' own canceled CivRev2 actually got made, the game would have offered more than this.

New features from the PS blog:
In one particular scenario (“Journey to the West”), you’ll use TaiZong against Saladin (AI) to capture Byzantium. The other scenarios, “Wrath of Emperor Kublai,” “Samurai Invasion of Korea,” “Z-flag Swirls,” and “Dark Clouds in the Pacific” all take place at different points in Japanese history.

And the same goes for the new Japanese leaders we introduce in this game:

Oda Nobunaga: Focused on medieval era/samurai bonus
Heihachiro Togo: Naval combat related bonuses
Himiko: More diplomatic related, governmental related bonuses
Mongolian invasion, Korean campaign, Battle of Tsushima, and the Pacific Theater. Can't even imagine how ahistorical these scenarios will look like in the CivRev engine :D .

Amazingly, that anime style Cleopatra there is less scantily clad compared to the one actually in the game.

Will buy the physical copy for Asia when it's out. I have the Android version and its actually fun

The game has yet to be released, and Take Two has shut down its main developer 2K China.

Well, that doesn't bode well for the mobile version getting any of the new content, let alone some much-needed bug fixed. :/

Sid Meier’s Civilization Revolution 2 Plus for PlayStation Vita is now launching in North America and Europe on January 26, 2016. Meanwhile, 2K is launching the product as scheduled in Asia on December 3, 2015. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause in light of the holiday season, but appreciate your patience as we continue to prepare the title for global release this coming year.

https://www.facebook.com/civ/photos/a.349831890358.197044.117631940358/10153690858980359/

Top Bottom