Help! My ship is sinking!

sman1975

Emperor
Greetings,

I'm using the Carrack model from the Advanced Naval Units/Expanded Naval Immersion mod pack from Ladriejp in a mod I'm building (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=546699).

The Carrack seems to be a little underwater as soon as it's built - see attached picture.

What can I do to raise the ship a little so it doesn't look like it's sinking as soon as I build it?

Many thanks.

Attachments

• Running Low.jpg
    Running Low.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 153
You have to use Nexus Buddy to export the model and edit it in blender. Or you can increase its scale in ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos table.

This will also happen if you give a DOMAIN_SEA unit a promotion with CanMoveImpassable=true, as the graphics engine will then assume the vessel is a sub and automatically displace it downwards

Thanks - I was hoping there was a simpler way than using blender - having difficulty getting it to work on my computer. Maybe I'll just rename it to UNIT_GLASS_BOTTOM_BOAT and call it done... ;)

Thanks again!

This will also happen if you give a DOMAIN_SEA unit a promotion with CanMoveImpassable=true, as the graphics engine will then assume the vessel is a sub and automatically displace it downwards

Pearl of a tip there whoward, I did not know that, Thanks :)

Hate to re-necro my own thread, but just in case anyone is having the same problem with the carrack model, I've found a solution:

You need to make an entry into the "ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos" table for this model:

<ZOffset>2</ZOffset>

This raises the boat just a bit, so that the water disappears and the boat looks seaworthy again. ;)

@Nutty - the scale for the model is .10 - but I wanted to shrink the boat a bit, as it was part of a class of units that evolved over time, so the ships needed to "grow" from smaller ships initially to later boats at the end.

The original mod I "harvested" the model from had the Art Defines setting the scale at .12

Indeed, the model at any scale shows a square of water in the "hold" of the ship. If the scale is larger, it's easier to see the problem without much zooming in.

When I added the the ZOffset (set at 2), the model finally looked correct (no sign of water) at both a scale of .12 and .10. The water line was now at the 4th "dark stripe" on the water line.

The model was originally based on this unit: https://forums.civfanatics.com/resources/civ5-carrack.23142/

On the picture at the link, you can see the waterline is on/about the 2nd dark stripe. The ZOffset raised it from the there to the 4th line.

It now looks "right" with the raised offset, and no sign of water in the hold - at any scale. You could perhaps get by with an offset of 1, but I didn't test that.

Top Bottom